PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Married Men - Explain to me what I did wrong here.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Wife calls me at work, asks me if I'm coming home on time.

"Yes." I say. "Do you want to have that salmon that's in the fridge?"

She says, "Umm. Do you think it's still good?"

"It's dated for the 22nd. It shoud be fine."

"But what about e-coli? You know about the e-coli?"

"No. What about it?"

"It's in spinach salads and...." voice gets softer and trails off.

I say, "Okay. Umm...we can have some sloppy Joes instead if you want."

................pause..................

Finally she says, "I just..." and then *click*

I'm sure I'll get an ear full when I get home, but for what?

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 07:12 PM
So she hung up on you?

Matt A
09-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes. I tried to say goodbye and she hung up.

Jonny Redman
09-18-2006, 07:24 PM
When a woman ask's if something is past it's sell by date you should always say "Put it in the bin my love... You were right to question whether it was edible or not and I agree with you that it isn't, throw it away, we'll buy some fresh fish/cheese/ham when you see fit"...

Gary Banks
09-18-2006, 07:35 PM
YODIS!!!!
Yes Of Course Dear I'm Sorry.

William R.
09-18-2006, 07:47 PM
This is why I'm not married. I'd enact the "WTFIYP?" as soon as I walked in the door.

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 07:49 PM
When a woman ask's if something is past it's sell by date you should always say "Put it in the bin my love... You were right to question whether it was edible or not and I agree with you that it isn't, throw it away, we'll buy some fresh fish/cheese/ham when you see fit"...

This is a good point. As a dumb male, I don't pay attention to expiration dates whereas my wife will toss stuff the day before it expires.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm just the opposite which is why I knew the expiration date off of the top of my head. I don't get where the spinach/e-coli business comes in though. I was talking about eating salmon.

After pondering it for the last half hour I think my problem arose when she was talking and I couldn't hear what she was saying. She must have asked me a question that I just seemingly blew off when I said we could have sloppy Joes. Maybe. I don't fucking know.

Fuck.

mark t
09-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Dude. The fucking 22nd is four days away. You don't need to cave to that shit. Why don't you just go grocery shopping, and then pitch all of your shit in the garbage as soon as you get home, and go for pitas? Waste of food.

P.S. I'm separated.

William R.
09-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Dude. The fucking 22nd is four days away. You don't need to cave to that shit. Why don't you just go grocery shopping, and then pitch all of your shit in the garbage as soon as you get home, and go for pitas? Waste of food.

P.S. I'm separated.

Ha. We're like kindred spirits. :p

Fred Adelman
09-18-2006, 08:50 PM
When it comes to food and clothing, the male should always say: "Dear, you're the expert and know more about it than I do. Whatever you decide is fine by me."

I made the mistake about asking my wife about the expiration date on milk. It has two expiration dates: One for New York and one for New Jersey. The New York date ends 4 days earlier than the Jersey one. I asked her if the milk was any good because the date matched the New York one. She didn't talk to me for 2 days. I learned my lesson. Drink the damned milk if it's in the fridge!

David Huber
09-18-2006, 08:50 PM
THere's nothing there that you did wrong, so I'd say it's one of two things-
1) You missed a sentence that she said, she thought you blew her off, etc.
or
2) The monthly visitor has arrived. Never underestimate the results of the monthly visitor.

Mike Brown
09-19-2006, 09:16 AM
My wife will pull stuff out of the damn trash if I put it there and it's not months past the exp. date. Well, not "perishables", but boxed or canned stuff. I'm serious.

I'm thinking David's right though. Monthly visitor.

Scott Ruhl
09-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Don't worry about what you did wrong, just try and set everything straight. Girls be trippin'.

Scott Ruhl
09-19-2006, 09:40 AM
When it comes to food and clothing, the male should always say: "Dear, you're the expert and know more about it than I do. Whatever you decide is fine by me."

I got a buddy who's girl picks out his clothes and lays them out for him every morning, like he can't dress himself, like he's some kinda' invalid. I was giving him a real hard time about it because he always makes fun of my steez. The thing is, I got style and he equates style with being "faggy." How you dress is an important part of being an individual.

Food too is as much an individual thing. Me and my fiance have mostly similar taste in foods but we still wouldn't expect each other to eat everything the other does. Sometimes you just have a taste for different things.

Fred Adelman
09-19-2006, 09:52 AM
I got a buddy who's girl picks out his clothes and lays them out for him every morning, like he can't dress himself, like he's some kinda' invalid. I was giving him a real hard time about it because he always makes fun of my steez. The thing is, I got style and he equates style with being "faggy." How you dress is an important part of being an individual.

Food too is as much an individual thing. Me and my fiance have mostly similar taste in foods but we still wouldn't expect each other to eat everything the other does. Sometimes you just have a taste for different things.

When you get married, things change. It's not bad, just different.

My wife doesn't pick out clothes or food for me. It's only when she asks me a question about either one that I give that reply. A man that lets his wife lay out clothing for him is not a man at all.

As for that time of the month: I dare you to say it in front of her face. :eek:

Scott Ruhl
09-19-2006, 10:08 AM
A man that lets his wife lay out clothing for him is not a man at all.

I agree.

And what's up with all these Frontman Battle Threads? :D

Fred Adelman
09-19-2006, 10:19 AM
I agree.

And what's up with all these Frontman Battle Threads? :D

Wise ass! :D

Scott Ruhl
09-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Wise ass! :D

Naw man, I was being serious though.

