PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a PS2 Game....

mark t
09-09-2005, 06:25 PM
I have 2 whopping games for the PS2....GTA Vice City, and Socomm Navy Seals 2. I like them, and i like video games in general...i'm just too fuckin' cheap to go spring for games that may suck.

I dig violent games in general, and first person shooters, but i dig other stuff too. Anything you've played lately on the PS2 that gets you going, that may have been out for a little bit (price drop)?

Ian Jane
09-09-2005, 06:32 PM
I think you should get Dance Dance Revolution.

Either that or Manhunt, cause it's dropped to $20. It's violent, challenging, and pretty intense. Red Dead Revolver is a lot of fun too.

Eric A
09-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Its not a PS2 game (its for PS1), but it should be required by law that anyone who owns a PS1 or PS2 have CASTLVANIA: SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT. Its is by far the single greatest video game that was ever created and that will ever be created. There is no game that even comes within 3 / 2,456,445th's of it and there never, I repeat NEVER will be.

GRAN TURISMO 4 is good too if you're into car games.

mark t
09-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm really not into car games much, although i do enjoy them once in awhile. My problem with Manhunt (and i haven't played it) is that i've heard it described as a game where you have to do stealth stuff for the most part. My experience with stealth in video games has been limited to the Rainbow 6 games where stealth means "move really fucking slowly for an hour to sneak up and kill a guy, and if you fuck up and move to fast, you're going to have to start over from the beginning, and it's going to take you an hour to get to where you were". ie, i don't like frustratingly slow games.

I may check ou tCastlvania though...i really dug the games for nintendo.

mark t
09-09-2005, 06:45 PM
I think you should get Dance Dance Revolution.

Okay, i just looked that up, and i was taking you seriously. What do you do, listen to music, and you have to dance accordingly on the dance pad? Thats' not a good suggestion at all.

Ian Jane
09-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Okay, i just looked that up, and i was taking you seriously. What do you do, listen to music, and you have to dance accordingly on the dance pad? Thats' not a good suggestion at all.

Don't knock it till you try it. Plus you can do it with only one arm!

mark t
09-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Don't knock it till you try it. Plus you can do it with only one arm!

Haha...that's helpful. Anyways, i just read an article where some girl almost died of a heart attack. I'm not doing that.

Ian Jane
09-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Try Manhunt then.

Kristian R
09-09-2005, 07:03 PM
War of the Monsters

mark t
09-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Try Manhunt then.

Weren't you just bitching about the stealth thing taking forever and being the whole game the other day?

mark t
09-09-2005, 07:07 PM
War of the Monsters

Can you be more specific? Describe it!

Kristian R
09-09-2005, 07:09 PM
You pick a giant monster and beat the crap out of another giant monster while beating the crap out of the city and its citizens. You can beat up the computer or you can beat up a friend. Its aces.

Ian Jane
09-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Weren't you just bitching about the stealth thing taking forever and being the whole game the other day?

I was complaining that I had a saved game with almost zero health and that I kept getting my ass kicked. My fault, not the game. The stealth aspect of it is a good thing.

mark t
09-09-2005, 07:11 PM
You pick a giant monster and beat the crap out of another giant monster while beating the crap out of the city and its citizens. You can beat up the computer or you can beat up a friend. Its aces.

Is it like an arena fighting game?

I forgot to mention that i don't like those games where you just fight with another person for 3 rounds, and it picks the best of 3. Not saying that's what this is, just asking.

Kristian R
09-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Sorta, but its nothing like the average fighting or wrestling game. The cities are full 3D environments that are big enough so can run away and hide or climb up high onto buildings and towers. You can also pick up cars and shit for throwing and knock over buildings on the other guy. You can also just run around and shoot if you don't like hand to hand.

Travis Sheldon
09-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (The series keeps getting better and BIGGER!)
Gran Turismo 3 or 4 (Ditto)
Smackdown vs Raw
Manhunt (Made by RockStar, also.)
Maxx Payne 1 or 2 (RockStar again, I believe)
Godzilla: Save The Earth (I think it's called 'Save the Earth', anyway it's the only G game for PS2)
Red Dead Revolver (RockStar does the Wild Wild West)

Christoffer S
09-10-2005, 06:40 AM
I Ninja. Cheap and fun.
Viewtiful Joe. Weird but fun.
and I agree with GTA: San Andreas.

Jesper Maintz
09-10-2005, 06:53 AM
JAK & DAXTER: Brilliant platformer, but too easy...
JAK 2: Best game on the PS2 ever, and hard as hell...
JAK 3: Easier than JAK 2, unfortunately...

RATCHET & CLANK: Just get all three - they rule!

ICO: A piece of art, disguised as a game - but not long enough!

- AND, if youre an experienced gamer, stay away from VIEWTIFUL JOE - its for kids!

Bård Haugland
09-10-2005, 07:27 AM
Some time ago I played 'God of War', now that's a brilliant game! Packed with violence, some small riddles and tons of monsters from the greek mythology, can it be better?

