09-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Diamond Dave baby!!!!

Maybe one of the greatest ever!

Mike Brown
09-18-2006, 03:43 PM
It's gotta be Roth... asshole or not.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 03:45 PM
You're all insane. Paul Stanley might be the greatest frontman of all time.

Ians Jane and Miller will back me on this.

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Allison, did you vote for Starchild?

Matt A
09-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Of course. Have you ever seen KISS live? Greatest frontman. Period.

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 03:50 PM
No, wrong answer

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Of course. Have you ever seen KISS live? Greatest frontman. Period.

I saw KISS in 1979. I voted for DLR.

William R.
09-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Paul Stanley might be the greatest frontman of all time.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/4622/bowserlaughth2.gif

Stop it. You're making Bowser laugh uncontrollably.

Paul Apsley
09-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Diamond Dave all the way. All the albums he did with Van Halen are awesome. I can't quite say that about Paul Stanley, although I love most of their early stuff.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 04:03 PM
I saw KISS in 1979. I voted for DLR.

You are dumb.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 04:05 PM
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/4622/bowserlaughth2.gif

Stop it. You're making Bowser laugh uncontrollably.

You are dumb.

Magnus Wersen
09-18-2006, 04:05 PM
None.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Diamond Dave all the way. All the albums he did with Van Halen are awesome. I can't quite say that about Paul Stanley, although I love most of their early stuff.

You are dumb.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 04:06 PM

You are dumb.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 04:08 PM
It's gotta be Roth... asshole or not.

David Lee Roth doesn't have an asshole? How does he...you know what?

Matt A
09-18-2006, 04:09 PM

You are dumb.

William R.
09-18-2006, 04:10 PM

He mentally projects it to come out of Paul Stanley's mouth...

Ian Jane

I will at least. If Dave had quit about ten years ago it might be a different story, but he didn't.

Plus Paul Stanley lives to win.

Matt A
I will at least. If Dave had quit about ten years ago it might be a different story, but he didn't.

Fuck YES!!!! Take that, mud-fuckers!!!

William R.
09-18-2006, 04:13 PM

So, in other words you're saying that Paul Stanly wins because he always sucked and stayed pretty consistant with the sucking over the years and Diamond Dave loses because he once ruled the school, but is now the janitor?

I can take that.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 04:17 PM
I'd like to take this time to mark the passing of one of the most inept websites in the history of the internet - HopesPaulStanleyPage.com

Hope A. Hacker was responsible for this amazing piece of artwork...

Matt A
09-18-2006, 04:20 PM

Please vote.

Jesper Maintz
09-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Dianmond Dave, no doubt.

And I saw KISS live in 1996, and even though it was a blast, theres really nothing that can beat Roth in the Van Halen days... Ah, fuck it count me in as a fan of his first two solo albums as well...

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 04:22 PM
So, in other words you're saying that Paul Stanly wins because he always sucked and stayed pretty consistant with the sucking over the years and Diamond Dave loses because he once ruled the school, but is now the janitor?

I can take that.

That's what I got out of it as well, Paul Stanley only knows how to suck but Diamond Dave used to be the shizzle.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 04:25 PM
DEAL WITH THIS!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jFllo3i3HFs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jFllo3i3HFs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 04:29 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKTc9VaNIiI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKTc9VaNIiI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

William R.
09-18-2006, 04:33 PM
"Yes, I don't discriminate. I've slept with black women and Chinese women. In fact, I've slept with a black Chinese woman." -DLR

Winner.

Ingolf Eskedahl
09-18-2006, 04:34 PM
DLR

He´s gonna fuck your girlfriend!

Matt A
09-18-2006, 04:44 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/matthewallison/paul76temptation.jpg

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Paul Stanley can shoot lasers out of his star-eye. David Lee Roth cannot do that.

William R.
09-18-2006, 04:49 PM
If it takes photoshop, it just ain't good enough, baby.

Mike Brown
09-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Paul Stanley can shoot lasers out of his star-eye. David Lee Roth cannot do that.

Yeah, but DLR can wear his pants nearly up to his man titties. Let's see Star Child do that.

William R.
09-18-2006, 04:52 PM

Perhaps, but he can fly above the stage with a ghetto blaster.