Matt A
09-19-2006, 10:33 AM
I say, "Okay. Umm...we can have some sloppy Joes instead if you want."

Okay, fellas. This was the offending remark. Apparently I sounded "mean" when I said this. Maybe I did. I don't think I did but she says I did so I apologized and bought her dinner. Everything's back to normal. :rolleyes:

David Huber
09-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Okay, fellas. This was the offending remark. Apparently I sounded "mean" when I said this. Maybe I did. I don't think I did but she says I did so apologized and bought her dinner. Everything's back to normal. :rolleyes:

Happy wife = Happy life :)

Mike Brown
09-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Happy wife = Happy life :)

The Magic Key.

mark t
09-19-2006, 11:10 AM
what the fuck is the matter with Sloppy Joe's?

Matt A
09-19-2006, 11:12 AM
what the fuck is the matter with Sloppy Joe's?

I know. They're great. We ended up getting Mexican so it all worked out. Maybe we'll have Joes tonight. With tater tots.

mark t
09-19-2006, 11:20 AM
I know. They're great. We ended up getting Mexican so it all worked out. Maybe we'll have Joes tonight. With tater tots.

That is a meal fit for a king. :)

Bill Pissott
09-19-2006, 11:39 AM
As for that time of the month: I dare you to say it in front of her face. :eek:

You ain't kidding! That's a mine field you completely go around and avoid.

Noland B.
09-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Blame the phone company for cutting out on your conversation - always easier to have a corporate scapegoat; apologize for them which, in reality, isn't an apology BUT she gets to hear one which is really all she wants.

Fred Adelman
09-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Okay, fellas. This was the offending remark. Apparently I sounded "mean" when I said this. Maybe I did. I don't think I did but she says I did so I apologized and bought her dinner. Everything's back to normal. :rolleyes:

More fights start over the phone than in any other situation. I try like hell not to talk to my wife on the phone. It can't show your facial expressions and body language. I'd rather talk to her in person so there will be no misunderstandings. The only time I talk to her on the phone is when I'm coming home late. But that's another arguement all in itself. :D

If It seems that I'm making marriage seem difficult, I'm not. I wouldn't want to live any other way.

Mike Brown
09-19-2006, 12:20 PM
More fights start over the phone than in any other situation. I try like hell not to talk to my wife on the phone. It can't show your facial expressions and body language. I'd rather talk to her in person so there will be no misunderstandings. The only time I talk to her on the phone is when I'm coming home late. But that's another arguement all in itself. :D

If It seems that I'm making marriage seem difficult, I'm not. I wouldn't want to live any other way.

We can never think of much to say on the phone! In person, it's much different, but phone conversations can get uncomfortable fairly quickly.

Todd J
09-19-2006, 12:45 PM
I bought spiniach o a bag that very day and when I brought it home she was all over my shit about it. How could I not to know? Dont I watch the news? You can't win. Just hope the sex is worth the aggravation.

Todd J
09-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Oh to answer you question "What did I do wrong here?", you said "I do."

Mike Brown
09-19-2006, 01:49 PM
I bought spiniach o a bag that very day and when I brought it home she was all over my shit about it. How could I not to know? Dont I watch the news? You can't win. Just hope the sex is worth the aggravation.

My wife refused to throw out the half empty bag we had. She didn't force me to eat it, but she cooked it and ate it herself. She refused to bow to the media's "scare tactics". She didn't get sick BTW.

Isaac K.
09-19-2006, 01:50 PM
What does spinach have to do with salmon? E. Coli is not a problem as long as you cook the food all the way through, which is what you're supposed to do with fish anyways.

Matt A
09-19-2006, 01:52 PM
What does spinach have to do with salmon? E. Coli is not a problem as long as you cook the food all the way through, which is what you're supposed to do with fish anyways.

Exactly.

Damian P
09-19-2006, 03:17 PM

At that point I would have just stuffed my face with spinach.

Christoffer S
09-19-2006, 04:08 PM
NEVER EVER SUGGEST ANYTHING! Just let her decide, or make her blieve she gets to decide, and your relationship will last forever.

paul h.
09-19-2006, 04:27 PM
The problem here is that Spinach, Salmon, and Sloppy all start with the letter S.

Best to avoid it for the rest of the month, if possible.

er...I mean:

Bet avoid it for the ret of the month if poible

Mike Howlett
09-19-2006, 04:41 PM
I do all of the menu planning, shopping and cooking.

It's just easier that way.

Howard Farmer
09-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Good to hear there's peace in the valley. The only thing you did wrong that day was to wake up in the morning. There's no answer. From experience I know that if you simply wake up and go about your day and be your normal self that there will be something that will piss off your wife. Wife logic is generally based on a different premise than husband logic. :)

Lewis G.
09-19-2006, 07:38 PM
I do all of the menu planning, shopping and cooking.

It's just easier that way.

And you are only a turtle.

Damn, I wasted my life.

Mike Howlett
09-20-2006, 11:51 AM
I've thought of changing my avatar, but then no one would know who I am!!!

Darren Nemeth
09-20-2006, 09:24 PM
If it is meat and bought within 4 days of the exprey it is no good.

Expecgt extremem gas problems if you est meat that is 4 days from expirey.

(not that I would, {burp} know)

Chad Haden
09-20-2006, 09:53 PM
What the fuck are experation dates? I eat and drink shit till it smells funny and then I just hold my nose and continue

I avoid relationships, I prefer just having sex with random girls