PDA

View Full Version : Frontman Wars: Daltry vs Plant

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Vote!!

William R.
09-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Daltry.

He could probably kick your ass and he doesn't sound like he got his grapefruits sqaushed. Plant was prettier though, so, you know, he's got that goin' for 'em.

Gary Banks
09-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Damn. Daltrey just marches in place when he isn't swinging the mike and Plant didn't strike me as too mobile. So I'll go with Roger (better voice).

John G.
09-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Pssshhhh, are you kidding? Daltry by far. Plant is OK but he's the weakest link in that band. Good solo career though...

mark t
09-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Daltry, hands down. It might be cliched, but Won't Get Fooled Again has THE best rock scream ever.

Steve P.
09-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Daltry. Both for his voice and his presence.

I liked Plant's voice for the first couple of Zep albums, but then he took on that annoying creaky tone.

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Daltry, where do you think Plant stole his look and act?

John G.
09-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Daltry, hands down. It might be cliched, but Won't Get Fooled Again has THE best rock scream ever.
Surely you forget the glass-shattering scream in this song. It shatters glass Mark!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CCOhrGyoxTU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CCOhrGyoxTU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

William R.
09-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Did someone mess up and vote for Plant? Show yourself!

Bill, are you the dissenter in the ranks? ;)

Bill Pissott
09-18-2006, 02:45 PM
I have nothing to say on the topic Will.

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 02:47 PM
I went with Plant. For overall frontmanship, (presence, voice, style, look, babe magnetism, performance and rockitude) I think Plant wins the majority.

As a personal preference I like Daltry.

Mike Brown
09-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Daltry of course. Plant is a funny dude, but a little too cutesy for the front man dept. And that voice can kill a tune live quicker than shit. Can anybody say push, push, push, push......?

Chuk H
09-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Daltry.

Plant really gets on my nerves.

Paul Casey
09-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Plant makes me want to rip my own fuckin' eyeballs out. I hate him.
Hate.

Hate.

Matt A
09-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Did someone mess up and vote for Plant? Show yourself!

Bill, are you the dissenter in the ranks? ;)

I voted for Plant, thank you very much.

Daltry is Townsend's puppet. Plant was his own man.

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 05:29 PM

I like to dream too, Matthew.

William R.
09-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Plant was his own man.

Or wo-man, depending on who you ask.

Paul Casey
09-18-2006, 05:33 PM
I voted for Plant, thank you very much.

Yeah, except when The Dalt punched Townsend in the face and knocked him out for a few hours.

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 05:34 PM
How could Plant get no respect? The Zep changed music for ever! Plant was a vital part of that.

William R.
09-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Wallace today just ain't your day.

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Wallace today just ain't your day.

I think it is my day. I think it is not everyone elses day!

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 05:48 PM
How could Plant get no respect? The Zep changed music for ever! Plant was a vital part of that.

How's the weather on your planet? Zep didn't change music forever, they just happened to be in the right place at the right time

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 05:54 PM
How's the weather on your planet? Zep didn't change music forever, they just happened to be in the right place at the right time

Dillusional!!!!

you could make that argument about every major invention that made a change.

Ben Franklin...right place right time.

Wright brothers...right place right time.

General Patton...right place right time.

Edwin Samuelson...right place right time.

You gotta give some credit to the people that were there at "the right place at the right time".

BTW I still love you Chad even though you wrote The Stooges Own The Ramones on my bathroom wall!

Chad Haden
09-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Dillusional!!!!

you could make that argument about every major invention that made a change.

You gotta give some credit to the people that were there at "the right place at the right time".

BTW I still love you Chad even though you wrote The Stooges Own The Ramones on my bathroom wall!

I also wrote Iron Maiden rules!

Jeremy Wallace
09-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Yes you did!

William R.
09-18-2006, 06:00 PM

Not quite. The first two invented something. Zep didn't invent shit. The Wright Bros. example is probably the most apt if you think about it though as Un Chad will find this amusing "Nevertheless, the Wright brothers' claim to this aviation "first" has been subject to counter-claims by various parties. Much controversy persists around the many competing claims of early aviators." Ha.

Patton you could argue the right place deal being that it was a fucking war and all.

Edwin is all about right place right time. Watch that telephone pole up dude's ass image pop up when he least expect it and see for yourself.

Ian Jane
09-18-2006, 06:13 PM

These words you speak are true.

Horace Cordier
09-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Daltrey. I love his voice. The guy is the real blue-collar macho man ex-sheet metal worker deal.

Townsend's puppet? True, Daltrey didn't write the music but was the voice of the WHO and that band would never have been the classic act that they are without him. Try to imagine Townsend singing "Fooled" - the song would be de-balled in seconds.

I like ZEPPELIN. A lot. But Plant can get very annoying sometimes. "Does anyone remember laughter?" Ugh.

John Paul Jones was the genius in that band anyway. :)

Zane C.
09-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Okay, Daltry and The Who are a great band, but we're talking LED ZEPPELIN here.

Who fronted Zep? Daltry? No, Plant.

I can't believe the Zep disrespect goin' on here. Plant and Zep may not have "invented shit" as I believe the quote was, but damned if they didn't hone it to a fine, fine sound.

Obviously, my vote goes to Plant.

Bill Pissott
09-18-2006, 11:49 PM
I got your back Zane. I voted Plant also :)

Zane C.
09-18-2006, 11:56 PM
I got your back Zane. I voted Plant also :)

Thanks, man! I knew there were some other Zep fans around! :D

Bill Pissott
09-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks, man! I knew there were some other Zep fans around! :D

But of course. I don't know where I'd be without those guys :)