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Perhaps, but he can fly above the stage with a ghetto blaster.

I don't know about that but he can fly through space under his own power and take down cyborg versions of himself. And he can also wear pants up to his man titties.

William R.
09-18-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't know about that but he can fly through space under his own power and take down cyborg versions of himself.

Yea, but so could DLR if I cast him in my fucking movie.

And he can also wear pants up to his man titties.

Yea, I don't know where Mike was coming from with that argument.

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Yea, but so could DLR if I cast him in my fucking movie.

Right but you didn't so your argument holds no water. Also, Paul Stanley was the Phantom of the Opera.

http://www.kissasylum.com/photos/Paul_TonrontoInstore.jpg

Ingolf Eskedahl
09-18-2006, 05:01 PM
A coupla cocks! ;)

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Right but you didn't so your argument holds no water. Also, Paul Stanley was the Phantom of the Opera.

DLR was a paramedic!

Matt A
09-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Pew pew pew pew pew

William R.
09-18-2006, 05:05 PM

Yea, and according to that picture he's the five time. One, two, three, four, FIVE time WCW champ, but that doesn't exactly make it so. Seriously.

Starchild lives in the shadow of Simmons.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Yea, and according to that picture he's the five time. One, two, three, four, FIVE time WCW champ, but that doesn't exactly make it so.

No, no, no. That would be if he was staring at his own hand as if in a daze.

Ingolf Eskedahl
09-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Pew pew pew pew pew

Two cases of flash in the eye, and one where he is trying to remove his permanent eyeliner with lazer treatment,
He´s all girly :p

Mike Brown
09-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Yea, I don't know where Mike was coming from with that argument.

Oh come now. Don't tell me that I'm the only one to use that in my guage of coolness.

You guys must of seen the infamous VH/Roth/Beck MTV fiasco. I can't find a picture, but I remember Dave's waistline riding conspicuously high that night. Show me proof that Star Boy can do that. I defy you. :p

William R.
09-18-2006, 05:10 PM
No, no, no. That would be if he was staring at his own hand as if in a daze.

Stanley's too limp wristed for such a maneuver.

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Starchild lives in the shadow of Simmons.

You won't hear me disagree, but that's not what this thread is about.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Show me proof that Star Boy can do that. I defy you. :p

DEFY THIS!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/matthewallison/3689.jpg

I was at this show and I can attest to the fact that Paul was inching his trousers up to his nips the whole night.

Mike Brown
09-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Now, that is cool!

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Kiss sucks

William R.
09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
You won't hear me disagree, but that's not what this thread is about.

Eh, I don't see why it can't be called into court as evidence? A good frontman makes the shadows. He doesn't fucking stand in them. Know what I mean?

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Ace owns all!

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Eh, I don't see why it can't be called into court as evidence? A good frontman makes the shadows. He doesn't fucking stand in them. Know what I mean?

You could argue that Gene is the frontman though, or at least that they share duties. It's not like Paul started off getting more of the light then Gene did, they've always been a team.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Ace owns all!

Are you kidding? Paul IS KISS. Gene would be nothing without Paul. You hear me?

William R.
09-18-2006, 05:27 PM
You could argue that Gene is the frontman though, or at least that they share duties. It's not like Paul started off getting more of the light then Gene did, they've always been a team.

If you start that argument there is no frontman making this argument null and void. What? Do they have to form like Voltron to take on DLR then? It's crazy. It's nuts. It's sheer lunacy. You voted for Paul and you're pissing off Allison. I tell you this, DLR is no longer the Diamond Dave of old, he's more Cubic Zirconia Phil or something, but still prime vs. prime no fucking way in the world is Stanley taking down that man. NONE!

You could go another route and say that Dave is standing in the shadow of his former self, which is all freshman psych-151 on your ass.

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Well are we going prime vs. prime or are we saying overall? I said in my reply that if Roth had quit it'd be a different story but he didn't and I think that if you stack Stanley's work against Roth's work that Stanely comes out on top as he's more consistant whereas Roth was great but started to suck hard and fast once VH gave him the boot.

