PDA

View Full Version : My homeboy was interviewed on AICN! Read it!

Frank Estrada
09-09-2006, 09:20 AM
My friend Philip is an editor at Dark Horse comics, and he was recently interviewed on Ain't It Cool News. In the interview, he talks about being an editor, and working on manga among other things. His interview is about halfway down the page. I know there are lots of comics fans on here, and Philip is a good friend of ours, so check it out! And buy some Dark Horse and Dark Manga books!

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24422

Ian Jane
09-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Miller and I had beers with Philthy Phil last night and he mentioned the interview. Good for him. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. He's the man.

Adam C
09-09-2006, 03:55 PM
DH is the best, I buy more of their stuff than any other publisher. I'm not really into manga but I have read some of what they've published over here like Samurai Executioner.

William R.
09-09-2006, 04:09 PM
I've been boycotting AICN longer than youtube, but I'll read it for you Frank.

Just for you!

Frank Estrada
09-09-2006, 04:13 PM
What the fuck is with you and your political agenda? Since when did you give a fuck about anything? :D

William R.
09-09-2006, 04:19 PM
AICN just annoys my eyes with their "I don't make tons of money, so my page still looks like shit. I'm one step above Geocities! See! No animated skull gifs! It's a joke. Get it?!" Plus Harry Knowles is fat.

Youtube is just flat out annoying, but it's been getting relegated.

Don't get me started on Ebaum's World.

I'm the fucking internet police when I don't have my breakfast.

I'd rather drink J├Ąger with Nazis than share a room with Harry Knowles watching old MTV videos on You Tube.

Or eat some hashbrowns with my bare hands while being made fun off noticibly behind my back by Mr. Popoid.

Frank Estrada
09-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Well, I don't trust Popoid and/or Steve Rocco.

William R.
09-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Steve Rocco could skate though. He get's some slack. Unless you're talking about the Kaufman guy. Was that the same dude? Conspiracies freak my nards, man.

Frank Estrada
09-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Steve Rocco could skate back in the day, but when he started World Industries, his global domination agenda became a tad too obvious.

He did bring Daewon to the world, though. Dude, do you have that Cheese And Crackers dvd with him and Haslam skating a miniramp? It's off the higgity!

William R.
09-09-2006, 04:49 PM
That's the Almost video right? Yea. It's off the chain, I saw parts of it beforew Wassup Rockers!

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7615/daewon2lpr1.th.jpg (http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=daewon2lpr1.jpg)

Frank Estrada
09-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Was that movie any good? There's some Portland peeps in that shit.

William R.
09-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Wassup Rockers? I started a thread in General Discussion. If you mean Cheese and Crackers, from what I saw it was damn good. But I was helping put things away while it was on.

Frank Estrada
09-09-2006, 05:24 PM
I was talking about Wassup Rockers, I'll check out da tred.