PDA

View Full Version : It is 12:39am - do you know where Fred Adelman is?

Horace Cordier
09-16-2006, 12:42 AM
You can set your watch by that guy - I'm telling you.

Hey, does anyone remember those old psas about "Do you know where your (did I get that right Fred?) children are?" that used to run late at night on tv? Or was that only an NYC thing?

They always pissed me off for some strange reason (maybe because I do not have any?).

William R.
09-16-2006, 12:45 AM
I remember a lone rusty swing, swinging by itself in the park in the breeze. Late... Late at night...

It's ten p.m. Do you know where your children are?

FUCK! I don't!

Horace Cordier
09-16-2006, 12:54 AM
I remember a lone rusty swing, swinging by itself in the park in the breeze. Late... Late at night...

FUCK! I don't!

I remember that ad! I think it also had some creepy-ass sounds of kids playing/singing in the background (or is my horror movie imagination adding shit?).

Those psas were kinda freaky.

But where is Fred?

William R.
09-16-2006, 01:00 AM
Is the DEAD ZONE on or something?

Is his bedtime 12:30?

Josh S
09-16-2006, 01:04 AM
I remember those ads, but I'm not sure if it's from seeing them as ads or on a show discussing them after the fact (like I Love the 80s or something).

Fred Adelman
09-16-2006, 01:04 AM
I'm here you scumbag! I will haunt your dreams and the dreams of your yet-unborn children. There's ne escaping me you vigilante SOB!

BTW: Where were you the past couple of days? You missed a bunch of posts where I reamed you uncerimoniously.

Fred Adelman
09-16-2006, 01:08 AM

FUCK! I don't!

That used to come on just before the Channel 5 news at 10:00pm. I remember where all the children are.*

*Chained-up in Horace's basement being fed nothing but a steady diet of Charles Bronson films.

Fred Adelman
09-16-2006, 01:12 AM
What's the matter, you all speechless? Panty-waist motherfuckers!

Horace Cordier
09-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Nah Fred - I don't use Bronson films. I use THIS:

http://www.revengeismydestiny.com/abducted[1].jpg

ABDUCTED (86) "When she went for her morning jog she didn't realize she'd be running for her life!" Roberta Weiss plays a jiggly jogger whose morning constitutional is interrupted by two psycho mountain men (Dan 'Grizzly Adams' Haggerty and Lawrence King-Phillips). A bizarre hicksploitation/WIP hybrid oddity that boasts some striking scenery and a world class performance by Mssr. Haggerty.*

*Description from revengeismydestiny.com

Fred Adelman
09-16-2006, 01:20 AM
I hate the fuck out of you! Check the thread "Fake Band Names". I did some just for you! :D

Horace Cordier
09-16-2006, 01:20 AM
What's the matter, you all speechless? Panty-waist motherfuckers!

Sorry. My phone was ringing. I'm expecting a call from a Mr. Ramone.

Fred Adelman
09-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Sorry. My phone was ringing. I'm expecting a call from a Mr. Ramone.

That funny because I opened my door and found a pack of Bernese Mountain Dogs on my terrace. They looked all beat up.

Horace Cordier
09-16-2006, 02:41 AM
That funny because I opened my door and found a pack of Bernese Mountain Dogs on my terrace. They looked all beat up.

How did you know that is my favorite breed?

Best dogs in the world next to a sweet mutt. I'd never hurt one in a million years. My Bernese dog buddies like to come over and watch cannibal flicks with me. :D

http://www.azbmd.com/puppysleeping.jpg

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/dog-images/bernese-mountain-dog-picture.jpg

BobG
09-16-2006, 03:15 AM
That "It's 10 PM..." announcement came right before the 10 0'Clock news on NYC's channel 5 (as stated above) but also, on Saturday nights, it was right after "Creature Features," which ended at 10. It used to creep me out as much as the movies they showed.

Fred Adelman
09-16-2006, 12:09 PM
How did you know that is my favorite breed?

Best dogs in the world next to a sweet mutt. I'd never hurt one in a million years. My Bernese dog buddies like to come over and watch cannibal flicks with me. :D

http://www.azbmd.com/puppysleeping.jpg

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/dog-images/bernese-mountain-dog-picture.jpg

They are beautiful animals. How did I know? Why Google, of course! :D

Jack J
01-05-2012, 05:12 AM
Fred's most recent FB update from Dec. 22 says he's in hospital. I know his relationship with dvdmaniacs has been somewhat strained over the past couple of years but I was wondering if any of you are in close contact with him? I'm worried for the ol'e guy and hope he's gonna be well.

Troy Howarth
01-05-2012, 06:33 AM
He and I are no longer friends, sad to say, but I am sincerely sorry to hear that he's in the hospital; here's hoping he makes a swift recovery!

Terry Carpenter
01-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Sad to hear, I hope he's okay.

If anyone is in the know let us know if he's alright.

Jack J
01-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Still no news on his FB page. :(