And it doesn't make the arguement null and void at all. It was Roth Vs. Stanley, not Stanley Vs. Simmons or whatever. I'm just staying on topic, Mr. Crankypants.

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Well are we going prime vs. prime or are we saying overall? I said in my reply that if Roth had quit it'd be a different story but he didn't and I think that if you stack Stanley's work against Roth's work that Stanely comes out on top as he's more consistant whereas Roth was great but started to suck hard and fast once VH gave him the boot.

And it doesn't make the arguement null and void at all. It was Roth Vs. Stanley, not Stanley Vs. Simmons or whatever. I'm just staying on topic, Mr. Crankypants.

We have to remember that we are not only looking at body of work or supporting band. We are looking at frontman skillz!

Intensity
Charisma
Babe Magnetism
Energy
Style
Presence
Interview skills.

etc
etc.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 05:40 PM
You voted for Paul and you're pissing off Allison.

I'm not at all pissed at Ian. He's the only one here with his shit together.

Listen to KISS:ALIVE!. Listen to Paul's between song awesomeness. He is KISS' frontman, no doubt about it.

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm not at all pissed at Ian. He's the only one here with his shit together.

Listen to KISS: ALIVE!. Listen to Paul's between song awesomeness. He is KISS' frontman, no doubt about it.

DLR!DLR!DLR!DLR!DLR!DLR!

Matt A
09-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Here's the thing: DLR was about DLR on stage. Paul is about the audience. Pure and simple.

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Here's the thing: DLR was about DLR on stage. Paul is about the audience. Pure and simple.

That's a good point. He loves you and he's not afraid to tell you that over and over again.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Exactly -

"You've been a dynamite audience an' you all deserve ta give yo'selves a round of applause! Let's go! Whooo!"

William R.
09-18-2006, 05:47 PM

Consistantly bad. I'd still take DLR overall, but that's why I voted for him. It'll take a few more years and a few more tears before he's down to playing ball on Stanley's level.

I think it does in the way that I was looking at it. If Stanley is the frontman, fine, but if Gene is the frontman, null. Also, if they share duties I don't think that's a frontman thing to do. Co-Frontmen? What are they the Wonder Twins or something? Might as well go Peter Criss vs. DLR in that case.

And taking Busterface's list of crap into full effect, I think Dave comes out way ahead.

Intensity - Dude does splits in mid air.
Charisma - He's called Diamon Dave, dude.
Babe Magnetism - Clearly the winner here. He'll take your sister and if she's too busy, he's got your mom. Stanley's got a bunch of 30+ year old boys with toy collections.
Energy - Dude does splits in mid air.
Style - Eh, okay, Stanley's got him. It's the make-up.
Presence - Totally, but debatable these days.
Interview skills - No contest. He drops nuggets of gold like it's going out of style. Read Crazy from the Heat. It's life changing.

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Consistantly bad. I'd still take DLR overall, but that's why I voted for him. It'll take a few more years and a few more tears before he's down to playing ball on Stanley's level.

I think it does in the way that I was looking at it. If Stanley is the frontman, fine, but if Gene is the frontman, null. Also, if they share duties I don't think that's a frontman thing to do. Co-Frontmen? What are they the Wonder Twins or something? Might as well go Peter Criss vs. DLR in that case.

And taking Busterface's list of crap into full effect, I think Dave comes out way ahead.

Babe Magnetism - Clearly the winner here. He'll take your sister and if she's too busy, he's got your mom. Stanley's got a bunch of 30+ year old boys with toy collections.
Interview skills - No contest. He drops nuggets of gold like it's going out of style. Read Crazy from the Heat. It's life changing.

Why does my list have to be "crap"?

Matt A
09-18-2006, 05:52 PM

You son of a bitch. You no good son of a bitch.

And the boots. Don't forget the boots. Son of a bitch.

William R.
09-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Why does my list have to be "crap"?

Cuz it's not your day.

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 05:54 PM

Congo Bill's got a good point on all fronts with Busterface's list o' crap.

Choke on it, dickhole

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Cuz it's not your day.