You should also check out 'Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty' and 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'. 'Snake Eater' is a great stealth game, but it's not walking really slowly for an hour, killing a dude, walking slowly forwards in another hour etc, you've got to use camouflage, eat food (which you almost always must catch, you can eat everything from snakes to... goats?) and kill a good deal of bad dudes. And there's cool bosses as well! :D 'Snake Eater' is a little better than 'Sons of Liberty' since in SOL you're a feminine dude called Raiden instead of the macho Solid Snake ;)

Christoffer S
09-10-2005, 07:40 AM
- AND, if youre an experienced gamer, stay away from VIEWTIFUL JOE - its for kids!

Fuck you evil dane! Eat danish and shut up! :D

Jesper Maintz
09-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Fuck you evil dane! Eat danish and shut up! :DWell, maybe I should have added, that its for swedes too... :D

I completed it in 5 hours of active gaming time, and thats not much for 500 Dkr - for comparison, I have 200+ gaming hours on Final Fantasy X, and still havent completed it....

Christoffer S
09-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Well, maybe I should have added, that its for swedes too... :D

I completed it in 5 hours of active gaming time, and thats not much for 500 Dkr - for comparison, I have 200+ gaming hours on Final Fantasy X, and still havent completed it....

Perhaps because YOU SUCK at gaming?

Jesper Maintz
09-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Perhaps because YOU SUCK at gaming?You try it - and then tell me, if I suck or not! ;)

mark t
09-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Perhaps because YOU SUCK at gaming?

If he finished the game in 5 hours, I wouldn't say that he sucks...but get back on topic, you fuckers!

bTW, still OT, I thought of you the other night while i was watching Wanted Dead Or Alive (Rutger Hauer, yo!)

William R.
09-10-2005, 11:41 AM
God Of War.

mark t
09-10-2005, 11:43 AM
I'll check out GOD OF WAR since it's got two recommendations, and some more Rockstar games.

Anybody into war games, specifically Vietnam games? I've been meaning to pick up one of those as well.

Jesper Maintz
09-10-2005, 11:47 AM
I think Ill check out GOD OF WAR as well - Ive read mignificent rewievs, and it seems like it has some platform elements and some puzzles... Is that true, William?

Christoffer S
09-10-2005, 11:47 AM
War games usually suck massive ass on console.
As well as 3D shooters.
Id avice you stay away from any games in those genres.

mark t
09-10-2005, 11:51 AM
As well as 3D shooters.

Are you actually going to suggest that i play games on my computer? Because i don't do that. That's why they have consoles.

Christoffer S
09-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Well Im suggesting you find other genres to explore on your console.

Try I ninja like I said. It has a ninja with an attitude problem. What more do you need?

Jesper Maintz
09-10-2005, 11:53 AM
As well as 3D shooters.
Id avice you stay away from any games in those genres.For once, the swede speaks the truth!

Christoffer S
09-10-2005, 11:54 AM
He meant to say "As always, the Swede, handsome and brilliant as he is, speaks the truth!"

William R.
09-10-2005, 12:04 PM
As well as 3D shooters.

I agree. However, if you're referring to GOD OF WAR, it isn't a war game.

PRINCE OF PERSIA fucking rules too.

Jesper Maintz
09-10-2005, 12:11 PM
PRINCE OF PERSIA fucking rules too.Agreed - great game, and great atmosphere - a little too linear for my taste, but still great fun....

Mark, you have to pick up the first RATCHET & CLANK - you will be addicted!

Bård Haugland
09-10-2005, 04:47 PM
I think Ill check out GOD OF WAR as well - Ive read mignificent rewievs, and it seems like it has some platform elements and some puzzles... Is that true, William?

Couldn't be more true. Just mix in some decapitations of minotaurs and some other violent shit, and you've got 'God of War'. Most of the puzzles ain't that hard, but the platforming can be hard as rock sometimes. Especially in God mode ;)

Paul A J Lewis
09-11-2005, 01:56 PM
/\ I'll support the claims made about MANHUNT and RED DEAD REVOLVER, both excellent games.

But being the survival horror fanatic I am, I would also recommend PROJECT ZERO (released as FATAL FRAME in the US, I believe): it's a slow paced but extremely atmospheric game in which you move through an old house and have to despatch ghosts via the use of a magic camera. Sounds daft, I know; but it's one of the few games that have given me the willies so much that I had to turn it off after about an hour of play.

There's a sequel too: CRIMSON BUTTERFLY. However, I haven't played it yet.

FORBIDDEN SIREN is another good survival horror game. And, quite obviously, SILENT HILL 2 is a must-buy, I think.

SPLINTER CELL: CHAOS THEORY may very well be my favourite game to be released so far this year. It's compelling stuff, requiring strategy and patience. But I felt it to be a little too short.

All of these games should be pretty cheap now.
Cheers,
Paul

Mark Roberts
09-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Mark,

I'm a PS2 Junkie. You will not be dissapointed with my picks.

God Of War:

It rules plain and simple.

Burnout 2,3 (or the new one that just came out today):

Sure it's a car game, but not like any other. It is all about crashing, and it's got a bit of racing based on trashing the other guy's ride.
But crashing is the key, HUGE PILEUPS! Ign.com has a review of the new one.

Destroy All Humans:

GTA like free roam alien action. Not as open as GTA but a damn fun game. Just beat it last night. It's a little repetative, but I think it's a great game.

Now to go get Burnout 4!!! Fuk Yeah!