PDA

View Full Version : Metal showdown! Cynic VS. Atheist (With poll this time)

Bård Haugland
09-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Two highly technical and inovative (sp?) bands, and I love both of them. But which one is the better? It might be kind of hard to wote for Cynic, since they've only put out one album, but vote anyways.

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Cynic...cuz that is me.

William R.
09-18-2006, 06:17 PM
I went with Atheist. I haven't really had the urge to hear Cynic in years, but they were never in my playlist much.

If it were Pestilence vs. Atheist it might be a bit harder to choose.

Bård Haugland
09-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I considered letting Pestilence in there too, but found out that it would have to be Cynic vs. Atheist for now.

I've really got problems with choosing between them. Atheist have got Unquestionable Presence and Elements, while Cynic's got Focus. All three Atheist-albums are on my top 10-list, but so are Focus. I think I'll go with Atheist, since they delivered the best show I've ever been to.

Tom K
09-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Atheist...but when they were a demo band and called RAVAGE...

Bård Haugland
09-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Tom, you don't like Piece of Time either? I think the real technicality started showing at UP, even though PoT definetly was more technical than the other death metal-bands at the time.

Tom K
09-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Don't get me wrong...I liked Atheist just fine...especially Piece of Time...Luckily, I was able to see them on tour with original bassist Roger Patterson...

UP I liked as well...

Never did hear Elements though...