I suppose it is not, Sweet William...I suppose it is not.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 05:59 PM
For Paul:

Intensity: Dude does jumping jacks - IN 8 INCH HEELS!
Charisma: Paul never got kicked out of a band. You can only take so much "Dave".
Babe Magnetism: Seriously? Paul is THE LOVER, as well as The Starchild. Watch KISS: EXPOSED
Energy: Dude does jumping jacks - IN 8 INCH HEELS!
Style: William already called this one.
Presence: Fuck. You have to be in a band to have presence. When's the last time Dave toured?
Interview skills: Watch KISS: X-TREME CLOSE UP.

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 06:01 PM
*Intensity - Dude does splits in mid air.

Stanley does that thing where he skips backwards while playing guitar and stuff though and he's able to fling his guitar around his chest. Dave can't even play guitar and he has to depend on Eddie or Steve Vai to cover for him.

*Charisma - He's called Diamon Dave, dude.

I don't know that Diamond Dave is a better nickname than The Starchild though. Especially when Stanley has a star on his face. Does Dave have a Diamond on his face? No. No he doesn't.

*Babe Magnetism - Clearly the winner here. He'll take your sister and if she's too busy, he's got your mom. Stanley's got a bunch of 30+ year old boys with toy collections.

I'll concede that this was the case circa 1980 - 1988 maybe but not anymore. Put modern day Stanley beside modern day DLR and Stanley takes him. Not in their glorydays, but nowadays he definitely does even with the weird poopy faces. Also, Stanley got plenty of poon. There's no arguing this.

*Energy - Dude does splits in mid air.

See guitar flinging comment above. Also Stanley does that hand clap thing while he wiggles across the stage at the same time. You try that, it's not easy, especially 7" leather heels on.

*Style - Eh, okay, Stanley's got him. It's the make-up.

And the boots and the sequined mirrored tights.

*Presence - Totally, but debatable these days.

Again, back in the day, DLR would have taken this but these days or any day out of the last 15 years? No dice. DLR is washed up. I don't like it any more than you do, but it's a fact. The man who was, for half a decade, one of the best is now a bad parody of his former self.

*Interview skills - No contest. He drops nuggets of gold like it's going out of style. Read Crazy from the Heat. It's life changing.[/QUOTE]

DLR wins this one hands down. I agree with you completely on this point.

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 06:01 PM
For Paul:

Charisma: Paul never got kicked out of a band. You can only take so much "Dave".
Babe Magnetism: Seriously? Paul is THE LOVER, as well as The Starchild. Watch KISS: EXPOSED
Presence: Fuck. You have to be in a band to have presence. When's the last time Dave toured?

You forgot!

Suck Factor: Through the fuckin roof!

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Fuck. You have to be in a band to have presence. When's the last time Dave toured?

About 2 years ago when he and Hagar teamed up to suck together and then called it off when they didn't get along. Wimps.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 06:03 PM
You forgot!

Suck Factor: Through the fuckin roof!

You forgot Dick Factor: In Haden's ASS!

Matt A
09-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Where're Miller and Guarisco? They need to step forward with their wisdom.

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 06:05 PM
You forgot Dick Factor: In Haden's ASS!

You forgot Foot Factor: Connecting with Allison's JAW!

Matt A
09-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Does Dave have a Diamond on his face? No. No he doesn't.

VERY good point.

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 06:06 PM
I don't see a diamond on his ugly face.

http://refernet.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/david_lee_roth.jpg

http://www.onlineseats.com/upload/concerts/958_con_david-lee-roth1.jpg

http://www.claytonartworks.com/DavidLeeRothPntg.jpg

http://momandpopcultureshop.typepad.com/photos/outsider_art/davidleeroth.JPG

William R.
09-18-2006, 06:07 PM

Does he do cardio in leg warmers as well? http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4641/emotsissiesqx5.gif

So Stanley has to charm his band members into keeping him around?

Stop. Just. Stop.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4641/emotsissiesqx5.gif

Indeed.

With Sammy probably.

No thanks.

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Diamond Dave - 10 votes
Paul "sissypants" Stanley - 2 votes

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Ace - ALL THE VOTES!

Matt A
09-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Does he do cardio in leg warmers as well?

