PDA

View Full Version : $5.99 Warner titles

Richard Anthony
12-08-2002, 01:13 PM
Some great deals, Michael. They have alot of these Warner DVDS at my local Walmart's for only $5 each. I picked up DROP DEAD GORGEOUS, and THE AVENGERS last week. I would like to go back this week and pick up THE EXORCIST III, and PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE, at these prices, you can't beat this deal.

Joe L
12-08-2002, 01:39 PM
These are good prices - but what does this tell you about Warner's marketing? They made choices in putting out DVD titles from that list, many of which are pretty worthless films let's face it, and now they can't give 'em away fast enough. This is why I say there are many "classics" in the vaults allowed to linger there which WB should have been concentrating on instead.

mike bodak
12-08-2002, 11:16 PM
I also found "Altered States" in the 5.00 bin at Walmart. Im not sure I can get a better film for 5 bucks.

Paul Freitag
12-09-2002, 11:24 AM
LOGAN'S RUN is also available for around $5-$6.. It's not a great movie, natch, but it's a good disc, with a commentary track and a nifty production featurette.

Joe L
12-10-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Michael Elliott
Joe, I'd recommend you pick up FORT APACHE, THE BRONX. A very good film. Didn't you like MY FELLOW AMERICANS?

I rented FORT APACHE around 1986; can't recall liking it enough to want to own it or see it again.

MY FELLOW AMERICANS is not a subject I'm interested in.

Joe L
12-10-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Paul Freitag
LOGAN'S RUN is also available for around $5-$6.. It's not a great movie, natch, but it's a good disc, with a commentary track and a nifty production featurette.

And let's not forget that the ONLY reason it's available on DVD and with so many features at all is because MGM put it out before they changed hands over to Warner! :D

Joe L
12-10-2002, 06:46 PM
There's a reason I wanted to see ODD COUPLE 2. I'm a fan of the original film and the TV series. It wasn't just about "seeing a Lemmon film". OUT TO SEA had some moments, but it wasn't as much fun as ODD COUPLE 2.

bbfarmer
12-15-2002, 06:14 PM
Where the hell is the Best Buy where these bargains are supposed to be? At my nearest BB, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is $17.99.