PDA

View Full Version : I feel odd.

Todd J
09-14-2006, 12:11 PM
For the past few days I have very weird. I feel as though I have done something wrong and I am waiting for the punishment/penalty to come to me for it. I can not explain it and its making me feel awful. My brain won't stop racing. It's like a guilty feeling. Does anyone ever feel like this and if so, how do you come out of it. It depressing.

Fred Adelman
09-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Demerol.

Matt A
09-14-2006, 12:22 PM
For the past few days I have very weird. I feel as though I have done something wrong and I am waiting for the punishment/penalty to come to me for it. I can not explain it and its making me feel awful. My brain won't stop racing. It's like a guilty feeling. Does anyone ever feel like this and if so, how do you come out of it. It depressing.

I've been dealing with the same issues, in particular the racing thoughts. The book I've been reading suggests the following:

1) In a dark, quiet room sit upright with your spine straight and eyes shut, but not tight. You shouldn't be forcing it.

2) Feel the weight of your body and pay attention to your space - how parts of your body touch what you're sitting on, etc.

3) Begin scanning your body for stress points. Try to relax those areas. Begin breathing deep and slow, trying to empty your mind while concentrating on your breath (this is harder than it sounds).

4) Tell yourself, "Resistence is pain" and "I don't need to hold on to this stress". Imagine that every breath in is purifying and every breath out is an expulsion of all the junk in your head.

If this doesn't work listen to some metal. :p

Jeremy Wallace
09-14-2006, 12:27 PM
I have been feeling kinda depressed. (I have discussed these feeling on this board before).

I have extreme anxiety about my children. I walk from room to room at night like a nervous dog sometimes, checking on my kids.

It is driving me crazy!

Am I crazy? Have I said way too much?

Frank Estrada
09-14-2006, 12:39 PM
This board is full of nutcases.

Fact.

Jeremy C.
09-14-2006, 12:46 PM
http://www.uncletaz.com/marijuana/marigallery/yellow.gif

Clint C
09-14-2006, 01:13 PM
That's my medicine.

Jeremy Wallace
09-14-2006, 01:14 PM
I have randoms.

Shaun C
09-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Stand in a feild at night and look at the stars.

Matt A
09-14-2006, 01:27 PM
I have been feeling kinda depressed. (I have discussed these feeling on this board before).

I have extreme anxiety about my children. I walk from room to room at night like a nervous dog sometimes, checking on my kids.

It is driving me crazy!

Am I crazy? Have I said way too much?

You're a good parent is all.

Jeremy Wallace
09-14-2006, 01:32 PM
You're a good parent is all.

Thanks bud.

I appreciate that.

Mike Brown
09-14-2006, 01:51 PM
http://www.uncletaz.com/marijuana/marigallery/yellow.gif

My usual cure as well, but even it sometimes can cause me anxiety... a weird sort of "uncomfortable in my body" feeling.

Ian Jane
09-14-2006, 01:59 PM
My usual cure as well, but even it sometimes can cause me anxiety... a weird sort of "uncomfortable in my body" feeling.

It used to make me really paranoid, which is part of the reason I don't touch it any more. I was feeling really moody last month, getting angry for no reason (which is VERY unlike me) and being crabby with my wife at times - the weird thing was I realized I was doing it, I just wasn't able to figure out why. Shortly after that I lost my grandfather which just put me in even weirder place as he'd been staying with us on vacation a few weeks prior. It's almost as if my mind was somehow preparing me for it before it happened, I dunno. It was odd. A month later and I'm back to my normal self and reasonably chipper about things that were bothering me and life in general. I attribute that to having some pretty serious heart to heart's with my wife and opening up to her about things and getting it off my chest. It helps to talk about things with someone you trust, a spouse or friend or partner or whatever.

Scott Ruhl
09-14-2006, 02:07 PM
It used to make me really paranoid, which is part of the reason I don't touch it any more. I was feeling really moody last month, getting angry for no reason (which is VERY unlike me) and being crabby with my wife at times - the weird thing was I realized I was doing it, I just wasn't able to figure out why. Shortly after that I lost my grandfather which just put me in even weirder place as he'd been staying with us on vacation a few weeks prior. It's almost as if my mind was somehow preparing me for it before it happened, I dunno. It was odd. A month later and I'm back to my normal self and reasonably chipper about things that were bothering me and life in general. I attribute that to having some pretty serious heart to heart's with my wife and opening up to her about things and getting it off my chest. It helps to talk about things with someone you trust, a spouse or friend or partner or whatever.

My Grampa just passed away a week ago today. I'm a regular nutter anyways but have been feeling really down about everything lately. Money, Love and Life are freaking me out a bit too much lately.

Damn sorry to hear about your loss.

Ian Jane
09-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Likewise. It kind of happened out of nowhere and took us by surprise. I've been up and down about it since but the last week things have been getting back to normal for me. It helps to have a healthy distraction, like incessant movie watching or PS2ing!

Oh, and booze.