No. He does not.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZoYvi_SxEPU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZoYvi_SxEPU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Stop. Just. Stop.

http://www.kissfever.com.ar/images/paul_entrevista_lapine2_05.jpg

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 06:12 PM

Those trannys are pretty hot!

William R.
09-18-2006, 06:16 PM
*Intensity - Dude does splits in mid air.

Stanley does that thing where he skips backwards while playing guitar and stuff though and he's able to fling his guitar around his chest. Dave can't even play guitar and he has to depend on Eddie or Steve Vai to cover for him.

See this is easier to digest than jumping jacks in heels. An arguable point. I think running around the stage doing air splits and throwing your crotch in adoring groupies faces is more intense than skipping around, but hey!

*Charisma - He's called Diamon Dave, dude.

I don't know that Diamond Dave is a better nickname than The Starchild though. Especially when Stanley has a star on his face. Does Dave have a Diamond on his face? No. No he doesn't.

Starchild is too hippy. I don't need to make a case against that group. Also, Diamond Dave didn't need to wear make-up, he was a handsome devil. He could probably use the Diamond on his face now though.

*Babe Magnetism - Clearly the winner here. He'll take your sister and if she's too busy, he's got your mom. Stanley's got a bunch of 30+ year old boys with toy collections.

I'll concede that this was the case circa 1980 - 1988 maybe but not anymore. Put modern day Stanley beside modern day DLR and Stanley takes him. Not in their glorydays, but nowadays he definitely does even with the weird poopy faces. Also, Stanley got plenty of poon. There's no arguing this.

I think they scare away equal amounts of women these days. However I'm willing to give the slight edge to Stanly modernly even if he's probably banging the same groupie he railed in '75.

*Energy - Dude does splits in mid air.

See guitar flinging comment above. Also Stanley does that hand clap thing while he wiggles across the stage at the same time. You try that, it's not easy, especially 7" leather heels on.

Can he pad his head and rub his tummy at the same time too?

*Presence - Totally, but debatable these days.

Again, back in the day, DLR would have taken this but these days or any day out of the last 15 years? No dice. DLR is washed up. I don't like it any more than you do, but it's a fact. The man who was, for half a decade, one of the best is now a bad parody of his former self.

What saddens me is that Dave would annoy me just as much as Paul these days. That hurts.

William R.
09-18-2006, 06:18 PM

Ron Jeremy get's in mags as well.

What cracks me up about that is that he's clearly making eyes at me and ignoring Donna Speir and the other chicks.

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 06:19 PM
What saddens me is that Dave would annoy me just as much as Paul these days. That hurts.

It's hard, I know. I've got nothing but love for the early VH (I'll even admit to liking some of the Hagar era songs) but DLR is more or less dead to me at this point whereas Stanley still has something going on. Maybe he didn't have as far to fall and so it didn't do as much damage once he hit the ground but something very strange and very bad has happaned to David Lee Roth and I don't think he'll ever recover. Stanley, on the other hand, can still put on the make up and sing Love Gun and when he does, everything is okay.

William R.
09-18-2006, 06:22 PM
It's hard, I know. I've got nothing but love for the early VH (I'll even admit to liking some of the Hagar era songs) but DLR is more or less dead to me at this point whereas Stanley still has something going on. Maybe he didn't have as far to fall and so it didn't do as much damage once he hit the ground but something very strange and very bad has happaned to David Lee Roth and I don't think he'll ever recover. Stanley, on the other hand, can still put on the make up and sing Love Gun and when he does, everything is okay.

I can agree with that in theory, though I'd replace Love Gun with Strutter.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 06:22 PM
You know who's super tight with the ladies?

You got it...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/matthewallison/th7.jpg

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 06:24 PM
I can agree with that in theory, though I'd replace Love Gun with Strutter.

A good choice. At least now, after six pages of intense combat, we can see where the other is coming from even if we don't necessarily agree while Busterface and The Chad still have yet to make much of a case.

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 06:26 PM
A good choice. At least now, after six pages of intense combat, we can see where the other is coming from even if we don't necessarily agree while Busterface and The Chad still have yet to make much of a case.

Our case is proven with the votes!

You sound desperate.

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 06:40 PM
You sound desperate.

Not in the least. I'm comfortable with my position on the debate and have proven myself thusly. You're just talking shit.

