PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell was a fucking disaster

Josh S
09-03-2006, 02:04 AM
Never again, people. Never again.

Horace Cordier
09-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Taco Bell is to Mexican food what Little Caesars is to quality pizza.

A crime against humanity.

What the hell were you thinking man? I'm guessing you are on the toilet right about now - and not feeling too good.

William R.
09-03-2006, 02:28 AM
I got too many places that offer real mexican food. Kind of negates Taco Hell and their kangaroo meat chalupas.

Horace Cordier
09-03-2006, 02:39 AM
I got too many places that offer real mexican food. Kind of negates Taco Hell and their kangaroo meat chalupas.

I suppose if your in the middle of nowhere and there's no real Mexican around I could understand it.

But Taco Bell is here in NYC and this is a town where if you walk 8 blocks in any direction you can get good cheapo authentic Mexican.

Yet Taco Bell stays in business here. I just don't get it.

Worst case of the shits I ever had in my life was from friggin' Taco Bell. I had a cousin in from Virginia and that whitebread fool FORCED me to take him there. I ate a damn chalupa and was passing burning chunky brown acid for HOURS.

I still break out in a cold sweat at the mere mention of that hellhole of a fast food chain.

William R.
09-03-2006, 02:45 AM
Yet Taco Bell stays in business here. I just don't get it.

I live in bumfuck, at least to me it is, but I suppose the Taco Bell is in business because there's a college in town over the bridge. Still there's Mexican joints out the ass around here. Staffed by real Mexicans too. I'm an asshole when it comes to that. Don't take me to a Chinese restaurant ran by Italians or other some such mix up. I'm not having it.

Taco Bell in Texas? No excuses there. None.

Marshall Crist
09-03-2006, 04:12 AM
C'mon. Taco Bell is THE primo cure for constipation. And it goes down so smoov.

Tom K
09-03-2006, 05:08 AM
The only time I will ever eat Taco Bell is when I am drunk...I have never eaten it sober...

I also refuse to eat at other so called Mexican chains (ie Chiptole, Don Pablo's, etc.)

Problem is, in my area, we have authentic Mexican places, but they close like way early...never made sense to me...

Todd J
09-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Not one single authentic Mexican place around me (that I have found). Just some chain called ON THE BORDER that is Tex Mex. Closest thing...sad...I need to move out of the sticks.

Tim Young
09-03-2006, 08:32 AM
I got a mexican resteraunt here, and I live in England!

I'm going to have to come over to America some time to experience all these crazy fast-food chains. :cool:

Chad Haden
09-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Good, I hope it gave you the mudbutt. I was in the middle of telling you an important story.

Bill Pissott
09-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Loooooooove me some Taco Bell!

Josh S
09-03-2006, 10:57 AM
I was referring to the service, not the food. I don't mind the food, and it's never made me sick.

Adam C
09-03-2006, 11:37 AM
There was a Taco Bell around here that had really horrible service.

Someone burned it to the ground.

Kyle Bachman
09-03-2006, 12:34 PM
The only time I will ever eat Taco Bell is when I am drunk...I have never eaten it sober...

I also refuse to eat at other so called Mexican chains (ie Chiptole, Don Pablo's, etc.)

Problem is, in my area, we have authentic Mexican places, but they close like way early...never made sense to me...yeah, like that one in rockford by the old Chuck E. Cheese. I still have no idea how Chuck E. Cheese stays in business. There's a pretty good Tacos y Tortas type place off of Mulford that I saw when I was in town over the summer. It was pretty fuckin' good.

Adolph L.
09-03-2006, 12:54 PM
i eat taco bell occasionally, but im used to that kind of food. im mexican. anyways, its americanized mexican food. i never seen a mexican eat sour cream in there tacos.

BobG
09-03-2006, 01:40 PM
the Bell is American Mexican fast food...I don't mind it (it's the cheapest place I can go for my lunch break), but is there any major fast food chain that actually provides good food (not just tasty, but like...it won't kill you)?

Ray Kanne
09-03-2006, 03:14 PM
i eat taco bell occasionally, but im used to that kind of food. im mexican. anyways, its americanized mexican food. i never seen a mexican eat sour cream in there tacos.
I always try to tell people that mexicans don't water down their food with sour cream but noone ever listens to me. We don't have Taco Bell over here but we have a place called 'Mexico' that serves the same poor excuse for mexican food. The local 'Mexico' is managed by Croatians.

Adolph L.
09-03-2006, 08:12 PM
isnt it weird how taco bell is run by blacks or kfc is run by mexicans, asian chow is run by indians (who look chinese)?

Frank Estrada
09-03-2006, 08:16 PM
All the cajun places at the mall are run by Chinese girls, it seems. I see a lot of Mexican's workin' at El Bell. It's funny - there is a great taqueria by my house, and it's right next to a Taco Bell. It's way cheaper, the food is bigger, and it tastes a million times better... but the Taco Bell always has way more people there. I'm fine with that, though.

