PDA

View Full Version : $5.99 Warner titles

Michael Elliott
12-08-2002, 10:57 AM
Retail price is $6.99 but places like K-Mart, Wal Mart, Target and Best Buy have them for $5.99. Each week Best Buy has a "3 for $12" sale on selected titles. :)

Action Jackson
Adventures of Pinnochio
Caddyshack II
Corrina, Corrina
Creep Show
Drop Dead Gorgeous
Fair Game
First Strike
Hard To Kill
In Love and War
Loaded Weapon
Made In America
Major League II
Man Who Knew Too Little
My Blue Heaven
My Fellow American
Neverending Story 2
Presumed Innocent
Pump Up The Volume
South Central
Surviving the Game
The Bachelor
The Lawnmower Man
The Man With Two Brains
My Fellow Americans
Joe's Apartment
Showdown in Little Tokyo
Sommersby
South Central
The Power of One
Switch
The Gauntlet
Burglar
Pump up the Volume
Stealing Home
The NeverEnding Story II
Dangerous Liaisons
House Party 2
House Party 3
The Lawnmower Man
The Man who knew too Little
Three to Tango
Creepshow
Fair Game
The Exorcist III
Hard to Kill
Presumed Innocent
The Bachelor
Fort Apache, The Bronx
2 Days in the Valley
Jackie Chan's First Strike
Mr. Nice Guy
Spawn 2 (cartoon)
Sympatico
Hooper
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Night Shift
Action Jackson
Drop Dead Gorgeous
Running On Empty
Made in America
Zeus & Roxanne
National Velvet
My Blue Heaven
Her Alibi
National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon
Billy Jack
Corinna, Corinna
Stroker Ace
My Fellow Americans
Joe's Apartment
Showdown in Little Tokyo
South Central
The Power of One
Switch
Burglar
Pump up the Volume
Three to Tango
Creepshow
Fair Game
Avengers
The Crush
Trial and Error

Richard Anthony
12-08-2002, 01:13 PM
Some great deals, Michael. They have alot of these Warner DVDS at my local Walmart's for only $5 each. I picked up DROP DEAD GORGEOUS, and THE AVENGERS last week. I would like to go back this week and pick up THE EXORCIST III, and PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE, at these prices, you can't beat this deal.

Joe L
12-08-2002, 01:39 PM
These are good prices - but what does this tell you about Warner's marketing? They made choices in putting out DVD titles from that list, many of which are pretty worthless films let's face it, and now they can't give 'em away fast enough. This is why I say there are many "classics" in the vaults allowed to linger there which WB should have been concentrating on instead.

Michael Elliott
12-08-2002, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't say that Joe. A few months back I posted a thread where Warner was wanting to put their discs in Krogers and various other "mom and pop" stores with a retail price between $4-$8. Warner has made it clear that they are pushing DVD and want it to be available to everyone. With movies at $5 a lot more people are going to jump onto DVD.

I certainly think there are some worthy films for everyone on that list. These are cheaper than Alpha and contain brilliant to very good transfers. I've got 4 of the titles so far and all four are anamorphic as well.

Joe, I'd recommend you pick up FORT APACHE, THE BRONX. A very good film. Didn't you like MY FELLOW AMERICANS?

mike bodak
12-08-2002, 11:16 PM
I also found "Altered States" in the 5.00 bin at Walmart. Im not sure I can get a better film for 5 bucks.

Paul Freitag
12-09-2002, 11:24 AM
LOGAN'S RUN is also available for around $5-$6.. It's not a great movie, natch, but it's a good disc, with a commentary track and a nifty production featurette.

Michael Elliott
12-09-2002, 11:47 AM
Thanks Mike and Paul. :)

There are around 20 more titles that I couldn't remember or find info on. I believe OUTLAW JOSEY WALES is another film that went down to $5.99. I'm not sure on this one though.

Joe L
12-10-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Michael Elliott
Joe, I'd recommend you pick up FORT APACHE, THE BRONX. A very good film. Didn't you like MY FELLOW AMERICANS?

I rented FORT APACHE around 1986; can't recall liking it enough to want to own it or see it again.

MY FELLOW AMERICANS is not a subject I'm interested in.

Joe L
12-10-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Paul Freitag
LOGAN'S RUN is also available for around $5-$6.. It's not a great movie, natch, but it's a good disc, with a commentary track and a nifty production featurette.

And let's not forget that the ONLY reason it's available on DVD and with so many features at all is because MGM put it out before they changed hands over to Warner! :D

Michael Elliott
12-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Joe L.

MY FELLOW AMERICANS is not a subject I'm interested in.

WOW. Since you liked those later Lemmon comedies I thought you'd want this one. I personally thought this was better than OUT TO SEA and THE ODD COUPLE 2. Garner and Lemmon made a great duo.

Joe L
12-10-2002, 06:46 PM
There's a reason I wanted to see ODD COUPLE 2. I'm a fan of the original film and the TV series. It wasn't just about "seeing a Lemmon film". OUT TO SEA had some moments, but it wasn't as much fun as ODD COUPLE 2.

bbfarmer
12-15-2002, 06:14 PM
Where the hell is the Best Buy where these bargains are supposed to be? At my nearest BB, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is $17.99.

Michael Elliott
12-15-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by bbfarmer
Where the hell is the Best Buy where these bargains are supposed to be? At my nearest BB, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is $17.99.

Yes, you need to watch out for Best Buy because they don't change prices. They simply get new stock in, which will carry the changed price. I went to pick up THE ICE STORM, which was reduced to $9.95 but Best Buy still had the original price of $24.95.

My BB has these Warner discs in the "Special Bargain" section. I went to Wal-Mart today where they had every title listed here. Target and K-Mart are also carrying these as is Kroger's and various other stores.

I've heard Warner will add new titles to this list each month. :)

Lil' Spanky
12-20-2002, 11:36 PM
I MAY be interested in Creepshow Michael; get back to me