09-16-2006, 04:14 PM
You decide -

Magnus Wersen
09-16-2006, 04:26 PM
I went with Cyndi. I developed quite a crush on her during the 80's. :o

William R.
09-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Cyndi Lauper.

Not just because I think Madonna is a dirty cooze. Madonna lost me after here nth makeover or more importantly when she grew up. Borderline, Lucky Star... good stuff. I guess I really did tune out during that Papa Don't Preach phase. She's been shit ever since, but her work with William Orbit on "Frozen" was refreshing, more so because of Orbit than anything she brought to the table.

Cyndi Lauper, I was never that big into her Girls Just Wanna Have Fun stuff, it was poppy and not bad, but not what I was into. However as years went on she really matured into a great artist with a great voice. She also fell out of the mainstream, I believe (though I can't be too sure as I don't keep up on these things) as the first album to really make me notice her was "Sisters of Avalon"

Ingolf Eskedahl
09-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Cyndi, Madonna is too fuckinĀ“freaky.

Scott Ruhl
09-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Madoona. Cydaiy t'anit freaky enug.

William R.
09-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Someone wiser than me once said "A morning after a night with Madonna might leave you with your dick rotted off in your hand, but that's not issue. The issue is, is a night with Madonna worth holding your rotting dick in your hand. The answer... is perhaps. Only Vanilla Ice knows for sure."

Justin Frank
09-16-2006, 07:40 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsH_w6XyL74"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BsH_w6XyL74" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9PG_JCNXGHA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9PG_JCNXGHA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Adolph L.
09-16-2006, 10:08 PM
cyndi lauper

Chad Haden
09-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Cyndi

Or....Ciccone Youth!

http://www.thesmashmix.com/wp-content/SmashMix041CicconeYouth.jpg

Alli R
09-17-2006, 12:34 AM
I picked Cyndi. I have always loved her videos and she's adorable. Madonna just needs to go away.

Darren Nemeth
09-17-2006, 01:36 AM
I picked Cyndi. I have always loved her videos and she's adorable. Madonna just needs to go away.

I pick the Whore of Babylon.

She was born in Bay City, MI. Just 20 minutes down the highway from here.

The hospital where she was birthed is now a senior citizen high rise, I understand. I sought out that and other Madge sites one summer.

I can't believe that anyone takes her "art" seriously. Especially some feminists. Only the sick or diluted in the head do, I guess.

Some females equate her to a Martin Luther King. Are they correct?

She must have studied 1920s Berlin or 1890s NY Broadway stage.

While reading books on those subjects I realised that a lot of her promotion / exploitation shtick seems mirrored from other crass publicity stunts performed in those eras.

Sometimes direct immitations, in my view.

A very smart woman, I give you that. Say what you want about her but she is indeeed VERY smart.

Some of her music I like, also. Great pop tracks when she has a great producer. I am almost embarrassed to admit that I happen to have several of her albums. The best, IMHO, is RAY OF LIGHT and MUSIC.

Outside some great pop music I have come to hate almost everything she stands for, or some may attribute to her.

My Aunt knew her mother and said if she did not die when Madge was young she would not have turned out the way she did.

"Her mother would be spinning her grave right now" she said. I guess she was lady like and church going.

William R.
09-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Some females equate her to a Martin Luther King. Are they correct?

I hope to Holy Christ you're wrong, because that is the most absurdly stupid thing I've heard in a while and I've heard some really dumb shit lately.

Darren Nemeth
09-17-2006, 02:07 AM
I hope to Holy Christ you're wrong, because that is the most absurdly stupid thing I've heard in a while and I've heard some really dumb shit lately.

You have no idea how high up on the pedistal some hateful females have placed her.

You have no idea!

She taught women how to "express themselves" and freed them, sexually.

In many ways, I'd have to say they are correct but it makes me somewhat ill to think so. But that's life.

If the USA is still around, don't be surprised if a couple High Schools and major streets are named after her decades after she is gone.

