PDA

View Full Version : Never Forget 9/11/01

Anthony V
09-11-2006, 10:11 AM
God Bless America!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7txqZrHHypE"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7txqZrHHypE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Christoffer S
09-11-2006, 10:19 AM
No, I will never forget this important day in history! After all today was the day that the Scots under William Wallace defeated English troops in the Battle of Stirling Bridge in 1297 and the US backed facist Augusto Pinochet overthrew a democratically elected government in Chile!

Wostry Ferenc
09-11-2006, 10:22 AM
God Bless America!

Well, I don't know about that, but the loss of almost 3000 lives is a horrible thing.

Chad Haden
09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
The loss of several thousand lives is a tragedy no matter what the cause is, chances are it always leads to more innocent blood being shed in the name of "freedom"

Scott Ruhl
09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
American cheese.

Fred Adelman
09-11-2006, 11:45 AM
A horrible day in history. Let's hope that it doesn't repeat itself. Disregarding all the America-bashing, thousands of innocent families lost their foundations on this day and I doubt anyone in the world would like to feel their sense of loss during such a senseless act. It still boggles my mind that people can do this to each other in this day and age.

Jason S
09-11-2006, 11:51 AM
God Bless America!

Isn't he the jerk that got us silly humans into this mess? Why would you ask him for help?

Chad Haden
09-11-2006, 11:51 AM
A horrible day in history. Let's hope that it doesn't repeat itself. Disregarding all the America-bashing, thousands of innocent families lost their foundations on this day and I doubt anyone in the world would like to feel their sense of loss during such a senseless act. It still boggles my mind that people can do this to each other in this day and age.

I agree, it definantly jerked our nation out of it's slumber and we lost some of our innocence that day.

I prefer to think of today as one of my best friend's birthday.

Fred Adelman
09-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Isn't he the jerk that got us silly humans into this mess? Why would you ask him for help?

While I'm an Athiest and wouldn't ask "The Big Guy Upstairs" for anything, I would not begrudge anyone from doing the exact opposite. If we don't have freedom of speech and freedom of religion, what's the point of democracy? It's democracy, Jay, that can let you say that without any reprocussions. I agree that the "My God is better than your God" debate has led to all this destruction, though.

Jason S
09-11-2006, 12:17 PM
While I'm an Athiest and wouldn't ask "The Big Guy Upstairs" for anything, I would not begrudge anyone from doing the exact opposite. If we don't have freedom of speech and freedom of religion, what's the point of democracy? It's democracy, Jay, that can let you say that without any reprocussions. I agree that the "My God is better than your God" debate has led to all this destruction, though.

I wasn't trying to deny anyone their freedom of speech or religion . Was just practicing my freedom of speech and pointing out that the "My God is better than your God" debate is responsible for the WTC horror.

I bite my tongue so much about this topic in "real" life that when I see it on DVD Maniacs....a place I can be myself....I gotta say something.....

Anthony V
09-11-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry.
Wow, if "God Bless America" is that incendiary, then lemme just say, from the bottom of my heart....
America! Fuck Yeah!!!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uao99SN2x_E"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uao99SN2x_E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Frank Estrada
09-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Let's keep this thread cool, or it's going bye-bye. That means you too, Swedish J'oehe.

Scott Ruhl
09-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Let's keep this thread cool, or it's going bye-bye. That means you too, Swedish J'oehe.

They don't teach 9-eleven in Sweder-land.

Christoffer S
09-11-2006, 12:54 PM
They don't teach 9-eleven in Sweder-land.

Fuck yeah we teach it. We say: Dont build houses that are tall, because they are easy targets. This is why we all live in dirt holes in the ground.

William R.
09-11-2006, 12:54 PM
I don't think I'll ever forget since I doubt I'll ever be given a chance to.

Here's to the lives lost and all my friends fighting for theirs.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9496/180pxhulkamericacm5.jpg

Justin Frank
09-11-2006, 12:55 PM
God Bless America.

Jason S
09-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Edited****Attemping to show tact......

Ian Jane
09-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Guys, show some freakin' tact here, would you? A lot of people died in this event and to trivialize it with smart ass remarks is in really bad taste. Keep the jabs out of this or I'll lock the thread.

Chad Haden
09-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Oh for fucks sake, look I don't care if you worship God, Allah, Buddha, Ganesh, Col. Sanders or your dad's old moose head hunting trophy. Lots of fucked up things have been done in the name of religion throughout history, but lots of good shit's been done too.

