PDA

View Full Version : New Bava Book update..

Anthony Thorne
03-19-2006, 10:16 PM
I can't find the past thread on TL's Bava book (or rather, don't have the time this minute to search for it), so here's a link to his latest news update on the book's progress.

http://bavabook.blogspot.com/

Scott Ruhl
03-20-2006, 10:54 AM
The years seem to be flying by with regard to the Bava book. I eagerly await the day it's heft is dropped upon my doorstop. I hope Tim and Donna continue to take their time and get things right, it's taken too long to rush through it now that they're so close to the finish line..

Tim Young
03-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Thats going to be a marathon tome if it ever gets finished. Although it does make you realise just how much work must go into these books.

As for Bava I'm happy with Troy's book for now... I'd rather spend my money on more DVDs!

Scott Ruhl
03-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Is Troy's Bava book still available or do I hafta' find a copy secondhanded?

Troy Howarth
03-20-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure if it's still available through Amazon, but I'm pretty sure FAB sold out on all their copies. It sold very well, I'm happy to say.

Chris Workman
03-20-2006, 12:59 PM
As it should have, it's a terrific book, Troy. Well written and researched. It should hold over all Bava fans until Lucas's book comes out, and even then it will be a good companion piece, I imagine.

Troy Howarth
03-20-2006, 02:23 PM
The two books are very different in their aims, so yes, there should be no problem in having both at arm's length.

Aaron G
03-22-2006, 01:09 AM
even tho' he says 'October-November' I reckon he'll hold it back until Xmas. I mean if he's so short for time, how come he has so much time to krutz around with his dorky Blog? (mind you those long postings make *great* toilet-break reading @ work!)