Jeremy Wallace
09-03-2006, 08:42 PM
We have a fantastic authentic Mexican joint by my house and we go there quite a bit. But I do still like Taco Bell even if it is "Americanized" it is still good.

Bill Pissott
09-03-2006, 08:48 PM
The one thing I miss about my last job is that it had a Taco Bell right near it. I lived at that place during lunch hour :)

Chad Haden
09-03-2006, 09:13 PM
We have a fantastic authentic Mexican joint by my house and we go there quite a bit. But I do still like Taco Bell even if it is "Americanized" it is still good.

Is that the place we went? It was good

Missy_K
09-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Honestly, fellas, I have yet to have problems with Taco Bell food. (Well, in the sense that it upsets my stomach...) I guess I am just lucky. Some of their menu is good for what it is. Luckily, a lot of authentic Mexican places are opening up in my area like crazy. Mexican is definately my favorite food and I guess I have a solid stomach. lol

Josh S
09-03-2006, 11:42 PM
the Bell is American Mexican fast food...I don't mind it (it's the cheapest place I can go for my lunch break), but is there any major fast food chain that actually provides good food (not just tasty, but like...it won't kill you)?

Subway and Schlotzky's.

BobG
09-03-2006, 11:50 PM
yeah, you're right about Subway, if you avoid the bacon-y, cheesey items on the menu. I love the fact that they're owned by a company called Doctor's Associates (or something like that). What's Schlotzky's?

Josh S
09-03-2006, 11:54 PM
What's Schlotzky's?

http://www.schlotzskys.com/

It is fuckin awesome.

Fred Adelman
09-03-2006, 11:58 PM
http://www.schlotzskys.com/

It is fuckin awesome.

We don't have Schlotsky's here in our part of Jersey, but we do have Subway. Absolutely the worst and thinnest sandwiches I have ever eaten. And they give me the Hershey Squirts. I think it's the mayo they use. They are worse than Domino's Fudgems. I'm still trying to get over that travesty disguised as a snack cake.

Josh S
09-04-2006, 12:03 AM
We don't have Schlotsky's here in our part of Jersey, but we do have Subway. Absolutely the worst and thinnest sandwiches I have ever eaten. And they give me the Hershey Squirts. I think it's the mayo they use. They are worse than Domino's Fudgems. I'm still trying to get over that travesty disguised as a snack cake.

Subway doesn't compete with a real deli, but as far as fast food chains it's near the top.

Fred Adelman
09-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Subway doesn't compete with a real deli, but as far as fast food chains it's near the top.

I like Wendy's better. Their chicken and burgers are better than most and it doesn't upset my stomach. Luckily, my wife makes most dinners so we don't eat out at junk food places much. I do eat out for lunch a lot but it's usually at diners. The Greeks sure know how to cook!

Josh S
09-04-2006, 12:11 AM
I like Wendy's because they're vegetables don't taste like they've been sitting out all week. Overall, though, I like Whataburger best.

Fred Adelman
09-04-2006, 12:12 AM
I like Wendy's because they're vegetables don't taste like they've been sitting out all week. Overall, though, I like Whataburger best.

You're naming all these places that don't exist by me. Stop it! I'm getting hungry! :D

Josh S
09-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I knew Whataburger was regional. I could've sworn Schlotzky's was everywhere, though.

Bill Pissott
09-04-2006, 12:15 AM
I still have no idea how Chuck E. Cheese stays in business.

The children man, the children. They flock to that place like bees to honey. I think they survice because of all the kids having b'day parties there and the revenue they get from the arcade section they have as opposed to how good their pizza is.

Fred Adelman
09-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I knew Whataburger was regional. I could've sworn Schlotzky's was everywhere, though.

There's none here in North Jersey that I'm aware of. I looked at their web site. I wish they were. We do have a Quizno's that just opened up about 15 minutes away. Oven toasted subs. Yummmmm! Can't eat them all the time though. I would pack on 10 pounds a week if I did,

Chad Haden
09-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Quizno's bites

Josh S
09-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Quizno's is wack. Once Subway got the toaster, Quizno's had no draw. But Shlotzky's shits on both.

Fred Adelman
09-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Quizno's bites

Is that a new menu item? :D Some of their sandwiches are good and I'll admit that some of them are bad (and soggy). Depends on what you like.

Chad Haden
09-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Everything I've ever had at Quizno's has given me horrible indigestion.

I'm with Stuckasaurus Rex, Schlotzsky's fucking rules. Why? Because like most great things (Big Red, Willie Nelson, Me) it started in Texas

Fred Adelman
09-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Everything I've ever had at Quizno's has given me horrible indigestion.