{Now if you could please pardon me as I pop in a DVD of "She Came On the Bus" 1969)

Darren Nemeth
09-17-2006, 02:36 AM
If the USA is still around, don't be surprised if a couple High Schools and major streets are named after her decades after she is gone.
Now that I think of it {and have had a few drinks in me}, this may be a good thing. It may save tax payers money.

Naming streets and High Schools "Madonna" [hee hee... "I go to Madonna High"] will make it cheaper to put lettering on buildings and other land markings than names such as, say, Eisenhower, John Glenn and Washington.

How many high school names have seven letters?

Madonna High School. Or hows about Madge High School?

It has a ring to it.

{however, the time to worry is when the kindergartens have her name}

William R.
09-17-2006, 04:43 AM
You have no idea how high up on the pedistal some hateful females have placed her.

You have no idea!

I find it comforting in a way to know that of all the plethora of females I've come across, I've yet to find one that falls into the hateful/pedestal demographic. Maybe in the "yea, I had the fucking Madonna gloves" kind of way, but never the extreme you describe. Maybe there is a God and he's looking out for me?

I don't know why I find this notion so Sci-Fi, as Barbara Streisand worship can attest, this type of freakish behavior is possible, but comparisons to Dr. King? What nutter makes these claims? Certainly not Madonna. Even Jane Fonda "American Traitor Bitch" is not loopy enough to suggest such an out and out disrespectful and totally unbelievable fallacy (or is it phallucy?).

I blame Kabala. Is that still the spirituality of choice?

Madonna High School. Or hows about Madge High School?

The Ciccone Center for the Morbidly Obese and Mentally Unstable

Darren Nemeth
09-17-2006, 04:52 AM
I blame Kabala. Is that still the spirituality of choice?
Kabala is probabaly the only religion Madonna could find that does not judge her.

Otherwise, she rots in hell.

She finally found one that does not detest prostitutes.

{Now if you would excuse me as I pop in a DVD of THE DEAN'S WIFE (1969)}

Shaun C
09-17-2006, 06:07 PM
The ginger aint got a chance. Sorry Cyndi, but you just can't cut the mustard, can ya luv. Madge, on the other hand has made some fantastic videos andhas made some great music. Even though she is a funking whore.

Get into the groove for you'v got to give your money to me!

Chuk H
09-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Cyndi for me. I love her in a certian way...but not like I love Joan Jett.

The M woman I find alternatly interesting and amusing. I used to keep her first album around because when partying with a couple females it was sure to make them squeal with delight and possibly take their shirts off.

I have to say I actually enjoy RAY OF LIGHT for what it is ( watered down 'electronica") and I can even dig on MUSIC to some extent even though it's mostly a ripoff of AIR and DAFT PUNK.

But, yeah, Cyndi all the way.

Shawn S2
09-18-2006, 02:37 AM
Cyndi, i LOVE her!

Tom D
09-18-2006, 11:32 AM
I am almost embarrassed to admit that I happen to have several of her albums. The best, IMHO, is RAY OF LIGHT and MUSIC.

These are the only two Madonna albums I own. I never cared for her earlier 1980s music. Cyndi Lauper definitely has the better voice.

Paul Apsley
09-18-2006, 04:53 PM
I gotta go with Cyndi Lauper. While I don't love all her songs, I find a whole lot more to enjoy than Madonna's output. It's too bad that Cyndi seems to have fallen between the cracks as she can really sing. By the way, I really love her performance in the video for "Money Changes Everything".

Bill Pissott
09-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Madonna

John Ellsworth
09-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Cyndi Lauper, she aged gracefully. Madonna did not

jackydenise
09-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Cyndi Lauper is who I voted for, she was the first to set the trend for us teeny boppers back in the day. If you remember correctly, Madonna had Borderline before Cyndi had She's So Unusual. Cyndi blew Borderline out of the water for months and then Madonna blew Cyndi out of the water w/Like a Virgin. Cyndi RULES. Madonna RULES. All of you haters on Madonna...well, MEAN PEOPLE SUCK. $$$

Justin Frank
09-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Cyndi blew... Madonna blew...Cyndi RULES...Madonna RULES....

