PDA

View Full Version : I've never double-posted

Matt A
09-15-2006, 12:25 PM
How can that be? I average something like 25-1,000 posts a day and not one double post.

Elske McCain
09-15-2006, 12:45 PM
How do you know this?

Matt A
09-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Because I obsessively reread all of my old posts. :D

As far as I know it's never happened to me. Unless Ian Jane is cleaning up after me.

Scott Ruhl
09-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Sorry double post.

Scott Ruhl
09-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Sorry double post

Ian Jane
09-15-2006, 12:52 PM
It's never happened to me either. I have no idea why it happens to some users and not others.

It's just one of those things that makes DVD Maniacs unique.

Matt A
09-15-2006, 12:53 PM
I've seen people triple-post.

Alex D
09-15-2006, 02:37 PM
I've seen people triple-post.

Nobody will beat my septuple post. It's gone down in internet messageboard legend

Jesper Maintz
09-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, its like this: At 12.00 (danish time) the board is down - sometimes for an hour. After that, its double-post time for two hours. During that period of time, when you post, you have to click on "stop" in time, because the browser dont redirect you to your post. Then you have to open a new window to see, if your post went online - if it didnt, you go back and press "post reply" one more time. Dont leave the computer. Wait for ten seconds - then press "stop" - open the other browser window and push "refresh" - if your post is still not on, do it over again.

Then suddenly, 5 minutes after, you have posted the same message 3 times. Thats how it is when you live in Europe. And its the exact same time every single day.

Christoffer S
09-15-2006, 04:13 PM
yeah its the same in sweden. I have to get in before 11 in the morning, cause then it fucks up... and stays fucked on and off until late afternoon

Mike T
09-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Here in Australia, the great forum fuck-up commences about 6:00PM AWST (Perth, Beijing, Singapore etc time) and doesn't give up until well after 7:30PM AWST. If I'm lucky, it sometime even lasts until 8:00PM AWST -- and those are the times I know not to post if I don't want anything to go completely screwball when I am posting! Thus, it is not a solely European phenomenon, but also an Asia-Pacific/Oceania one as well.

I am waiting for the day I click "Submit Reply" and my PC explodes... :eek:

(Btw, for the foreigners [ie: Americanos] on the board, AWST = Australian Western Standard Time. Hmmm, maybe my European friends and I should round up all the other "foreign" members and stage a coup d'etat?)

Chad Haden
09-16-2006, 08:43 AM
maybe my European friends and I should round up all the other "foreign" members and stage a coup d'etat?

Not gonna happen, we've got "Mad Dog" Horace on our team.

Mike T
09-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Not gonna happen, we've got "Mad Dog" Horace on our team.

I kid, I kid! And it's not coz I'm scared of Horace's "extra-curricular activities"... :eek: But seriously (kinda), could you imagine it? You'd all have world politics threads up the wazoo! :p

Edit: Today, the forum hassles persisted on and off for over three hours! I was getting "internal server" errors right up 'til 10:00PM AWST; I'm off to watch a movie instead, as this is just too much to struggle through for a bit of light reading... :(

Fred Adelman
09-16-2006, 12:17 PM
I usually get the dreaded INTERNAL SERVICE ERROR between 7:00 am - 11:00 am EST. It's really hit-or-miss during that time. More often than not, I get the following message:

Christoffer S
09-16-2006, 12:49 PM
thats the one I get aswell

Scott Ruhl
09-16-2006, 04:09 PM
We all get it.

i'm from Chicago, America.

Howard Farmer
09-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Well, its like this: At 12.00 (danish time) the board is down - sometimes for an hour. After that, its double-post time for two hours. During that period of time, when you post, you have to click on "stop" in time, because the browser dont redirect you to your post. Then you have to open a new window to see, if your post went online - if it didnt, you go back and press "post reply" one more time. Dont leave the computer. Wait for ten seconds - then press "stop" - open the other browser window and push "refresh" - if your post is still not on, do it over again.

Then suddenly, 5 minutes after, you have posted the same message 3 times. Thats how it is when you live in Europe. And its the exact same time every single day.

Similar hap's on Hawaiian Time. Learned to avoid it. Patience. :)