William R.
09-18-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm with Ian. You can't back up your argument with my points. Make your own. Sucka.

Bill Pissott
09-18-2006, 07:43 PM
David Lee Roth

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm with Ian. You can't back up your argument with my points. Make your own. Sucka.

Uhhhhhhh.. I came up with the crap list!!!!!

Remember????!

The crap list by which all frontmen are to be judged!

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Not in the least. I'm comfortable with my position on the debate and have proven myself thusly. You're just talking shit.

When I think of David Lee Roth, I think of a fantastic frontman who visualized himself as a return to the classic style of entertainer who put on a helluva show and always had the audience laughing with him and he decided to branch out from the band that helped him make his name and it sadly didn't work out for him.

When I think of Paul Stanley, I think of a guy with a bad wig and make-up who's been prancing around stage for over 30 years singing songs that are a step above bubblegum music.

William R.
09-18-2006, 08:24 PM
When I think of Paul Stanley, I think of a guy with a bad wig and make-up who's been prancing around stage for over 30 years singing songs that are a step above bubblegum music.

Which in and of itself is not a bad thing if you've got good tunes, but those are something I struggle to find with KISS. Image aside.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Holy shit. Good tunes? Have you heard their first six albums? Not a bad song in the bunch. Not one.

Good tunes.

Where's Donny G?

son of a...

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Holy shit. Good tunes? Have you heard their first six albums? Not a bad song in the bunch. Not one.

Good tunes.

Where's Donny G?

son of a...

I agree wit Allison on this one. Early KISS rukes. Well..except for Stanley's version of God of Thunder.

But this is not my day so I could be way off base.

William R.
09-18-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't. That's why I don't own them.

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I don't. That's why I don't own them.

Same here, Kiss leave me colder than a well digger's ass

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 08:49 PM
That's it! Dudikoff and The Chad...meet me outside the forum tomorrow 9 PM!

William R.
09-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Fuck that, why don't you meet me at the waterfront after the social and we'll settle this shit tonight.

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 08:55 PM
That's it! Dudikoff and The Chad...meet me outside the forum tomorrow 9 PM!

What? You want your ass whipped in downtown St. Louis? Ok, I got nothing better to do.

Jeremy Wallace
Fuck that, why don't you meet me at the waterfront after the social and we'll settle this shit tonight.

Eat shit and live!

Chad Haden

Wanna stomp him and toss his ass in the river? Then we can go TP Allison's house!

Don Guarisco
09-18-2006, 08:59 PM
I think Stanley is the better front man of the two. That's in no way a slight to Roth - he was a great showman during his Van Halen days. However, he couldn't keep his focus on the band and his solo career quickly drifted off into total irrelevance. He's the classic 'son of a rich man' who just played at being a rock star for a while - he was good at the game, brilliant in fact, but it was ultimately a game to him. Stanley has stuck by his band in the good times and the bad times and has always stayed true to the music he loves. He is a true believer, unafraid to embrace rock in an unironic and totally heartfelt way. He's also the (far) superior vocalist of the two.

William R.
09-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Eat shit and live!

Yea? Well, your mom still owes my dog fuck-money.

suck it.
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/1431/kisspaulphancq8.jpg

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Yea? Well, your mom still owes my dog fuck-money.

suck it.
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/1431/kisspaulphancq8.jpg

The perfect pic to go with that post! HAHAHAH!!

Will, that made me laugh outloud!

Matt A
09-19-2006, 11:20 AM
I think Stanley is the better front man of the two. That's in no way a slight to Roth - he was a great showman during his Van Halen days. However, he couldn't keep his focus on the band and his solo career quickly drifted off into total irrelevance. He's the classic 'son of a rich man' who just played at being a rock star for a while - he was good at the game, brilliant in fact, but it was ultimately a game to him. Stanley has stuck by his band in the good times and the bad times and has always stayed true to the music he loves. He is a true believer, unafraid to embrace rock in an unironic and totally heartfelt way. He's also the (far) superior vocalist of the two.

Word up.

Matt A
09-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Oh yeah. Almost forgot - Gene Simmons discovered Van Halen. End of Story.

