PDA

View Full Version : Fall Is Coming Baby!!!

Bill Pissott
09-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Big, white, puffy clouds. Deep blue sky. A chilly wind blowing. Going down to 52 tonight! Yep, Fall is coming and I love it! Oh, and I'm watching my first hockey game of the year tonight. Best time of the year :)

Matt A
09-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Fall is a good time to drink stout beers and tea. It's also a good time to watch movies with your sweetie.

Ian Jane
09-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Matthew speaks the truth. I love fall too. Sure it rains non-stop around here but I like the rain so it doesn't bother me in the least. Some people find it depressing but I find it kind of cleansing and it smells cool.

Chad Haden
09-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Fall is quite possibly my favorite season

Bill Pissott
09-20-2006, 07:52 PM
I know it sounds wimpy but it really is a breath of fresh air. You step outside, take a deep breath and let out a hearty ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Love it!

Chad Haden
09-20-2006, 07:56 PM
I know it sounds wimpy but it really is a breath of fresh air. You step outside, take a deep breath and let out a hearty ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Love it!

If that sounds wimpy, then I guess I'm one wimpy son of a bitch :D

Jesper Maintz
09-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Fall to me means "Game over - here comes another piece-of-shit winter and theres nothing you can do about it".

Do I need to add, than I have been single for years? :D

Todd J
09-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah fall is nice, but it really is a kick in the nuts. Summer is gone, and guess what? Shit winter is coming.

I'd like to end this with "so fuck fall", but I really wont feel that way until late October.

Damian P
09-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Ah, how I miss the East Coast during the Fall season. Fall in Austin is miles ahead of the miserably hot Summer season but it aint no East Coast.

I want some pecan pie and coffee.

Damian P
09-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Do I need to add, than I have been single for years? :D

Sounds like you need a snuggle bunny.

Fred Adelman
09-21-2006, 01:52 AM
Fall is great sleeping weather, but is a sad reminder that Winter is not too far off. I hate Jersey Winters!

I gotta move! :D

Nick McBride
09-21-2006, 04:31 AM
It ain't "fall" -- we say autumn -- down under, and a good thing too. Cherry blossoms and other nice flowers are out and I have just dusted off the barbeque after its winter in the garage. You guys tell yourself how much you enjoy fall and I'm gonna look forward to spring then summer.

Bill Pissott
09-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Fall is great sleeping weather, but is a sad reminder that Winter is not too far off. I hate Jersey Winters!

I gotta move! :D

Yeah, but you never know what you are going to get with a Jersey winter. One year it's mild and you don't mind it, the next year it's blistering cold and snow and your cursing it everyday. As much as I hate Jersey and can't wait to get out, at least the unpredictability of it keeps it interesting :)

Mike Brown
09-21-2006, 09:39 AM
I love it. It's beautiful down here. My favorite time of year by far.

mark t
09-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Fall to me is that time that drags out forever because it's in between summer and snowboarding. it is nice to get a break from the humidity though, and if there were more trees in my neighbourhood, it would probably look really nice. Instead, i've noticed that Fall is bringing out the meth-heads and dealers in droves. I don't know why that is.

Scott Ruhl
09-21-2006, 10:17 AM
While I enjoy the change of seasons I already miss summer, it's so fleeting. I like the begining of fall but in a couple weeks it's be more like winter in Chicago, we don't get much of a Springtime or Fall around here. It was 39°F overnight godammit. I should have been born closer to the equator.

Bill Pissott
09-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Instead, i've noticed that Fall is bringing out the meth-heads and dealers in droves. I don't know why that is.

I'm glad I don't live in your neighborhood.

Martin_T
09-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Since I had to scrape the frost from my car windows yesterday morning, I have to say that Fall is not coming, it has already arrived.

Luckily I love both Fall and Spring (not really a big fan of hot humid summers and LONG winters).

Here's hoping for a nice long Fall for a change. :D

Lewis G.
09-21-2006, 10:58 AM
It can get pretty shitty up here during the fall but there is a good side to it, like: Wich game did you watch Bill? Who won?
These kind of questions are like sweet music to my ears...

Bill Pissott
09-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Wich game did you watch Bill? Who won?

Rangers-Devils. Rangers 2-0 :)

mark t
09-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm glad I don't live in your neighborhood.

It's really strange. It seems like every neighborhood i've lived in has had one or two drug folk (usually I was one of them), but this place has been fine for 2 and a half years. All of a sudden, they're everywhere!

Fred Adelman
09-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeah, but you never know what you are going to get with a Jersey winter. One year it's mild and you don't mind it, the next year it's blistering cold and snow and your cursing it everyday. As much as I hate Jersey and can't wait to get out, at least the unpredictability of it keeps it interesting :)

That's what bothers me. We'll have a couple of years of mild Winters and then, WHAM!, the next Winter it will snow every other day. I remember about 3 years ago when it snowed every Wednesday morning during Winter. It never snowed on a Sunday night (so we could take work off on Monday), but every fucking Wednesday morning!

I used to love Jersey but now it has become something that I don't even recognize. Anyone who lives in this state knows what I am talking about.

Jeremy Wallace
09-21-2006, 01:16 PM
I love Fall! I have a huge patio and we (my family) like to sit out around the fire pit at night and listen to music.

