PDA

View Full Version : Drink Match: Lemmy vs. MacGowan

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Who is the biggest drunk?

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Gets my vote!

http://pogues.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=396&g2_serialNumber=2

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 09:30 PM
I hate you for this poll :(

I voted with my heart and my heritage loyalty

Don Guarisco
09-18-2006, 09:31 PM
MacGowan is the choice. Lemmy is metal's answer to Dean Martin, a showbiz drunk who's always more on the ball than the people around him think. MacGowan, however, is shittered on a level equivalent to Keith Richards (I'm talking mid-1970's Keith Richards).

Horace Cordier
09-18-2006, 09:47 PM
MacGowan.

Lemmy drinks, but he has a nice mix of various substances going most of the time, and therefore does not have the time to really FOCUS on getting viciously sauced.

And Don is correct: Lemmy always has his wits about him.

mark t
09-18-2006, 09:50 PM
macgowan. End of fucking story.

Chuk H
09-18-2006, 10:20 PM
You have to be fuckn kidding.....

Zane C.
09-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Tough call. Both have the fortitude of a tank, and can pack away insane amounts of alcohol. I'm gonna have to say MacGowan, though. Lemmy is still coherent, as opposed to MacGowan, who is totally incoherent most of the time. I would say MacGowan is one of the few people that could honestly claim, if he chose, that he could drink Lemmy under the table. I'm guessing there's not many people who could say that! :eek:

Zane C.
09-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Gets my vote!

http://pogues.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=396&g2_serialNumber=2

Really, this picture says it all. It's sad that MacGowan's gotten this bad, though. He was/is a really talented guy, but he's completely ruined it with booze. :(

Randy Thomas G
09-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Lemmy is a bigger speed freak than he is a drunk, from what I've heard.

Tom K
09-19-2006, 02:39 AM
I'll take 'em both on and win...

paul h.
09-19-2006, 11:46 AM
shane by a long shot. the man is riding a gin bottle into another dimension.

Todd J
09-19-2006, 12:47 PM
I am ashamed to admit I do not know who McGowan is.

Jeremy Wallace
09-19-2006, 01:23 PM
I am ashamed to admit I do not know who McGowan is.

pogues.com

Todd J
09-19-2006, 03:18 PM
oh. thanks for the site. I will go back into the shadows, as I dont have an opinion.

Ian Jane
09-19-2006, 03:30 PM
The choice is obvious, it's Shane. It'll be interesting to see what kind of shape he's in next month. Last time I saw him he couldn't even light his own cigarettes, had trouble standing up, and was about two lines behind the rest of the band for every song. He still had that certain thing about him though and it somehow managed to be a good show. Apparantly he's been doing a little better the last year, for a while he was drinking and shooting heroin and I think he's off the heroin now. He's still in rough shape though. It's amazing that he isn't dead. When the guy is on, however, he is on. Still one of the finest song writers of the last twenty five years.

http://www.darthmahler.com/images/post_images/shane_218x338.jpg

Jeremy Wallace
09-19-2006, 03:33 PM
The choice is obvious, it's Shane. It'll be interesting to see what kind of shape he's in next month. Last time I saw him he couldn't even light his own cigarettes, had trouble standing up, and was about two lines behind the rest of the band for every song. He still had that certain thing about him though and it somehow managed to be a good show. Apparantly he's been doing a little better the last year, for a while he was drinking and shooting heroin and I think he's off the heroin now. He's still in rough shape though. It's amazing that he isn't dead. When the guy is on, however, he is on. Still one of the finest song writers of the last twenty five years.

http://www.darthmahler.com/images/post_images/shane_218x338.jpg

Hello new avatar!!!!

I am saddened by the shape Shane is in. I wish he could get things somewhat together.

Ian Jane
09-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Hello new avatar!!!!

I am saddened by the shape Shane is in. I wish he could get things somewhat together.

That isn't going to happen. He's living the life he wants to live and he doesn't give a damn if it kills him or not.

paul h.
09-19-2006, 04:36 PM
That isn't going to happen. He's living the life he wants to live and he doesn't give a damn if it kills him or not.

indeeed.

He's some kind of savant.