PDA

View Full Version : My mom is sending a bunch of old crap...

William R.
09-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Fred finds a box of tapes and my mother finds boxes of my crap in the attic she wants to get rid of to make room for my sisters crap. Among them old football jerseys, a bunch of vhs tapes (which should be interesting to comb through) crap from Germany, cleats, pictures from Motol hospital in Prague, letters, a bottle of what looks to be unopened homemade Jamaican rum (for science I will drink!), an old pair of Reefs, a starter jacket that I don't think has fit me since grade school, and a lot more.

First box she sent with a letter describing all the crap they found, but all that was in this box were a few shirts from years ago, floppy disks (!!!), a Kid Koala cd, a bunch of blank cassette tapes, foreign money I should cash in for $$$, and a Soundgarden 7" on milk white vinyl (how does all this crap end up in the same boxes)....

Old as shit....

http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/7733/shirt4ec4.jpg
NYHC and Buddyhead. Two great tastes that taste great together.

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/2043/shirt2jl5.jpg
Alien Workshop is behind it all

http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/7029/shirt5ab9.jpg
Platanos no son amarillo!!

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/551/shirt1lx7.jpg
I still dig this one

Not as crazy as getting an old sweater from 4th grade or those winter gloves that changed color in the snow, but amusing to me. Has anyone's parents/ex girlfriend or boyfriend/roommate ever found stuff that belonged to you from years ago...? I worked with a guy who got sent a used condom that was found behind a broken radiator from two years prior. That was icky. It was like petrified wood.

Josh S
09-02-2006, 06:32 PM
What team is the Starter jacket? Is it a pullover? If so, is it the first design or the second?

Damian P
09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Sounds like ebay gold to me.

William R.
09-03-2006, 02:11 AM
What team is the Starter jacket? Is it a pullover? If so, is it the first design or the second?

I'm not quite sure. I had a whole bunch. It's most likely my Hoyas one that looked like this:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/3842/ea1lf0.jpg

Josh S
09-03-2006, 02:14 AM
You don't strike me as the Starter type. I'm not sure I've ever seen that style. I had a bunch too. I used to stay dipped in Starters, Nikes, Girbaud and Guess. I'm so ghetto fabulous.

William R.
09-03-2006, 02:27 AM
You don't strike me as the Starter type. I'm not sure I've ever seen that style. I had a bunch too. I used to stay dipped in Starters, Nikes, Girbaud and Guess. I'm so ghetto fabulous.

I thought EVERYBODY had Starter jackets. If you didn't have one, you stole one. Simple as that. It took a real man to rock that Charlotte Hornet's starter though. Purple, aqua-green and white... ew. I remember when kids were getting popped for thier eight ball jackets. They were ugly as fuck though.

Most of the time I'd just rock hoodies or field jackets. I lost it once fools started dropping crazy money on Avirex or started wearing the skinhead flight jackets. The blew my mind.

Josh S
09-03-2006, 03:23 AM
I never had a Hornets starter, but I did have an outfit (Girbaud) in those colors complete with matching shoes. Hoodies weren't cuttin it until highschool.

Jesper Maintz
09-03-2006, 04:28 AM
You bet! My father called me the other day, and said he had found all my old comic book (were talking 400+ comic books) and he asked me if I would like to have them - and I said "no". I cant fit a single thing into this room (I only have one room, and Im drowning in DVDs)...

Still, it was nice to know, that my comics were in safe hands... :)

William R.
09-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Hoodies weren't cuttin it until highschool.

I love my hoodies to death, but I remember thinking one night that it's damn near impossible to not look like you're up to no good wearing one. All my friends always wondered why we got stopped by the cops all the time and now that I'm about to cross the line I think we were asking for it. Everybody loved the dark colors too, camos, urban warfare shit. That sure didn't help.

You guys fit the description. Yea, no shit. So does half of the city. :D

ah...

Frank Estrada
09-03-2006, 05:16 PM
I've been rockin' this hoodie, and it makes me look like the Hamburglar's cousin or something. It seriously makes ya look sketchy.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1951/greenblkix7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Adam C
09-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I thought EVERYBODY had Starter jackets. If you didn't have one, you stole one. Simple as that. It took a real man to rock that Charlotte Hornet's starter though. Purple, aqua-green and white... ew. I remember when kids were getting popped for thier eight ball jackets. They were ugly as fuck though.

A kid I went to school with was on the small side but he just had to have a Starter jacket like everyone else. The only one he could find to fit him was a pull over Redskins jacket. Everybody made fun of him to no end. Even he didn't like the Redskins but he just had to have a Starter.

William R.
09-03-2006, 05:42 PM
A kid I went to school with was on the small side but he just had to have a Starter jacket like everyone else. The only one he could find to fit him was a pull over Redskins jacket. Everybody made fun of him to no end. Even he didn't like the Redskins but he just had to have a Starter.

People liked the teams? I thought it was all about the colors same with Jerseys. I had four different Starter jackets to match four different pairs of kicks. :D

Adam C
09-03-2006, 09:31 PM
At my school it was more about wearing jackets of teams from the south if you were local, or teams from up north if you were a yankee (alot of kids were from up north, it was really divided.)

Josh S
09-03-2006, 10:11 PM
People liked the teams? I thought it was all about the colors same with Jerseys. I had four different Starter jackets to match four different pairs of kicks. :D

Same here. Teams be damned, it was strictly a fashion thing. Also, we were all about logos. I'd have never bought a jacket that said Redskins on the back, but if it had the logo I'd have loved it. I always wanted a Michigan State pullover, but Eastbay was always sold out.

William R.
09-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Same here. Teams be damned, it was strictly a fashion thing. Also, we were all about logos. I'd have never bought a jacket that said Redskins on the back, but if it had the logo I'd have loved it. I always wanted a Michigan State pullover, but Eastbay was always sold out.

I'm glad it wasn't just a NY-Metro thang. Team support? Yea. You'd see a few more teams more prominently displayed than others. Chicago and NY teams, but for the most part it was all about fashion. The logos were it too. The Hoyas starter had the bulldog on the back, but I couldn't find a picture of it. I had the Michigan pullover, is Eastbay still around? I used to get like seven catalogs a month from them. They were the male equivalent of Victoria's Secret in as much trees they cut down for the fuck of it.

There were a lot of stores that stocked the jackets around my way, but it was easier most of the time to order them through Eastbay as the stores would either be out, too damn expensive, or have the same damn ones everyone else did. There was also a huge knock-off business around the jackets.

Adam's story cracks me up. It's like a mini-turf war with starter jackets. :D

Josh S
09-04-2006, 01:31 AM
I grew up in East Texas. The closest place to get Starters was Tyler, which was over an hour away. Mom wasn't trying to take me there just to hunt jackets and by the time I could drive I was over them.

And, yeah, Eastbay is still around. That's where I go to stay up on the latest 574s.

Adam C
09-04-2006, 08:51 AM
By the time I could afford a Starter jacket winter was over and the stores only had windbreaker designs. I got a Bulls. Even though they were from up north they were still the Bulls and everybody liked them at the time.

Chad Haden
09-04-2006, 09:12 AM
I rocked a Bulls Starter jacket back in middle school, damn that jacket was warm.

Also East Texas has one thing going for it, Caddo Lake