Jonathan Douglas
09-19-2006, 12:53 PM
This one's easy, Stanley wins. He's kept himself on top all these years, Dave is, wherever. Now if Dave came back with some kind of Sinatra/easy listening album thing, I might be interested again. There's little doubt he's one hell of a crooner, I really can't see him rock again. Pull a Michael Bolton, Dave !

Tom K
09-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Here is something to ponder...

The final kick in the teeth for the classic Sabbath line up came on the European leg of the "Never Say Die" tour where the band elected to take new American kids on the block Van Halen out on the road with them. Riding high on the success of their self titled debut and led by flamboyant frontman David Lee Roth and guitar whiz kid Eddie Van Halen, Van Halen triumphed every night, while Sabbath seemed to be a shadow of their former selves...

"It was really the end," states Geezer. "David Lee Roth ripped off everything that Ozzy did and Warner Bros did everything for them."

From the liner notes of the Reunion CD...

I always liked old Kiss more than Van Halen, so I went with Starchild...

Horace Cordier
09-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Sorry I missed all the fun.

If this poll was going any other way I'd have to shoot somebody.

Roth.

William made the case. Repeatedly.

Stanley is the least cool member of KISS, imo. Gimme Ace or even Peter Criss.

Chad Haden
09-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Oh yeah. Almost forgot - Gene Simmons discovered Van Halen. End of Story.

Yeah, but we're talking about Paul "sissypants" Stanley and not Gene "Gimme Some Money" Simmons

Don Guarisco
09-19-2006, 08:56 PM
William made the case. Repeatedly.

Stanley is the least cool member of KISS, imo. Gimme Ace or even Peter Criss.

You're full of piss and vinegar tonight, ain't you, Horamce(*)? Roth has already won this poll so be a good winner and don't kick the losing party when he's already down... and also accept the fact that Mike Rynoski (nee Reno) is gonna lose, lose, lose to Geddy Lee.

(*) - misspelling is intentional here - I'm using the 'Toy Boy' spelling of Mr. Cordier's name

Horace Cordier
09-19-2006, 09:08 PM
You're full of piss and vinegar tonight, ain't you, Horamce(*)? Roth has already won this poll so be a good winner and don't kick the losing party when he's already down... and also accept the fact that Mike Rynoski (nee Reno) is gonna lose, lose, lose to Geddy Lee.

(*) - misspelling is intentional here - I'm using the 'Toy Boy' spelling of Mr. Cordier's name

I'm only posting in this to piss off Fred Adelman anyway.

I know Reno's going down but thats ok. I revel in my uber-coolness and knowledge of obscure 70's rock bands to show off and piss off fans of mainstream acts like RUSH.

Only me, and a select few for instance, know that GOLDEN EARRING are better than the ROLLING STONES. :D

LOVERBOY sucked donkey balls however.

Chad Haden
09-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Only me, and a select few for instance, know that GOLDEN EARRING are better than the ROLLING STONES. :D

:eek: BLASPHAMER!!!!!! :mad:

Horace Cordier
09-19-2006, 09:23 PM
:eek: BLASPHAMER!!!!!! :mad:

Thats "blasphemer" Chad.

Look, I have enough people to shoot so let us call a truce and I will send you a free copy of the brand new UGLY THINGS zine that is as thick as a phone book. You will love it! :D

I admit to being a 70's hard rock geek. Now pm me your mailing details and the peace is assured.

Chad Haden
09-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Thats "blasphemer" Chad.

Look, I have enough people to shoot so let us call a truce and I will send you a free copy of the brand new UGLY THINGS zine that is as thick as a phone book. You will love it! :D

I admit to being a 70's hard rock geek. Now pm me your mailing details and the peace is assured.

Pfft, knowing how to spell words is for squares like Fred and Don.

I appreciate it Horace but I've already got the newest issue, it's fucking awesome :D That article on the Mustangs and the Bush made me dig out my Back From The Grave comps :)

yeah, i'm a hipster music geek Sweet Donny G! And I'm proud of it!!!

Ian Miller
09-19-2006, 10:53 PM
I do a mean impression of The Starchild in interviews.

"Let's make a moviiiiiiiiiieeeeee......"