I'm with Stuckasaurus Rex, Schlotzsky's fucking rules. Why? Because like most great things (Big Red, Willie Nelson, Me) it started in Texas

It sounds like it started in Poland, not in Texas! It's amazing how food affects people differently. My wife cannot eat at Wendy's but loves Subway. I'm the exact opposite. That's why we eat at good restaurants when we go out. Can't go wrong with filet mignon and 3 lb. lobsters.

William R.
09-04-2006, 01:10 AM
Hmm. There's a Schlotzsky's here. I might have to give it a go tomorrow. I'm not too big on "fast" anything except for White Castle when I'm high or drunk. Bojangles is decent though, Checkers got a slammin' chicken sammich.

I usually just skip fast food and eat at the not so fast, but still fast enough restaurant chains if I can't find a deli or a parlor down here. Like Chili's or O'Charleys.

I really do miss all my chicken shacks. It really depresses me. :(

Chad Haden
09-04-2006, 01:14 AM
Bojangles has some good-ass sweet tea

Josh S
09-04-2006, 01:20 AM
What the hell is Bojangles?

Chad Haden
09-04-2006, 01:24 AM
What the hell is Bojangles?

It's like Popeye's or a less awesome Church's

Church's biscuts > all other biscuts

Josh S
09-04-2006, 01:27 AM
I like Popeye's crawfish, but that's pretty much it. For chicken I go KFC or Hartz. I'm scared of Church's because the one where I grew up was like a crack den, only dirtier.

Josh S
09-04-2006, 01:29 AM
Oh, and of course Timmy Chan's. 6 fried wings or 20 hot wings and 2 lbs of fried rice for $5 is what's up.

William R.
09-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Church's rules. There was one near where I used to live in Jersey. Good eats.

Bojangles cracks me up because everytime I go in I expect to see a black man tapdancing up to the counter to take my order.

Chad Haden
09-04-2006, 01:37 AM
That's what I thought the first time I went to one when I lived in Charleston

Fred C. Dobbs
09-04-2006, 01:39 AM
I was always scared of how "dirty rice" sounded as a kid.

Frank Estrada
09-04-2006, 02:18 AM
All y'all need to learn how to cook! Fuck all this fast food nonsense!

Fred Adelman
09-04-2006, 02:20 AM

Frank:

We've all seen pictures of the inside of your refrigerator. Who do you think you're kidding? :D

Chad Haden
09-04-2006, 02:20 AM
I can cook incredibly well, I'm just lazy :(

William R.
09-04-2006, 02:21 AM

Don't lump me in with the not knowing how to cook crowd, bucko. I'm fuckin' Emeril over here.

Sometimes I gets lazy.

Josh S
09-04-2006, 02:21 AM
I don't have sex with Emeril, but I can cook.

Frank Estrada
09-04-2006, 02:24 AM
Frank:

We've all seen pictures of the inside of your refrigerator. Who do you think you're kidding? :D

I don't store food, I cook it!

William R.
09-04-2006, 02:25 AM
I don't have sex with Emeril, but I can cook.

You're missing out on the essence.

BAM!

Frank Estrada
09-04-2006, 02:25 AM
Don't lump me in with the not knowing how to cook crowd, bucko. I'm fuckin' Emeril over here.

Sometimes I gets lazy.

I know, you taught me how to make burn rice. I just like generalizing because it's easier than actually thinking, plus it pisses more people off.

Fred Adelman
09-04-2006, 02:26 AM
I don't store food, I cook it!

Riiigghhtt! And do you wash it down with Mr. Pib?

Josh S
09-04-2006, 02:26 AM
You're missing out on the essence.

BAM!

That made me chuckle, William. It also made me want to watch FUTURAMA when I go to bed.

Frank Estrada
09-04-2006, 02:27 AM

I don't know that guy. :confused:

Jeremy Wallace
09-04-2006, 11:26 AM
I like Wendy's better. Their chicken and burgers are better than most and it doesn't upset my stomach. Luckily, my wife makes most dinners so we don't eat out at junk food places much. I do eat out for lunch a lot but it's usually at diners. The Greeks sure know how to cook!

Wendys have been shutting down all around my area. We have one left.

Adam C
09-04-2006, 01:17 PM
That would suck I love me some Wendys.

All the Dairy Queens in my area got shut down because the owner was using them as a front to sell drugs. Drug dealing son a bitch pissed me off!

Josh S
09-04-2006, 02:54 PM
All the Dairy Queens in my area got shut down because the owner was using them as a front to sell drugs. Drug dealing son a bitch pissed me off!

I haven't been to DQ in ages. That's another filthy spot. I want one of those new chili burgers, though. Mmmmm....heart attack on a bun.

Tom K
09-04-2006, 07:25 PM

Or tomatoes, or lettuce, or cheese...

Onions and cilantro is where it's at!!!!

Josh S
09-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Or tomatoes, or lettuce, or cheese...