Not all Muslims are terrorists, not all Christians are bible beating bombers. You're always gonna have people who take it too far and fuck it up for everybody.

William R.
09-11-2006, 01:09 PM
The Chad is on a change the world kick know that he's going to be an uncle. :D

Seriously, I've got my problems with 9/11 and it has to do with the media and the fuckers responsible. As I said before, one for the fallen and one for those trying to stand up.

:hugs:

Shaun C
09-11-2006, 01:13 PM
The black boxes from the planes were destroyed in the carnage, yet they found passports of so called highjackers, who are apparantly, many of which are living in other parts of the world quite happily. Why was the evidence so quickly shipped off out of the country.? No plane remains were ever found in the white house, or the feild, where the other plane went down. The twin towers were pulled down by controlled explosives. America did this to it's own people, to shock them, and put fear into them, to get justification in going to Afganistan and Iraq and no doubt other middle east countries to kill further innocent people and occupy their land and take their oil. The American government are liers, and the true terrorist's. God bless this world, not just America.

Chad Haden
09-11-2006, 01:16 PM
The Chad is on a change the world kick know that he's going to be an uncle. :D

Nah, I've been on this kick since I was 11 and somebody hipped me to how the world really is. :D

Just seems to me if people weren't so fuckin closed minded, the world would be a much cooler place...but that's never gonna happen cause needless bloodshed's been going on since cavemen figured out how to make clubs.

Chad Haden
09-11-2006, 01:17 PM
The black boxes from the planes were destroyed in the carnage, yet they found passports of so called highjackers, who are apparantly, many of which are living in other parts of the world quite happily. Why was the evidence so quickly shipped off out of the country.? No plane remains were ever found in the white house, or the feild, where the other plane went down. The twin towers were pulled down by controlled explosives. America did this to it's own people, to shock them, and put fear into them, to get justification in going to Afganistan and Iraq and no doubt other middle east countries to kill further innocent people and occupy their land and take their oil. The American government are liers, and the true terrorist's. God bless this world, not just America.

And with that, the thread gets locked

Richard C
09-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth...

Justin Frank
09-11-2006, 01:20 PM
This is ridiculous. Lock it, please.

Bill Pissott
09-11-2006, 01:29 PM
I think the mods need to do a bit better job at locking that back door at night considering the kinds of creeps that find their way in here.

Shaun C
09-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Freedom of speach. I thought this was a democracy!

William R.
09-11-2006, 01:31 PM
The second plane done hit the tower.

I love the internet.

My old man told me my mother woke up crying today. I sware to whatever god you believe in if I lived up there still and some jack ass went on about a black box Justin Frank would have to pull me off him.

UFOCIACONSPIRACYOMGWTF!911N3V3R4G3T!

Ray Kanne
09-11-2006, 01:33 PM

You can't have a god bless america thread without people sharing their thoughts for or against. If this little conspiracy theory post shuts down this thread than maybe that's a good thing. It's biased towards people not from America anyway and should be shut down just for that. I think it was a tragedy that those 3000 people died, but not because they were christians or Americans. I would bet 3000 people die from starvation and wars every week. The couple of tsunamis we'we had the past couple of years probably killed at least 3000 (I don't keep count of tragedies). It's still a big tragedy for all the families who lost their loved ones but like I say people get killed in wars everywhere all the time and of starvation etc. so I wouldn't say it's new or unique in any way. And I think you (Americans in general) should try to forget. Not totally forget it all together, it's going to be there in the history books, but let it rest already. Let down the guard a bit.

William R.
09-11-2006, 01:33 PM

It is, but there is a time and a place for everything and this board neither has that time nor is it that place. Especially today.

You can't have a god bless america thread without people sharing their thoughts for or against.

I didn't think this was a god bless america thread. Bash america all you want, but that's political and has no business here (whether I agree or not).

I loves ya Ray, but I thought this thread was initially designed to honor those fallen. Americans, Canadians, Italians, whoever the hell. Not a flag waving pissing contest. I could be wrong.

Jeremy Wallace
09-11-2006, 01:34 PM
People lost their lives. That saddens me.

Bill Pissott
09-11-2006, 01:37 PM
You don't like America? Who fucking cares?

America is evil? Yeah, whatever!

You don't respect America? Big fucking deal!

At least respect the moderators wish that threads like these are not part of the Maniacs landscape. I mean, if you can't respect such a nice guy like Ian enough to refrain from this bullshit like he has asked, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Ian Jane
09-11-2006, 01:38 PM

It's not. Keep your politics off the board. It's posted plainly in the terms and conditions and it really isn't all that hard.