PDA

View Full Version : so, i bought a PSP today...

Denise*G
05-01-2006, 06:41 PM
i have firmware version 2.5 -- anything interesting i can do? i don't want to update to 2.7, correct?

(i also bought a 2GB duo for under $80!)

Frank Estrada
05-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Oh, it's on.

i have firmware version 2.5 -- anything interesting i can do?

Surf the internet, but you can do that already.

Don't worry about not updating unless you care about homebrew/emulators. But if you wanted to play a Nintendo game, you should just break out your GBA anyway.

Buy LUMINES. You'll be addicted. :D

Ian Jane
05-01-2006, 07:16 PM
You can rip Waterpower to Mpeg 4 and watch it in the pub.

Frank Estrada
05-01-2006, 07:23 PM
^I've done that!

Denise*G
05-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Oh, it's on.

Surf the internet, but you can do that already.

Don't worry about not updating unless you care about homebrew/emulators. But if you wanted to play a Nintendo game, you should just break out your GBA anyway.

Buy LUMINES. You'll be addicted. :D

i did! i got "Lumines," and since i'm a RPG-freak, "PoPoLoCrois." :)
i was interested in checking out homebrew/emulators... but if all you can do is play GBA games, i can do that on my SP. but playing NES/SNES ROMs would be the shiz!

did you know that these movies are all on UMD:

Ninja Terminator
The Ninja Squad
Ninja Dragon
The Ultimate Ninja
Ninja of the Magnificence

:D

Frank Estrada
05-01-2006, 07:59 PM
i was interested in checking out homebrew/emulators... but if all you can do is play GBA games, i can do that on my SP. but playing NES/SNES ROMs would be the shiz!

Then don't upgrade and get an emulator going. I was just thinking that alot of SNES and some NES games have great versions on the ol' GBA, so that would be easier.

I also think that some of the newer games force you to upgrade, and eventually everyone will. Mine was at 1.5 for over a year, and I recently upgraded to 2.5 just because. I tried an emulator and played some DOOM, but the novelty wore off quick.

And I had no idea that the PSP was so ninja-friendly!

Aaron G
05-01-2006, 09:14 PM
You can rip Waterpower to Mpeg 4 and watch it in the pub.

Funny you say that, I got a Zen Vision:M media player, and have some episodes on AssParade on there. Is WaterPower available on any Torrent sites?

But the PSP is a fucken *SEXY* piece of portable hardware. Oh yes.

mark t
05-01-2006, 09:24 PM
I bought a big bottle of wine today...i'm wondering who comes out ahead in the end?

Denise*G
05-01-2006, 09:27 PM
well, i also found out there are PCEngine/TurboGrafx emulators that will work on it, and that's an old fav of mine. in order to use homebrew on a 2.5 PSP, i'll need to buy GTA: Liberty City Stories to utilize a 'gamesave' flaw which lets you load up homebrew games, but it might be worth it for me. i'm still researching. :)

Eric A
05-01-2006, 10:25 PM
You can also get an Amiga emulator for the PSP. Yeah, I'm a nerd. :p

Sean B
05-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Are any of those Ninja films widescreen? (I have to ask :rolleyes: )

Where are they available?

William R.
05-02-2006, 03:18 AM
I thought the PSP blew monkey nut. I offloaded that shit to a kid who was all exicited to get it then he realized it blew monkey nut too.

Jonny Redman
05-31-2006, 08:13 PM
I thought the PSP blew monkey nut. I offloaded that shit to a kid who was all exicited to get it then he realized it blew monkey nut too.

I just bought a PSP (2.5)

I like it. I like it a lot!

I wanted something I could watch movies on whilst at work and the PSP is delivering my needs in spades...

Those Sony earphones are shit though aren't they?! I couldn't hear a damn thing through them...

Scott Ruhl
05-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Portable dvd players are the way to go. Juss' cut right to the chase. The screen is larger and it's easier to wank at.

Kristian R
06-02-2006, 01:00 AM
"God made the PSP."

Denise*G
06-02-2006, 02:37 AM
Those Sony earphones are shit though aren't they?! I couldn't hear a damn thing through them...

yeah, that's why i opted for the core pack instead of the value pack. i read how the sound was really poor, so i bought some nice Shure ones, and a 2GB duo. i don't care about having the wired remote and whatever else i missed out on.

a month later and i'm still lovin' the PSP!

so far, i've picked up the following games:
Lumines
PoPoLoCrois
Lord of the Rings Tactics
The Legend of Heroes
Kingdom of Paradise
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
--and some Japanese imports--
Super Robot Taisen MX Portable
Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner
Princess Crown
Sakura Taisen 1 & 2
The Block Kuzushi Quest

Frank Estrada
06-02-2006, 02:45 AM
Nice. I have at least four or five different sets of earphones. I noticed this while cleaning the house today. They are a must when watching UMDs. I've been digging Ghost In The Shell lately, and Lumines is always fun. I've been playing that for a year now, and it never gets old.

Ryan Smith
06-02-2006, 11:20 AM
I must be the only good german . . . I updated to 2.71 this morning. But you have to do that for the demos (2.7 for Loco Roco, 2.71 for the Sudoku) and the eventual PS1 emulator will require a firmware upgrade (maybe in the 3.0?). I'm in for that b/c I saw Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is going to be one of the available games . . . along with the PS1 Final Fantasy games, Metal Gear Solid 1, ect.

so far, i've picked up the following games:
Lumines
PoPoLoCrois
Lord of the Rings Tactics
The Legend of Heroes
Kingdom of Paradise
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
--and some Japanese imports--
Super Robot Taisen MX Portable
Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner
Princess Crown
Sakura Taisen 1 & 2
The Block Kuzushi Quest
That's a pretty impressive list . . . since you are so into RPGs, I heard that there is a great port of Breath of Fire III available, but it has to be imported from Europe.