PDA

View Full Version : Apology

DeathLover
12-22-2002, 04:28 AM
I admit it im not the honest trader i made out to be.I have ripped alot of descent people off at what is supposed to be the happiest time of the year.I am gonna try to rectify this in the fullest way possible.Email me at dbztradergamer@aol.com if i have scammed you and i will let you know my plan.

And yes i was buyer4755@aol.com but dont email or aim me there anymore as im deleting the account affective asap.I hope everyone can forgive me for this especially the really nice people i have talked to.I will hope we can come to good terms after all this is through i would really appreciate that.

Michael Elliott
12-22-2002, 04:32 AM
After talking with this guy for around 30 minutes via AOL IM, I think he will try and come clean with what he did. I do appreciate the honesty and I'm sure the others will as well. I just hope you learned a lesson from all this.

I'll only be out the $10 postage but I'm not going to file any charges since I'll get the package back. I want a lot of stuff and I'd love to get it free but hurting others certainly isn't the way to do it. People work hard for what they have and put faith in others to be honest so ripping them off is beyond bad. I love DVDs but 10+ years in prison isn't worth NO movie.

Again, I hope you learned your lesson and I'll talk to the other people and show them this thread.

vegasnights
12-22-2002, 04:36 AM
Fuck that! Us collectors can't afford people trying to rip us off. File charges!

themystro
12-22-2002, 12:45 PM
I agree!! File Charges (He just admitted to committing a felony)!! He shouldn't be let off the hook so easily!

sadistikmuzik
12-22-2002, 02:00 PM
You know what, I DO NOT forgive you. I even told you i knew you were the same name and athat you seemed like a scammer and that I was gonna trust you. You are a prick, and I went out and bought a VCR to trade you, you asshole. Now what am I supposed to do with it? You had me thinking I was getting several DVDs that I had wanted for a long time, and some were supposed to be Christmas presants. YOu do not have my forgiveness, for whatever it is worth, unless you pay me back for the VCR I went and got.

Mike P
12-22-2002, 02:20 PM
Now I do have a serious problem. I paid like $18 for shipping, and now im fucked. I dont know what the hell to do. Most of all that stuff was supposed to be X-mas gifts, and now I got nothing. I've only had to deal with one dishonest trader, but now, this is going to lead to the worst x-mas ever. Thanks a bunch. You know my address, and you can relay the shipping, cuz i'll be hell bent, if im payin for you to ship it back.

Andrew Monroe
12-22-2002, 02:28 PM
This guy is just sorry he got caught,I doubt if he`s genuinely sorry for the scam.He was claiming innocence right up until he realized Michael had him by the short ones.I doubt if this is the first time he`s done this.

what are dvds
12-22-2002, 05:18 PM
ok so where's my dvds then?

You owe me

Army of darkness 2 disc LE
Transformers season 1
Transformers season 2 part 1
Seven plat line series
nightmare on elm street box set
8mm
silence of the lambs
happy gilmore
mr deeds
waterboy
billy madison

Oh wait....you probably owe ten other people those same dvds too huh! OR you don't even own those fucking dvds do you!?

In that case TOBY, I'll trade you my ten copies of SALO for your dvd player.

sadistikmuzik
12-22-2002, 05:34 PM
Yea, what are dvds, He owes me about half of those as well. Luckily I saw this coming, and made him "send first"

Michael Elliott
12-22-2002, 08:21 PM
He was offering me A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET set. Looks like I might have to re-think.

sadistikmuzik
12-22-2002, 08:22 PM
lease do Mike, since mine is " in the mail" yea Fuc*in right....

Michael Elliott
12-22-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by sadistikmuzik
lease do Mike, since mine is " in the mail" yea Fuc*in right....

Call your post office tomorrow and tell them what happened. They will also give you the phone number to the post office in his area. If you want, call the police in his town and they can press charges that way. I know three others are tomorrow morning and I think I will too. I'm out $10 plus I'm going to have to pay to get the package mailed back to me.

sadistikmuzik
12-22-2002, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the advice, but I sort of figured him out first. I noticed the different names he was using, and i used different sns to see if he was trying to scam me. I also noticed similiarities between th 2 names, yet he denied them eing the same person, etc. That probably was confusing, but overall, i FINALLY got him to "send First" he said he sent it then 2 days later apologizes for bein suck a cock. Geez this guy makes me mad. I WANTED CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST!!!!! lol

Lil' Spanky
12-23-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Michael Elliott
10+ years in prison isn't worth NO movie.

