PDA

View Full Version : Pantera: Behind the Music

Matt A
09-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Watched this over the weekend. I had no idea that the concert at which Dime was killed had been taped and although they didn't show him being shot it was still very disturbing to see that footage. Phil came of as a total fuck, as expected. I thought it was great that Dimebag was buried with one of Eddie Van Halen's guitars.

Anyone else catch this?

Scott Ruhl
09-11-2006, 01:34 PM
No. But I am glad the panty cake ava's are back. Stay pink.

Todd J
09-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah I saw it a few months back. Phil definitely seemed to be a prick.

Thankfully that footage, as upsetting as it is, does not show him get his head blown apart.

check this out:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIXo1kqARfg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIXo1kqARfg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Matt A
09-11-2006, 02:06 PM
That's not footage of him getting shot, is it?

Jeremy Wallace
09-11-2006, 02:29 PM
That's not footage of him getting shot, is it?

No. He is jamming!

Matt A
09-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Okay. Good.

Todd J
09-11-2006, 07:09 PM
no I would never want to see such a thing.

My post was misleading though, and for that I am sorry.

Zane C.
09-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Watched this over the weekend. I had no idea that the concert at which Dime was killed had been taped and although they didn't show him being shot it was still very disturbing to see that footage. Phil came of as a total fuck, as expected. I thought it was great that Dimebag was buried with one of Eddie Van Halen's guitars.

Anyone else catch this?

Yeah, I caught this as well, Matt. It was a well done "Behind The Music" episode, and I found myself listening to some Pantera tracks afterwards, and discovering once again how great their music is. I had always enjoyed Dime's playing before, but the things they mentioned about him made him come off as a nice guy, and made me admire his playing even more. I also thought it was great that he was so good with his fans, and made time for them.

You're right about Phil Anselmo coming off badly - I just couldn't believe he has fallen that far. Mind you, if he's conquered his demons, good for him, but it looks like he's still having some issues yet. I can't really say, as I don't know the guy, but he didn't come off as being nice at all.

I also agree about it being terrible that the concert was being taped. Those poor people didn't even know what was going to happen. It was absolutely tragic, as it certainly didn't need to happen. The world was robbed of a great metal guitarist, and a good guy.

It was also classy of Eddie Van Halen to put his guitar in Dime's casket. EVH showed what kind of a guy he was with that move. I'm not much of a EVH fan, but you can't deny that was one of the most touching things anyone's done for someone who was a fan of theirs.

Bård Haugland
09-12-2006, 09:01 AM
I saw it some weeks ago, if it's the one on Youtube? Very good and touching documentary/thing. Especially when Pantera's cover of Planet Caravan was played while there were pictures of Pantera fans crying.