PDA

View Full Version : Those stupid Bluetooth headsets.

Frank Estrada
09-14-2006, 10:29 AM
WHY???

Jeremy Wallace
09-14-2006, 10:50 AM
They exist to piss me off.

Scott Ruhl
09-14-2006, 10:54 AM
'Cuz people are fuggin' dorks that's why.

Chuk H
09-14-2006, 10:57 AM
I think they're going for this look...

http://www.theharrowgroup.com/articles/20030526/20030526_files/image012.jpg

mark t
09-14-2006, 11:27 AM
It's funny, because i went on a serious rant about those the other day, and everyone was like, "Why do you hate them? I think they're cool.".

I'm glad that i know you, Frank.

Scott Ruhl
09-14-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't know about yer' alls city but in Chicago cell-phone talking while driving is outlawed and you can get a ticket if a cop sees you, so alot of people have switched over to headsets. Luckily I'm in the South 'burbs where it's okay to still talk on cells while driving, tho' I try not to as much as possible. I see alot of dorks in the 'burbs wearing headsets too. If they ever to decide to make headsets a law while driving where I live I just won't talk at all while I drive.

The annoying thing is people that do all their buisness walking around shopping and shit while on the headsets talking into the air all loud and shit. :rolleyes:

Fred Adelman
09-14-2006, 11:57 AM
I, too, hate them. One time, while standing in line at a department store, I thought some guy behind me was trying to carry a conversation with me. He asked a question and I turned around to answer him when I saw he was talking into a handset. I got extremely pissed off and embarassed at the same time. I felt like ripping the set from his ear and stepping on it. These devices should be outlawed everywhere but in the car. Fucking technology. We are quickly becoming technological cripples, depending on devices instead of our brains.

Todd J
09-14-2006, 12:03 PM
what are you talking about? any examples?

Fred Adelman
09-14-2006, 12:13 PM
what are you talking about? any examples?

Examples:

The camera on the back bumper of new cars so you don't hit the garbage can or another car while backing up. Instead of turning your head to see where you are going, your eyes are fixed on a screen in your dashboard. You only see the narrow view of the camera rather that the peripheral view your eyes give you. Too bad you didn't see that little kid on the back passenger side of your car. He didn't need that leg anyway!

GPS receivers: Great if you're lost but people become too dependent of them for even the most menial of tasks. One of my wife's girlfriends got lost down at the shore because her GPS receiver broke down. The only problem was that she's been down there hundreds of times, but never bothered taking in the landmarks for a visual view. Some people are so stupid they should not be allowed to leave the house.

Just two examples, but I'm sure I could come up with more.

Scott Ruhl
09-14-2006, 12:14 PM
http://www.pdatoday.com/images/uploads/JabraBT250Vb.jpg

http://www.mobilewhack.com/images/nokia_bh_800_bluetooth_headset_fcc.jpg

Todd J
09-14-2006, 12:17 PM
ahhh! yes THOSE things. I saw my friend with one the other day and made sure to tell him how much he looked like a FUCK BAG. Those things are the equivilent of having a strap to hold your glasses on your head.

Frank Estrada
09-14-2006, 12:18 PM
^Idiots.

Cute idiots, but idiots nonetheless.

People leave them in 24/7. That's not cool.

Fred Adelman
09-14-2006, 12:20 PM
I hope they go deaf! They're already dumb.

Scott Ruhl
09-14-2006, 12:21 PM
^Idiots.

Cute idiots, but idiots nonetheless.

I was really trying to find pics of hopeless nerds wearing them but these were the only ones I could find.

Frank Estrada
09-14-2006, 12:23 PM
I hope they cause genital explosions.

Fred Adelman
09-14-2006, 12:25 PM
I hope they cause genital explosions.

I hear they cause brain tumors and sterility.

Tim Young
09-14-2006, 12:27 PM
I have one. Is useful when driving (using a handheld phone is illegal here) and I use it at home a lot, means I can just sit back on the couch and talk rather than having to hold a phone to my ear, which gives me bad arm cramps. Very useful if you are talking to call centres etc. who put you on hold for ages, you can just walk around the house doing stuff until they connect you.

Wostry Ferenc
09-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Chalk me up as someone who hates those slug-like shits (they remind me of the parasites from Shivers.) And as for those girls: they can wear the things while blowing me.

Jeremy C.
09-14-2006, 12:42 PM
http://www.the-allies.com/funny/images/handsfree.jpg

You guys are crazy, Hands Free is cool!

Todd J
09-14-2006, 12:51 PM
HAHAHAHA! that's good.

Clint C
09-14-2006, 01:11 PM
I fucking hate them too.

Damian P
09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
If I wanted to be a cyborg I'd do something more interesting than sticking a phone in my ear and walk around like I have an electronic tumor growing out of my head.

Chad Haden
09-14-2006, 06:09 PM
I fucking hate them

Frank Estrada
09-14-2006, 06:14 PM
He looks like an asshole.

http://www.mrgadget.com.au/catalog/images/sony_ericsson_hbh_660_bluetooth_headset_image.jpg

William R.
09-14-2006, 07:03 PM
I think they look stupid, but the hands free head sets have been around for a while and I've had the supermarket "who the fuck are you talking to, you psycho fuck?" moments with them. I've only seen the blue tooth shits on executive looking dorks, but my irritation with them is limited and trumped by my severe annoyance and desire to crack the skull of anyone I see using or carrying a Nextel walky-talky phone.

Blood boils. Rage building.

Adam C
09-14-2006, 08:09 PM
I hate it when customers ask me questions while they are talking to someone else on their headset.