PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Allison! Your signature is uncalled for!

Jeremy Wallace
09-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Was he a jerk? Yes. But do not bring attention to it! Jerkface!!!!

Only nice talk about the Fast Four is allowed! This is listed in the forum rules!

Matt A
09-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Look, I just watched END OF THE CENTURY last night and the man was a grade-A dickhole. Made amazing music but was a miserable piece of doo-doo.

mark t
09-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Jeremy, if i may make a personal observation, I met Johnny Ramone, talked to him at length, and he was one of the nicest "stars" I've ever met. Totally down to earth. I've probably told this story before, but i'll tell it again.....

I was working as stage crew at a festival where the Ramones were playing, and i was in the backstage area, talking to a guy who was doing security. At that point, Johnny Ramone came walking across the "compound" with a bag over his shoulder, headed for the Ramones hut. The security guy quickly moved in to intercept. Johnny tried to tell him who he was, but the guy said he couldn't let him through without a pass. Nice guy that I am, i walked up to the two of them, said, "Hi Johnny." He was like, "Hey man, how'r you doin'?" I told him i was good, and then turned to the security guy and said, "This is Johnny, he's with the Ramones, you've got to let him through." The security guy was like, "Oh, you know him?" and i said, "Shit yeah, i know Johnny." Then i told Johnny i'd walk him over to where the rest of the band was, and we headed across the field. He was really nice, thanked me a couple of times, and then chatted about this and that. I asked him if he'd mind if i got a picture with him, and he said, "Of course not". Then he went into the hut and got Joey to come out as well for a picture.

then my sketchbag ex-wife lost the fucking film of me and two of the Ramones who are no longer with us.

So, i can safely say that the last time i saw Johnny, he was nothing but nice and courteous.

Matt Allison is a dickhole.

Matt A
09-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Saw-ree! Jeez! I'll change my sig.

Fascists. :mad:

Jeremy Wallace
09-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Jeremy, if i may make a personal observation, I met Johnny Ramone, talked to him at length, and he was one of the nicest "stars" I've ever met. Totally down to earth. I've probably told this story before, but i'll tell it again.....

I was working as stage crew at a festival where the Ramones were playing, and i was in the backstage area, talking to a guy who was doing security. At that point, Johnny Ramone came walking across the "compound" with a bag over his shoulder, headed for the Ramones hut. The security guy quickly moved in to intercept. Johnny tried to tell him who he was, but the guy said he couldn't let him through without a pass. Nice guy that I am, i walked up to the two of them, said, "Hi Johnny." He was like, "Hey man, how'r you doin'?" I told him i was good, and then turned to the security guy and said, "This is Johnny, he's with the Ramones, you've got to let him through." The security guy was like, "Oh, you know him?" and i said, "Shit yeah, i know Johnny." Then i told Johnny i'd walk him over to where the rest of the band was, and we headed across the field. He was really nice, thanked me a couple of times, and then chatted about this and that. I asked him if he'd mind if i got a picture with him, and he said, "Of course not". Then he went into the hut and got Joey to come out as well for a picture.

then my sketchbag ex-wife lost the fucking film of me and two of the Ramones who are no longer with us.

So, i can safely say that the last time i saw Johnny, he was nothing but nice and courteous.

Matt Allison is a dickhole.

That story (wait for it...wait for it...)...RUKES!

See Allison???

SEE????

Matt A
09-15-2006, 01:33 PM
He was nice to Tolch, a fan, but a dickhole to his bandmates, including Joey who seemed like the nicest guy in the world.

Plus I'm pissed because of what he said at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction which I can't repeat here.

Jeremy Wallace
09-15-2006, 01:40 PM
He was nice to Tolch, a fan, but a dickhole to his bandmates, including Joey who seemed like the nicest guy in the world.

Plus I'm pissed because of what he said at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction which I can't repeat here.

I do not agree with his views for sure. But I have a hard time saying anything bad about my heroes.

I wish I was at home drinking.

Does the comment you are talking about go like this:

G. B. P. B.

Matt A
09-15-2006, 01:50 PM
G. B. P. B.

Yes.

W. T. F.?

Jeremy Wallace
09-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Yes.

W. T. F.?

Yeah. He has always supported that view. Oh well...he still rocks.

End of the Century is incredible!

Matt A
09-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah. He has always supported that view. Oh well...he still rocks.

End of the Century is incredible!

Honestly, I'm not really bent out of shape about what his political views were as much as his attitude toward his bandmates and seeming indifference to being in one of the greatest bands ever. He came off as bitter because they never had a hit record or made tons of money. C'mon. You were in The Ramones. Lighten up.

Also, when he said that feeling bad about Joey's death was a sign of "weakness" - that's just cold-hearted.

Jeremy Wallace
09-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Honestly, I'm not really bent out of shape about what his political views were as much as his attitude toward his bandmates and seeming indifference to being in one of the greatest bands ever. He came off as bitter because they never had a hit record or made tons money. C'mon. You were in The Ramones. Lighten up.

Also, when he said that feeling bad about Joey's death was a sign of "weakness" - that's just cold-hearted.

I understand what you are saying completely. He stole Joey's girl on top of being overly cold hearted.

After watching E.O.T C. it made me miss Joey even more.

Shit, I wish that band was still alive and making music.

Chad Haden
09-15-2006, 05:44 PM
I think we all know Dee Dee was the coolest Ramone

Matt A
09-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Fuck yeah he was. END OF THE CENTURY proves that without a doubt.

Jeremy Wallace
09-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah Dee Dee ruked. But joey was my fave.

Randy Thomas G
09-15-2006, 07:11 PM
I think we all know Dee Dee was the coolest Ramone

Too fucking true. Dee Dee also claims in his autobiography to have written 'Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue' and '53rd & 3rd' (two of my favourite Ramones tracks ever) while failing to mention that he use to turn tricks, as several people reported in 'Please Kill Me.'

I haven't seen END OF THE CENTURY yet, is that mentioned at all?

Matt A
09-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Too fucking true. Dee Dee also claims in his autobiography to have written 'Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue' and '53rd & 3rd' (two of my favourite Ramones tracks ever) while failing to mention that he use to turn tricks, as several people reported in 'Please Kill Me.'

I haven't seen END OF THE CENTURY yet, is that mentioned at all?

Yep. It's brought up in an interview but he refused to go into detail though.

Randy Thomas G
09-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Strange that he wrote a track about it then.