Which is it?! :confused: We need a final answer! :D

jackydenise
09-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Which is it?! :confused: We need a final answer! :D

Cyndi is more unique. Madonna is better at PR. You decide.

Justin Frank
09-19-2006, 01:57 AM
I'm a man of pulse-pounding, rapid-fire action, not words :cool:

but I gotta give it to Nina Hagen.

jackydenise
09-19-2006, 04:22 AM
I'm a man of pulse-pounding, rapid-fire action, not words :cool:

but I gotta give it to Nina Hagen.

I do believe you started this thread and Nina Hagen is not one of them. :p Is it Cyndi or Madonna? Oh, and why one or the other? :cool:

Tom K
09-19-2006, 04:30 AM
Cyndi for me...When I met her, she was a sweetheart...

I think people just choose to know her for Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...She has a lot of other great tunes...

Justin Frank
09-19-2006, 04:42 AM
Ok. Cyndi. Life is a series of choices.

jackydenise
09-19-2006, 04:50 AM
Ok. Cyndi. Life is a series of choices.

You still haven't said why...

Justin Frank
09-19-2006, 05:00 AM
because of this...at 6 AM:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MunowsJ9G2o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MunowsJ9G2o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mike Brown
06-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Just shoot me.

Jonathan Douglas
06-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Cyndi for me, though her voice can be somewhat irritating, but she did have ex-Rainbow keyboardist David Rosenthal in her mid-80s live band. I like Madonna's voice better, I like that Madonna just sings and basically doesn't try to be better than she is. I still can't stand Madonna, she may be constantly changing her image, but it never seems serious to me and merely change for the sake of it. I wouldn't trust her with my life, her attitude sucks, Cyndi seems genuinely nice.

Michael Greenwood
06-22-2007, 08:21 PM
I took Lauper but it pained me when I think of the early Madonna singles. They were superb. Now she just bugs me with her insistence on inventing these things she had no control over, really. Plus, Time After Time is so sweet and sad.

Jack Criddle
06-24-2007, 04:19 PM
An actress friend of my parents told me a funny (and also disturbing and sad) story about Madonna. She is directing a movie right now (it's called FILTH AND WISDOM, http://imdb.com/title/tt1042499/), and apparently it is written into her contract that no-one is allowed to address her directly to her face, they must talk to a member of her entourage. And, when they speak of her, they have to refer to her as "The Presence."

One can only imagine what her movie set is like. "Excuse me, Brett, could you ask The Presence if the lighting is okay?" "Richard, The Presence would like you to put more emphasis on that line." I can't even imagine what kind of a living hell that would be. Makes me think of Robert Wuhl's line in BATMAN: "The rich. You know why they're so weird? Because they can afford to be."

As for this poll, I went with Lauper because of "Goonies 'R Good Enough," but really Joan Jett beats 'em both.

Darren Nemeth
06-24-2007, 04:34 PM
:p

I just checked out the IMDB.com plot keywords for Filth and Wisdom (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1042499/) (2008) :D

Night Club
Gypsy
Lap Dancing
Dominatrix
Cultural Revolution
Ballet School
Book Writer
Punk Rock Band
Poetry
Russian Immigrant

Jack Criddle
06-24-2007, 06:25 PM
It stars Richard E. "WITHNIAL AND I" Grant too. Whatever happened to that poor son of a bitch?

Oh yeah, I remember... SPICE WORLD happened. I guess the dude just can't stay away from female pop stars.

Jonny Redman
06-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Madonna.

I never felt sexually attracted to Cyndi, I've always wanted to fuck Madonna. I reckon she's a right naughty bitch in bed. ;)