PDA

View Full Version : I, MYSELF AND WHY? (Director's Cut! Now with vocal performances by Matthew Allison)

Fred Hana
09-18-2006, 03:30 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ww8bDCpf4mo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ww8bDCpf4mo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Matt A
09-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Heartbreaking.

I am finding new meaning with every viewing.

Much like THE ONE AND ONLY with Henry Winkler or SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE only...not?

Randy Thomas G
09-19-2006, 02:29 AM
Finally I get to hear Matthew's dulcet tones.

Fred Hana
09-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Matthew has a very soothing voice.

Matt A
09-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Do I? I think it sounds shrill and nasally. I talked to Busterface on the phone last night and he's a smooth-mouth cookie for sure.

Don Guarisco
09-20-2006, 02:40 PM
I haven't heard soul-searching voiceovers that stirring since THE HOLLYWOOD STRANGLER MEETS THE SKID-ROW SLASHER.

Ian Miller
09-20-2006, 02:45 PM
That is fucking AWESOME!!

Great work, folks!

Matt A
09-20-2006, 02:45 PM
I haven't heard soul-searching voiceovers that stirring since THE HOLLYWOOD STRANGLER MEETS THE SKID-ROW SLASHER.

That...wow. That was the ultimate compliment. I'm truly touched. Fred and Pat's visuals just sent me, ya know?

Mike T
09-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Though I always respect a director's decision to fine-tune their art, I think I preferred the original version more, to be honest. Lack of monologue made the piece much more philosophically ambiguous; interpretation was left entirely to the viewer. Now that meaning has been added to what originally had been meaningless, except within the mind of its audience, I think the piece has somewhat lost its originality and uniqueness.

When I originally watched this, I thought "Are Fred and Pat taking the Mickey? Or is it all simply an analogy alluding to Pat's fear of Basking Sharks?" - now it seems less so original and more of the usual "tortured angst" that is all too prevalent in the contemporary art-world. And no, I'm not taking the piss to be funny -- this is my honest opinion. :o