Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Vote!!!!

John G.
09-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Geddy Lee!

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 05:33 PM
What about the voice of Geddy Lee? How did it get so high? I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy? I know him, and he does And you're my fact checking cuz

Mike Brown
09-18-2006, 05:38 PM
You know, as cool as Mike Reno is/was/and will ever be, I gotta go with Geddy.

William R.
09-18-2006, 05:44 PM
In all seriousness. Reno. He was in Moxy and they're better than Rush.

Also, is Geddy Lee singing on the TOP GUN soundtrack? I think not.

Tom K
09-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Geddy Lee...

I think it is Reno's red leather pants that I have a problem with... :D

William R.
09-18-2006, 07:31 PM
I just look at it like this. Geddy Lee goes through the motions, he wakes up, he noodles on the bass, he yelps over meddling music, the crowd cheers, best bass player in the world, he goes home, slips into a nightgown, goes to sleep, and wakes up Geddy Lee.

Mike Reno may sometimes wake up in the morning wishing he were dead, but he's got the Heaven's above to thank that he didn't wake up as Geddy Lee. And for that, everyone's a winner and he knows it.

Zane C.
09-18-2006, 08:04 PM
I just look at it like this. Geddy Lee goes through the motions, he wakes up, he noodles on the bass, he yelps over meddling music, the crowd cheers, best bass player in the world, he goes home, slips into a nightgown, goes to sleep, and wakes up Geddy Lee.

Mike Reno may sometimes wake up in the morning wishing he were dead, but he's got the Heaven's above to thank that he didn't wake up as Geddy Lee. And for that, everyone's a winner and he knows it.

Will, that's poetry!

Honestly though, I would have voted for ANYONE else but Geddy Lee. In this particular case, Mike Reno gets the default vote. Anyone is better than that mincing little sycophant, Geddy Lee. The amount of disgust I have for Geddy Lee and Rush is equalled only by my dislike of their pretentious fellow Canucks, The Tragically Hip, whom I've expressed my distaste for several times on this board.

WHY OH WHY MUST WE SUFFER WITH THESE TWO BANDS? WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THEM? :eek:

Zane C.
09-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Good grief, Geddy Lee is WINNING?! Please, some more votes for Mike Reno! Geddy Lee can't win!!! :eek:

Bill Pissott
09-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Geddy Lee

William R.
09-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Geddy Lee

You'll rue the day.

Bill Pissott
09-18-2006, 08:48 PM
You'll rue the day.

Of that I'm certain.

I can't lie, I'm a big Rush guy.

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 09:09 PM
I bet that rat bastard Wallace rigged the poll

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 09:18 PM
I bet that rat bastard Wallace rigged the poll

Ya mutha fucka! Ya mutha fucka!

Yeah...I rigged the poll sheeeeee.
I rigged it so that Geddy would win shheeeeeee...
Yeah...I fixed it real good, shee

Don Guarisco
09-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Definitely Geddy Lee. That guy can sing, rock the bass and play the keyboards all at once. Plus he's a down-to-earth, unpretentious type and he sang the hook on a Bob & Doug McKenzie single. Reno was supposedly a major asshole when Loverboy was on top of the charts and, though he had the perfect voice for AOR schlock, he was more famous for running around in tight red leather pants.

Tom K
09-19-2006, 03:27 AM
Reno was supposedly a major asshole when Loverboy was on top of the charts and, though he had the perfect voice for AOR schlock, he was more famous for running around in tight red leather pants.

And he is fat now and he still tries to rock the red leather pants... :eek:

Bill Pissott
09-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Definitely Geddy Lee. That guy can sing, rock the bass and play the keyboards all at once. Plus he's a down-to-earth, unpretentious type and he sang the hook on a Bob & Doug McKenzie single. Reno was supposedly a major asshole when Loverboy was on top of the charts and, though he had the perfect voice for AOR schlock, he was more famous for running around in tight red leather pants.

Beautiful Don G. Beautiful!

Jonathan Douglas
09-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Even though Rush have all the great songs, millions of them, I went with Reno. I was a Loverboy fan long before I knew of Rush, but both voices take some getting used to. Is that why they're in this poll together, their unusual pipes...?

Tom R
09-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Mike who?

Geddy all the way.

John G.
09-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Nice to see at least one thread here where poor Geddy gets some respect. :)

Paul Apsley
09-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Geddy Lee all the way. The two are leagues apart in my opinion.

Horace Cordier
09-19-2006, 09:31 PM
In all seriousness. Reno. He was in Moxy and they're better than Rush.

One minute in MOXY wipes Geddy off the map. No RUSH song will be as good as "Train" and no RUSH album will ever beat MOXY's debut.

Game over, Donnie G.'s heartfelt pleas or not. :D

Zane C.
09-19-2006, 11:12 PM
For the love of all that's sacred, SOMEONE PLEASE VOTE AGAINST GEDDY LEE!!!! :D

Horace Cordier
09-19-2006, 11:27 PM
For the love of all that's sacred, SOMEONE PLEASE VOTE AGAINST GEDDY LEE!!!! :D

Hey man! I did!

Zane, you need to chill a bit. I'm no big RUSH fan, but I'm scared this thing is going to give you an ulcer.

Face it - Geddy is going to win, so you need to go Zen at this point.

William and I took our lumps on the Billy Joel/Elton "suckass" John battle, so you are not alone, ok? :D

Zane C.
09-20-2006, 12:55 AM
Hey man! I did!

Zane, you need to chill a bit. I'm no big RUSH fan, but I'm scared this thing is going to give you an ulcer.

Face it - Geddy is going to win, so you need to go Zen at this point.

William and I took our lumps on the Billy Joel/Elton "suckass" John battle, so you are not alone, ok? :D

Alright, Horace. I'm going to avoid that ulcer and "get Zen"! I just have a hard time thinking anyone would prefer Geddy Lee above pretty much anyone else. It's sad, man! :D

At least I know that you and Will have decent taste by voting against Geddy Lee on this one!

Mike Brown
09-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey, Geddy never "pranced" while singing Everybody's Working For The Weekend.