The original 90 minute negative of Freaks on R1 DVD; remastered with a trailer; commentary; nice insertsl documentaries: Tod Browning; The Film etc; and gallery; with a bonus disc of the TLC Special SIDESHOW...

...Yeah; 10 years will suit me fine; better than losing a testicle and having to eat it :D

Yngwie
12-24-2002, 08:29 AM
dbztradergamer@aol.com if i have scammed you and i will let you know my plan

I AM STILL WAITING FOR THIS GUY'S PLAN!!!
HE DIDNT ANSWER ME.

I SWEAR THE GOD , HE'S GONNA HAVE A NICE VISIT FROM ME SOON. WHOMEVER ANSWERS THE FRONT DOOR GETS IT.

WHAM!

Jared M
12-24-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Yngwie
I SWEAR THE GOD , HE'S GONNA HAVE A NICE VISIT FROM ME SOON. WHOMEVER ANSWERS THE FRONT DOOR GETS IT.

WHAM!

bring a video camera for the rest of us! :D

Scott W
12-24-2002, 03:52 PM
I'm not sure how genuine the apology is although its good he did. If all you didnt get him cornered like you did then he probably wouldnt have admitted anyhting. He saw the fuzz around the corner and and decided to do some damage control. I feel bad for everybody who got ripped, here and elsewhere. Nothing worse than a fucking thief!

what are dvds
12-24-2002, 07:06 PM
has ANYONE gotten a reply from this guy?

If he really means the apology AND intends to do something about it, then SOMEONE should have gotten SOMETHING from him....but I seriously doubt he's done shit. He's just apologizing so that he can hope that we MIGHT back off.

Whoever lives near him, can you pay him a visit?

Nick Schwartz
12-25-2002, 10:31 PM
From what I heard, you lot need to find this louse and go to:

www.naag.com

It's the National Assocation of Attorney Generals for each state. They often go after these guys or know who does. And for crying out loud, don't pay for this asshole to send your packages back to you. Make him rot.

Yngwie
12-26-2002, 07:23 AM
https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm

DeathLover
12-28-2002, 11:20 AM
Sorry guys i havent been able to get on the comp for a few days i will answer all my emails now.

Steve Genier
12-28-2002, 12:26 PM
https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm Will if I don't recieve my Akaira Tin anytime soon, I'll be signing that for sure. That is only one step that will be taken.

Yngwie
12-29-2002, 09:25 AM
Holy fuck! Read this guys.
The guys owes me 3dvd's and here's his PLAN:

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, DBZTraderGamer@aol.com wrote:

I have 7 maybe 8 hundred movies about 200 of which are horror.I was thinking that if i sent you a complete list you could pick a bunch of stuff off the list i'll copy them and send them off to you.What did you send me and what do i owe you anyway?

WOOOOOOOOOOO DUBS!!!! WOW!!!!
Im so exited i just pissed myself.

what are dvds
12-29-2002, 10:01 PM
Isn't that ILLEGAL??? Yet another scam that he's got up his sleeve....

First, he rips people off....

now he plans to rip off dvd manufacturers.

I smell jailtime...

DeathLover
12-29-2002, 11:19 PM
what are dvds-your gonna tell me you dont have any dubs in your house?besides im not breaking any laws unless i sell/rent or exhibit the movies.

Garett L
12-30-2002, 01:02 AM
Death to deathlover.

You are the lowest peiceof shit there is..

what are dvds
12-30-2002, 01:03 AM
actually....

I DON'T

I only own a few vhs tapes and they're authentic.

also home videos as well.

the rest are all real dvds

Yngwie
12-30-2002, 08:34 AM
You are a CROOK Toby Duffany.

How about a complaint to the FBI?

SINKING DEEP........

themystro
12-30-2002, 12:13 PM
Just post this asshole's address!

Jason Burchfield
12-30-2002, 01:04 PM
I don't know what you guys expect from him...and I don't think he knows either. You need to tell him what to do to make it up...if anything CAN be done. Tell him what you want done and he will either do it or he won't...then either report him or don't.

I know you guys are mad and understandably so but there is no reason to drag it all out and certainly no reason to be making physical threats. Going to somebodies house and beating the shit out of them or blowing their head off over a few DVDs seems a bit much...and more than a little illegal.

dvdfan
12-30-2002, 07:14 PM
You are a CROOK Toby Duffany.