Wayne Schmidt
09-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Fall's my favorite too. I love the color changes. I love Halloween. I love the snap in the air. It's "cozy". Time to open the fireplace flue and break out the logs. I really don't mind winter either, but it's become so linked with stressful hassles of the holidays. I always hated summer, but that's Los Angeles / San Fernando Valley / surface of Venus summers . . . . Portland is a different proposition. :)

Fred Adelman
09-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Fall's my favorite too. I love the color changes. I love Halloween. I love the snap in the air. It's "cozy". Time to open the fireplace flue and break out the logs. I really don't mind winter either, but it's become so linked with stressful hassles of the holidays. I always hated summer, but that's Los Angeles / San Fernando Valley / surface of Venus summers . . . . Portland is a different proposition. :)

Halloween is nothing but a joke anymore. It's nothing like when I was a kid. Every year, I get less kids coming to my door. Last year I only had two kids! Parents just don't trust anyone with their children anymore. When I was young, we spent hours going to all the houses in our town. Unsupervised. Now, you are lucky to see any children walking the streets after dark. It's a new day and age. I love to dress up and scare the kids at the door. I can't do it nowadays because I'm afraid the parents may sue me for frightening their kids. Don't laugh. It has happened. Kids today don't know what they are missing.

Jersey sucks.

Mike Brown
09-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Halloween is nothing but a joke anymore. It's nothing like when I was a kid. Every year, I get less kids coming to my door. Last year I only had two kids! Parents just don't trust anyone with their children anymore. When I was young, we spent hours going to all the houses in our town. Unsupervised. Now, you are lucky to see any children walking the streets after dark. It's a new day and age. I love to dress up and scare the kids at the door. I can't do it nowadays because I'm afraid the parents may sue me for frightening their kids. Don't laugh. It has happened. Kids today don't know what they are missing.

Jersey sucks.

It's the same here in NC Fred. It's a cryin' shame.

Bill Pissott
09-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Halloween isn't that way in my city. It's a definite throwback and still a good time and a good "feel" day. All the houses are decorated, some of them exceptionally well done, and there are tons of kids trick or treating. It's been years since we have had enough candy. We buy a lot but so many kids come, we run out and they keep ringing until like 7 or 8 at night. Halloween is definitely fun here.

Todd J
09-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Jersey sucks.

Move to Maine. Then you can yell at the outa-state-ahs that come up here and spend their money.

Earl Roesel
09-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Halloween isn't that way in my city. It's a definite throwback and still a good time and a good "feel" day. All the houses are decorated, some of them exceptionally well done, and there are tons of kids trick or treating. It's been years since we have had enough candy. We buy a lot but so many kids come, we run out and they keep ringing until like 7 or 8 at night. Halloween is definitely fun here.

We get a fair number of trick-or-treaters here in Newport. The parents are usually right behind their kids though (at least they get into the spirit by dressing up).

That wasn't the case, say, 18 years ago when I was their age. The youngsters would go around in small groups (and nobody ever checked my loot of candy for razor blades either!)

It's still a magical time of year.

William R.
09-21-2006, 07:37 PM
I don't miss winter at all, but I do miss the Jersey autumn. My favorite time of year. It usually stays that cold here year round, but the leaves don't change on palm trees and the air is different, thanks to the ocean. :(

We used to have to leave our neighborhood to trick or treat. For some reason we figured rich white neighborhoods had better candy which was never really the case, but we did always hear stories of the fucking house in Mount Pleasant that gave out king size candy bars.

Oddly enough I learned that the stores had better stuff to give you. There was a deli in the Ironbound that gave you little sammiches. :D

Bill Pissott
09-21-2006, 08:05 PM
There was a deli in the Ironbound that gave you little sammiches. :D

Awesome!

Chris S
09-21-2006, 10:57 PM
LOVE Fall! Flat out love it (or do you say Autumn where you're from? An additional thread maybe?)!

My pale blue Scottish ass doesn't dig the summer, cuz I'm too likely to burst into flame! SO my Top 4 seasons "in order":

1) Fall
2) Spring
3) Winter
4) Summer (only because of the heat and blazing Sun, mild days I'm fine wit it!)

Bill Pissott
09-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Fall (my favorite)
Winter
Spring
Summer (hate it)

Wayne Schmidt
09-22-2006, 01:35 AM
Fall (my favorite)
Winter
Spring
Summer (hate it)
Right there with you, Bill. People always give you a funny look when you say you don't like summer, like it's un-American or something. Well, like I said earlier summers in the NW are reasonably nice but you stil get the week or two of 90-100 heat. This big bear don't do heat too well.

Bill Pissott
09-22-2006, 07:57 AM
I can't deal with the heat these days Wayne. As a kid, it didn't bother me at all. Now, it makes me extremely uncomfortable. I'm one of those people who find it easier to warm up then to cool down :)

Kenton Sem
09-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Perfect day = 57 degrees. Cloudy. Slight breeze stirring up dead leaves, which seem to whisper as they spin away along the ground. Halloween country.

Tell me where it is like that year-round and I'll see about moving there.

Bill Pissott
09-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Beautiful fall day today. The rain pushed out last night and left us with a cloudy kinda day. Lot of puffy clouds, tinged with grey, with peeks of aqua and deep blue skies. Very windy out, leaves blowing all over. Only supposed to be in the low 60's today and down to 45 tonight. You can feel hockey in the air! :)

Bill Pissott
09-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Beautiful fall day today. The rain pushed out last night and left us with a cloudy kinda day. Lot of puffy clouds, tinged with grey, with peeks of aqua and deep blue skies. Very windy out, leaves blowing all over. Only supposed to be in the low 60's today and down to 45 tonight. You can feel hockey in the air! :)