Lewis G.
09-14-2006, 02:10 PM

You are the voice of wisdom Ian. And kids, he doesn't mean smoke a joint and talk about it in your head. Of course you'll cultivate more anxiety that way.

Howard Farmer
09-14-2006, 02:10 PM
It's normal. Life is pain. Anyone tells you different wants to sell you something. :)

Jeremy Wallace
09-14-2006, 02:11 PM

I have been doing the same thing lately. I have been real short with my wife and my kids. It bothers me. I can not pinpoint the reason for the crabbiness.

Man...I am a fucking crazy ass nutcase psycho! At least that is what it seems like after my posts on this board over the last month or so. What the Hell is going on? I need meds!

Based on what is going on in my life currently, I shold be the happiest guy in the world! I am a weirdo!

Clint C
09-14-2006, 02:13 PM
It helps to talk about things with someone you trust, a spouse or friend or partner or whatever.
Indeed. A few months ago I was experiencing some anxiety (which had never happened to me before). I thought it would go away, but it didn't. When I finally told my wife everything I was going through, it was a huge relief.

Jeremy Wallace
09-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Indeed. A few months ago I was experiencing some anxiety (which had never happened to me before). I thought it would go away, but it didn't. When I finally told my wife everything I was going through, it was a huge relief.

I need to do that.

Mike Brown
09-14-2006, 02:27 PM

I don't get that paranoia, just a weird, edgy discomfort every once in awhile.

What usually gets to me is waking up at 4 or so in the morning and thinking about shit. That's a very bad time to let things get to you as I've heard the majority of suicides occur then. I don't know if that's true, but it wouldn't surprise me. All the worries seem magnified then. I'll have to give the Ian Miller Way a try. Plus, I really need to have a serious heart to heart with my boss concerning a damn raise!

Jeremy Wallace
09-14-2006, 02:34 PM
I don't get that paranoia, just a weird, edgy discomfort every once in awhile.

What usually gets to me is waking up at 4 or so in the morning and thinking about shit. That's a very bad time to let things get to you as I've heard the majority of suicides occur then. I don't know if that's true, but it wouldn't surprise me. All the worries seem magnified then. I'll have to give the Ian Miller Way a try. Plus, I really need to have a serious heart to heart with my boss concerning a damn raise!

All of my thoughts and worries are magnified at bedtime. If I am laying in bed alone then I think about all kinds of crazy shit and scenarios. I need to have brainless sitcoms on the tube and have my wife or one of my shorties laying with me watching the brainless entertainment. Doing this helps me get my mind off of the stupid shit.

Ian Jane
09-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Seriously, even if you can't pin point exactly what it is that's eating away at you, just getting off your chest the fact that something IS bugging you can help. Talk to someone you're comfortable with about it and let them give you some input or some feedback. My wife was able to sort of get into my head a bit and help me that way when I was going through it, and it did do me a lot of good.

And I was only semi-serious about the booze. From my experience (and granted it differs for everyone) an over abundance of booze doesn't help. I love a good drink but it can act as a depressant, which you definitely don't need. Keeping a clear and unaltered head during downtimes is important. Boozing or doping it up only prolongs it.

Lewis G.
09-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Pot and other drugs dont create anxiety or paranoia, they trigger it. So if you have predispositions, worries and are not completely comfortable with yourself or other issues, recreationnal drugs wont help. Thats why they should stay recreationnal. Talk about your problems, solve them and then have fun kids! Now where's me smack....aaaaaaahhh

Jeremy Wallace
09-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Seriously, even if you can't pin point exactly what it is that's eating away at you, just getting off your chest the fact that something IS bugging you can help. Talk to someone you're comfortable with about it and let them give you some input or some feedback. My wife was able to sort of get into my head a bit and help me that way when I was going through it, and it did do me a lot of good.

And I was only semi-serious about the booze. From my experience (and granted it differs for everyone) an over abundance of booze doesn't help. I love a good drink but it can act as a depressant, which you definitely don't need. Keeping a clear and unaltered head during downtimes is important. Boozing or doping it up only prolongs it.

I have noticed that since these feelings have overcome my emotions that I am boozing it more often. Well, that and my discovery of Belhaven.

Ian Jane
09-14-2006, 02:46 PM
I have noticed that since these feelings have overcome my emotions that I am boozing it more often. Well, that and my discovery of Belhaven.

I have a personality that tends to do the same thing. Things did improve for me when I started easing up on the hooch. Like I said, I can only speak from personal experience and don't want to sound preachy as I detest that, but from my experience, it just prolonged things for me.

Now that I'm happy again, I can booze it up Miller style. ;)

Mike Brown
09-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Pot and other drugs dont create anxiety

Anything that causes a physical reaction can cause anxiety. I'm talking physical anxiety more so than emotional.

Frank Estrada
09-14-2006, 03:09 PM
I bet you all wish you were as dumb as me. I don't think about shit.

I think about getting laid though. And burritos.

Jeremy Wallace
09-14-2006, 03:12 PM
I bet you all wish you were as dumb as me. I don't think about shit.