EDITED by myself

Here's the address that this guy is using. It's also in the phone book, which means it's a public address so no laws are being broken by posting this. Please do not remove it. This prick finally replied to my e-mail and admitted to trying to rip me off.

I'm going to go through with the mail fraud charges and I've contacted the other members to do the same. I've got this kids phone number so perhaps a call to the parents would get something done.

There are currently 2 other members of this forum that had trades going with this guy as well. I've sent them the phone number along with the phone numbers of the Pawtucket police and their post office.

From the above posts it shouldn't be to hard to figure this guys address out. His name is Toby Duffany and he lives in Pawtucket. I believe that is in Rhode Island.

Yngwie
12-31-2002, 08:55 AM
Toby Duffany
122 clay st
pawtucket,r.i. 02860

Mike P
12-31-2002, 12:05 PM
Everybody that has been screwed over by this guy, please report it to the USPS. They said that unless there are a bunch of complaints, that theres not much they can do as far as an investigation.

psycho path
12-31-2002, 09:58 PM
Hy,this is my first post in this forum,Im from a message board on joblo.com/arrow,and have traded a movie for DeathLovers GHOSTHOUSE. He seems like a nice guy,but if this scamming stuff is true,ill be pretty pissed! If it doesnt come,I do have his address just in case. But I trust him,he seems to know everything I asked him about the flick and all,so Ill just wait and see.

what are dvds
12-31-2002, 10:20 PM
does anyone live near this guy?

Michael Elliott
12-31-2002, 11:03 PM
You have to have several people to file a report for the United States Postal Service to get involved UNLESS you mailed that package with Delivery Confirmation or had insurance on it. If you've got either of these then the USPS will follow up on the charges.

His local police will certainly file charges if something was stolen. You've got his name and the address he used so call the police and give them the information. I'm going to take a wild guess that this is a kid we're dealing with. He told me he was an adult and a lawyer but this seems highly doubtful.

I know of 4 people that are currently involved with the police over this guy. His time is coming if people don't receive the packages soon. If you don't get them in another week then press charges.

Jared M
01-01-2003, 10:14 AM
I know of 4 people that are currently involved with the police over this guy. His time is coming if people don't receive the packages soon. If you don't get them in another week then press charges.

haha, i'd so hate to be this guy right now, of course i'd never put myself in this situation to begin with.

psycho path
01-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Im emailing this guy but hes not responding. I dont know if he even sent Ghosthouse yet! Of course,I only emailed him yesterday. lol.

Yngwie
01-02-2003, 12:33 AM
He's probably too busy watching OUR free films.

what are dvds
01-02-2003, 12:36 AM
so i take it NO ONE has gotten ANYTHING back from this asshole?

psycho path
01-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Is this guy like asking to get filed or what? Sinse I live in Canada in a small town,it might take a few weeks for my package to get in,so Im just waiting to see. Everything I asked him about the movie seemed accurate(I asked him about the video quality,and he said a few lines waving across the screen in the begining and all,and gave me a small review,which sounded like what I read about the movie),but Im gonna wait and see.

Mike P
01-02-2003, 02:35 PM
Whoever sent this guy stuff... You are screwed! I send 15 videos and a vcr and through everything, he wants to send me dubs. S.O.B. prob. using my vcr to do it. I had delivery confermation, but the chick at the p.o said unless he reaches his limit in his area for fraud complaints, all they can do is send a letter saying "we're are on to you, but you can slide for now."
BULLSHIT!

psycho path
01-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Okay,after sending him several messages asking if he sent his film,I have not gotten one reply. Did he change his email or something,or is he just deleting every message I sent? Damn,I sent him f***ing Alice sweet alice unedited,and if I dont get one reply or my package,im gonna be VERY pissed,and will not stop at any cost to get it back,or the GHOSTHOUSE he owes me.

Mike P
01-03-2003, 09:38 AM
Do you think if we reported his ass to AOL, that they would cut off his service?

Paul Freitag
01-03-2003, 11:54 AM
You know, I checked into this thread expecting to find some info on a DVD release of the obscure serial killer pic APOLOGY.

Yeesh. I'm glad I didn't know this guy had GHOSTHOUSE or I would've been suckered in too.

psycho path
01-03-2003, 02:07 PM
Well,he emailed me back,and he seems sorry for what hes done. I think I will get Ghosthouse.

