PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday I Will Be at the FLaming Lips Show!

Kyle Bachman
09-10-2006, 11:31 PM
I finally get to go see the FLips in Dallas on Saturday. I believe Matisyahu will be opening (at least I hope he will be opening. I'd be rather upset with the FLips if they were opening for him). I'm excited as shit! Anyone else a fan of the FLips?

Josh S
09-10-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm very, very new to them but I do enjoy everything I've heard and "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" may be my favorite song ever.

Dallas? I thought you lived in Chicago.

Jason Allen
09-10-2006, 11:50 PM
I love them, and I'm envious. I've never seen them live 'cept on TV and that jus' don't count.

William R.
09-11-2006, 01:08 AM
One of the best bands on the planet. The punks took acid!

Enjoy the show.

Kyle Bachman
09-11-2006, 01:12 AM
I'm very, very new to them but I do enjoy everything I've heard and "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" may be my favorite song ever.

Dallas? I thought you lived in Chicago.nah. I was born in Illinois (Rockford, to be exact). I moved to Dallas quite a few years ago. I generally say I'm from Illinois because I still have that pizza loving, wop dago attitude I was born with that is so uncommon in Dallas. anyways, yeah.... I can't wait to see these guys. I've heard that they're giving out laser lights to the audience, and we create our own laser show. How nuts is that?!?!?!

John G.
09-11-2006, 10:09 AM
I love their 80s stuff... haven't ventured into their new stuff yet.

Kyle Bachman
09-11-2006, 10:37 AM
I love them, and I'm envious. I've never seen them live 'cept on TV and that jus' don't count. where did you see them on TV? I remember watching a broadcast of Austin City Limits last year. I'm really pissed because I missed ACL this year too, and I believe Tom Petty, Ween and the Flips will be there, as well as a fuckload of other great bands. anyone making the move to Austin for the 3 days?

Kyle Bachman
09-17-2006, 02:06 PM
THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!

I didn't get pictures, unfortunately (BOO!) but both bands put on an awesome show, The Flaming Lips kicking all sorts of ass and closing with A Spoonful Weighs a Ton (one of my favorites). After the show I got to meet and talk with the band. they were by far some of the nicest guys I have ever met.

Alright, 5 hours of sleep says it's time for more. talk to you guys later.

William R.
09-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Odd as this may sound coming from me, this is one of the only bands I'd consider following around like the Dead in that each show is amazing to watch and totally worth the trip. They were one of the few bands I'd see as many times as possible when they came around.

You probably have already, but if you haven't, Kyle, do yourself a favor and run out and buy THE FEARLESS FREAKS dvd. It's a great film.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2231/wctimrothah6.jpg
wayne. you've got red on you.

Paul Chenault
09-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Fearless Freaks is a great DVD. I recommend it to any fan of their music. It's pretty comprehensive.

Jason Allen
09-18-2006, 02:00 AM
where did you see them on TV? I remember watching a broadcast of Austin City Limits last year. I'm really pissed because I missed ACL this year too, and I believe Tom Petty, Ween and the Flips will be there, as well as a fuckload of other great bands. anyone making the move to Austin for the 3 days?
I saw them play the song from the SpongeBob movie on Conan O'Brien, and I caught them on ACL just as it was ending. A Spoonful Weighs a Ton is one my favorites, too. To think, I totally dismissed these gues as total jokes with that Vasoline song. Then I hear The Soft Bulletin and that strightened me out with a quickness. Excellent band. Glad you got to see them.