I think about getting laid though. And burritos.

Frank, you and I are so much a like. WhenI am not thinking of morbid things that may never happen I am thinking of girls and burritos. Burritos (foodtubes) are my favorite food in the whole wide world!

Lewis G.
09-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Anything that causes a physical reaction can cause anxiety. I'm talking physical anxiety more so than emotional.

I should have said that it doesn't usually create it, I was just trying to state that recreationnal drugs and booze can accelerate and/or amplify your anxiety or bad mood. Its just because I know a guy who took drugs and became schizoid after a while, he blamed the dope but the shrink said he had a schizoid predisposition and the drugs triggered it. A lot of people I know also suffered panic crisis for the first time when on drugs. Then they stopped the drugs but were still having issues once in a while. If you are prone to it, drugs might give you the final blow to freak out if you know what I mean.

Fred Adelman
09-14-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm a firm believer that women aren't the only sex that have that "time of the month". Only we don't bleed. I've noticed for the past couple of years that I would get the same way emotionally that everyone has described on this thread. Irritable, uncertain and ready to explode at the drop of a dime. I really don't have anything in my life that should cause it. I get along great with my wife and we can tell each other anything. Both of my parents have been dead for a number of years as are my wife's. My job is also great. So just what is causing my problem? I went to a doctor and he could find nothing wrong. He sent me to a psychiatrist and she told me to write letters to my dead father! Since I never had any problem with my father, I posted a quick retreat from her office. (Why does it always have to be a Mother or Father complex?) It seems that it comes the same time every month. My wife calls it my period. For all I know she may be right.

I blame the additives in food. ;)

Mike Brown
09-14-2006, 03:25 PM
I should have said that it doesn't usually create it, I was just trying to state that recreationnal drugs and booze can accelerate and/or amplify your anxiety or bad mood. Its just because I know a guy who took drugs and became schizoid after a while, he blamed the dope but the shrink said he had a schizoid predisposition and the drugs triggered it. A lot of people I know also suffered panic crisis for the first time when on drugs. Then they stopped the drugs but were still having issues once in a while. If you are prone to it, drugs might give you the final blow to freak out if you know what I mean.

I know where you're coming from Lewis. I agree. State of mind is very important for "mind expanders" in particular. I haven't felt care free enough to enjoy those particular goodies in over a decade!

Lewis G.
09-14-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm a firm believer that women aren't the only sex that have that "time of the month". Only we don't bleed. I've noticed for the past couple of years that I would get the same way emotionally that everyone has described on this thread. Irritable, uncertain and ready to explode at the drop of a dime. I really don't have anything in my life that should cause it. I get along great with my wife and we can tell each other anything. Both of my parents have been dead for a number of years as are my wife's. My job is also great. So just what is causing my problem? I went to a doctor and he could find nothing wrong. He sent me to a psychiatrist and she told me to write letters to my dead father! Since I never had any problem with my father, I posted a quick retreat from her office. (Why does it always have to be a Mother or Father complex?) It seems that it comes the same time every month. My wife calls it my period. For all I know she may be right.

I blame the additives in food. ;)

I think its the routine, always doing the same thing every day. I really think it wouldn't be like this with vacations every month of the year. I would say: do something really different once in while, or something you use to do and dont anymore. Just a change of pace can be really good for mental health.

Scott Ruhl
09-14-2006, 03:40 PM
On drinking & boozing:

I smoke the good shit 24-7-365. I never smoked until I was outta' college, but ever since then it has been my comfort drug. As a little kid I was always a bit hight-strung and full of stress, something no kid should have, and put alot of pressure on myself. Pot helps me to appreciate what's around me and gives me a healthy appetite, (something else I've always struggled with). In the morning, on lunch, after work, on the way to the grocery store, the doctors office, brought it through airports, wherever I go I'm toking up.

Booze on the other hand is something I HAFTA' do in moderation. As much as I would love to be drunk as much as I smoke it has harsher ramifications on the body and soul. Even still I enjoy a good brew or two nightly and am a member of the local micro-brewery Mug Club.

I think it's up to the individual to decide what formula works best for them.

Mike Brown
09-14-2006, 04:01 PM
On drinking & boozing:
brought it through airports, wherever I go I'm toking up.

That scares me. We're flying to Arizona next month, but won't be bringin' my "friend" along. I couldn't deal with the possible ramifications, and would be totally embarrassed and mortified making my wife deal with them.

Ian Jane
09-14-2006, 04:06 PM
I think it's up to the individual to decide what formula works best for them.

Definitely. It's a completely individual choice and preference.

Scott Ruhl
09-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Mike check your PMs.

Frank Estrada
09-14-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm a firm believer that women aren't the only sex that have that "time of the month". Only we don't bleed.

Speak for yourself. I'm flowin' like a river over here! :eek:

Scott Ruhl
09-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Stop sticking your finger up your butt.

Frank Estrada
09-14-2006, 05:30 PM
The finger is there to stop the bleeding.

Don't even get me started on my recent lactation. They call me "Dairy King" 'round here!