Mike P
01-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Don't be a fool. When he ripped me off $300 worth of stuff, he said he was sorry,and i never heard from him again.

psycho path
01-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Either way,its already been sent a few days ago...How long does it usually take to get to Canada? I delivered mine on Tuesday.

what are dvds
01-04-2003, 12:49 AM
OH MY GOD.....you people need to STOP sending this asshole YOUR stuff

DON'T YOU GET THE CLUE THAT HE'S A RIP OFF?!?!? he HAS and WILL continue to rip YOU off

ANYONE can rip someone off and say "OH I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY...." and then kick you in the ass and walk away!!!

Don't be stupid, this guy is a fraud!!!!!! I've talked to him several times!! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE DVDS HE PROMISED!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES MUST WE MAKE THIS CLEAR?!?!

please, for your sake.....do NOT trade with this CRIMINAL...he will get what he deserves soon

Michael Elliott
01-04-2003, 01:32 AM
WHAT ARE DVDS is right. Again, HE NEVER HAD THE DVDS HE LISTED FOR TRADE. You people aren't going to get a thing from him. I talked to him on IM and he said that he had ripped off over 50 people within the last few months.

what are dvds
01-04-2003, 01:40 AM
Jesus! This guy just wants to get as much as he can! He wants to lead you all on a wild goose chase, keeping your hopes up high. My advice: expect the worst and do what you can so that you don't take a loss.

Geez, if he's getting away with it and no one's doing anything about it....who wants to trade for my 200 copies of SALO!!? I don't really feel like I can do much because I haven't sent this guy jack squat. So I can't really say that I got ripped off.....but I know MANY have!! So if there's something that I can do to help, please let me know.....

I hope posting here at least helps some people....

DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS GUY

He is not sorry for ripping you off....He is sorry he got caught ripping you off!!!

Yngwie
01-04-2003, 02:28 AM
Ever since i refused the DUBS and said i wanted my 5 pre-records back. I havent heard Squat from him.

So fuck him and fuck his mom with a broomstick handle .
There, it feels better now.

psycho path
01-05-2003, 07:22 PM
WHAT ARE DVDS is right. Again, HE NEVER HAD THE DVDS HE LISTED FOR TRADE. You people aren't going to get a thing from him. I talked to him on IM and he said that he had ripped off over 50 people within the last few months.

Did he mention not having VHS? He said my movie would be here by Thursday so Im gonna see. Ill wait till next Tuesday though...

Yngwie
01-07-2003, 07:37 AM
A Fairyland Forgotten.

Steve Genier
01-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Toby Duffany
122 Clay St.
Pawtucket,r.i. 02860

Just to let you all know, it looks let he has ripped me off as well. But, I have a back-up plan in effect. My cousin who also lives in Pawtucket has been in contact with the local authorities which includes the police and the US postal service in the area. The forms are filled and I'm giving Mr. Duffany till the end of this week to contact me zombi69_2@hotmail.com about the status of our deal or they WILL be filed and acted upon!!

sadistikmuzik
01-08-2003, 05:49 PM
thanks steve:) be sure to let them know about the rest of us that got ripped off too:)

Steve Genier
01-18-2003, 07:19 AM
Well...since there was no response from this goof and believe me I've given him more then enough time to update me on the status of my DVD....I have had my cousin file 2 documents (1) with the local police (2) with US POSTAL SERVICES. Action will be taken so for TOBY DUFFANY'S sake come forward now before it's way too late!!

themystro
01-31-2003, 04:25 PM
Steve,

Interested in what the status is on this. Did the crook ever come forward?

Belcebu
03-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Dude I wish I would have been here before sending this mofo like $100.00 worth of DVD's and oop VHS's This happened like two months ago, and I sent my stuff with UPS. I am in a hunt for this little fucker. If anyone knows what I can do to report this guy please let me know.
DeathLover if you read this, I just want to let you know that what you are doing is what makes us traders/collectors skeptical about trading with unknown people. You fucking suck dude and I am not gonna rest until you go down like the little BITCH that you are.

Steve Genier
03-04-2003, 04:37 AM
Well, if you would have read this whole thread you'd see all that information and more!

Belcebu
03-04-2003, 11:53 AM
well... I did read it, but nobody said anything about what I can do since I sent it UPS. Do you know?