Maybe it's a regional thing in Mexico, becasuse I've got Mexican in-laws and they use alot of all that.

Frank Estrada
09-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Cheese is life.

Horace Cordier
09-04-2006, 10:16 PM

Watch it with the Mr. Pibb (thats 2 b's man) cracks. I have that shit FLOWN in because they don't sell it around here.

I will admit I cannot cook to save my life (even with Frank's detailed instructions I'm hopeless).

Kraft Mac and Cheese and Ramen Pride noodles are the limit of my pathetic abilities.

Fred Adelman
09-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Watch it with the Mr. Pibb (thats 2 b's man) cracks. I have that shit FLOWN in because they don't sell it around here.

I will admit I cannot cook to save my life (even with Frank's detailed instructions I'm hopeless).

Kraft Mac and Cheese and Ramen Pride noodles are the limit of my pathetic abilities.

There's a reason why they don't sell it around here (with or without the extra b). It causes spontaneous outbreaks of vigilantiesm. And the ability to make you a kitchen retard.

Chad Haden
09-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Maybe it's a regional thing in Mexico, becasuse I've got Mexican in-laws and they use alot of all that.

I dunno, I grew up in Dallas and all the Texicans and Mexicans I knew ate cheese on their shit.

Frank Estrada
09-04-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is my connection with Mr. Pibb!

Fred Adelman
09-04-2006, 11:30 PM

Fess up, Frank. You know you like it.

Frank Estrada
09-04-2006, 11:33 PM
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9571/h1jc8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Horace Cordier
09-04-2006, 11:40 PM

There is none - its just Frederick jerking off the thread on another nonsensical tangent.

No matter, looks like you waved him off for now with little Arnold.

Fred Adelman
09-04-2006, 11:59 PM
There is none - its just Frederick jerking off the thread on another nonsensical tangent.

No matter, looks like you waved him off for now with little Arnold.

I'm not going off on a tangent, Horace. I have photographic proof. Below is a picture of the inside of Frank's fridge:

Frank Estrada
09-05-2006, 12:02 AM
That's just wrong.

And... wrong.

Josh S
09-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Word up to Sriracha!

Fred Adelman
09-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Hey. I'm just trying to stretch a one-note thread to the breaking point. I think I'm doing a pretty good job. :rolleyes:

Frank Estrada
09-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Look at all the calcium I'm getting! Two things of milk, cheese, fuckin' ranch dressing...

Fred Adelman
09-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Look at all the calcium I'm getting! Two things of milk, cheese, fuckin' ranch dressing...

......and Mr. Pibb!

Frank Estrada
09-05-2006, 12:14 AM
It does a body good.

Josh S
09-05-2006, 12:35 AM
I just ate a pack of cream cheese. I think I'm gonna be sick.

Tom K
09-05-2006, 01:39 AM

Very well could be...Most of the real Mexican places I go, they will ask you preference...If none, and you get a steak taco (carne asada) it will just be onions and cilantro...

Josh S
09-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Very well could be...Most of the real Mexican places I go, they will ask you preference...If none, and you get a steak taco (carne asada) it will just be onions and cilantro...

It usually, at least in my experience, depends on how they prepare the meat. If they cook it with onions and peppers then it'll most likely just be that in a tortilla. But if the meat is cooked by itself there's cheese with it. I've never seen carne asada served with cheese. But if you just got a steak taco there'd most likely be cheese. The chicken tacos I get at Fiesta are just chicken, peppers and onions.

Ian Miller
09-05-2006, 12:35 PM
......and Mr. Pibb!

That is one big can of Pibb!

Josh S
09-05-2006, 01:11 PM
That is one big can of Pibb!

Frank aint no half-ass Pibb drinker.

Lester L.
09-06-2006, 02:33 AM
It usually, at least in my experience, depends on how they prepare the meat. If they cook it with onions and peppers then it'll most likely just be that in a tortilla. But if the meat is cooked by itself there's cheese with it. I've never seen carne asada served with cheese. But if you just got a steak taco there'd most likely be cheese. The chicken tacos I get at Fiesta are just chicken, peppers and onions.

Taquerias 'round here typically just have meat, salsa, onion and cilantro on the tacos, and radishes and lime on the side. Deluxe Burritos typically have all of the above + lettuce, cheese, beans, rice and sour cream.

Except Muchas Greasyass, they fry their taco shells and put lettuce and cheese on 'em. MMMmmmm

and they're 24 horas, think I'll go get some.

Mike Brown
09-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Two things I just don't get about my lovely wife: Her taste for Taco Hell and... Family Guy. :D

Josh S
09-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Two things I just don't get about my lovely wife: Her taste for Taco Hell and... Family Guy. :D

Ah, FAMILY GUY. As I told Iron Haden a couple weeks ago, I think it's a funny show with horrible writers.