PDA

View Full Version : Chappelle Show Season 2!

Elske McCain
05-23-2005, 12:20 PM
After months and months my most anticipated dvd of the year is being released May 23. There was some speculation that this set would be held back due to Dave's mental problems and the unknown status of Season 3, but it looks like tomorrow is the day. I am soo happy that they are releasing it. Season one cracks me up to no end, and I think Dave Chappelle is one of the funniest men alive. Anybody else pick this up and would like to share?

Elske McCain
05-23-2005, 12:34 PM
http://members.cox.net/elske1/tron.bmp

"America wanna see me live, not work. Look at this America, look at how Tron is livin' in the city."

Brian Lindsey
05-23-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm under strict orders to pick this up for my wife tomorrow... We have the Season 1 set but I've never personally seen the show! (I need to remedy that. The Mrs. loves it.)

Ian Jane
05-23-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm all over this, it's one of the funniest shows on TV right now, if not THE funniest.

mark t
05-24-2005, 10:28 AM
I've never cracked up so much at a TV show in my life. Maybe the funniest show ever....

Ryan Smith
05-24-2005, 11:08 AM
I always flip to Comedy Central, hoping to catch the Wayne Brady episode . . . I'm getting this ASAP . . .

Clint C
05-24-2005, 03:28 PM
I just picked up seasons 1 & 2 for $22.99 & $24.99 CDN respectively. Seemed like a pretty good deal. I've seen S1 before and it's hilarious. The spoof of The Real World is one of the funniest things I've seen. Hope S2 is as good.

Todd J
05-24-2005, 03:32 PM
I was there just after Best Bung opened (heh) and got it for $20.00. I have been waiting for this since who knows when. I love unapologetic, over the top humor and this fills the void for me.

I can't wait to see the Player Haters going back in time. Too funny.

Elske McCain
05-24-2005, 04:06 PM
I just called the closest Best Buy to me, and they have an assload of copies on sale for $20 dollars. But on Saturday, the price will go back up to $30 dollars, so get em now while it's hot. I'm about to head over there in a few minutes. I can't wait.

Kristian R
05-24-2005, 05:09 PM
I got my copy at lunch, beotches!

Don Guarisco
05-24-2005, 09:07 PM
I also picked up my copy this afternoon. I've been a fan from episode one and think this is the best sketch-comedy show since THE KIDS IN THE HALL. I hope Chappelle can pull it together for season 3 because we need more of his uncensored, personalized and incisive style of comedy.

Elske McCain
05-24-2005, 11:04 PM
I just watched disc one. Ha ha ha! I never caught any of these episodes before except for the Rick James one, and I was not disappointed by any means. I must say that during the intro to the first episode, the one where he is smoking on stage..he looked so fucked up! Like he had been dragged around the block with no sleep for a week. It was kind of disconcerting, but he looked normal again on episode 2 thank god. I laughed the hardest at the Sam Adams sketch, the Charlie Murphy True Hollywood Story sketches, and I cant remember what else right now. I watched the commentary on the Rick James episode. The only thing that kind of fell flat was the "Lil Jon" sketch. I thought it was hilarious at first especially since I totally hate that guy's music, but after the twentieth time of him saying "What?!" I was ready to move on. At Best Buy they had a huge Dave Chappelle table with a dvd called Buddies. I guess he was in a sitcom a long time ago, it looked so stupid and it actually said on the cover "The Show Dave Chappelle doesn't want you to see!"

Torstein Karlsen
05-25-2005, 10:11 AM
great season, loved the extra charlie murphy's hollywood stories, that dude has some great stories thats for sure.

best segment: the V.D's!!!

Todd J
05-25-2005, 11:13 AM
I only watched the first three episodes. I really liked the one with the 50s sytle tv show starring the family with the "N" word for a last name. Too funny. I am rationing it out over a few nights though, as I like to torment myself.

My wife said he looked fucked up to. I didnt really look. to be honest, but when she pointed it out, I agreed.

William R.
05-26-2005, 01:45 AM
Charlie Murphy needs his own show.

His extra bits were, by far, my favorite. He reminded me of this older cat from my neighborhood who would tell us stories all the time. He'd just interject himself into allt he conversations somehow, but he was great. He had the manerisms and everything. I could always listen to that guy, and Murphy is the same way. Just hilarious. Especially the "That's My Brother" story. :D

I love it.

Damian P
05-26-2005, 02:23 AM
Is the great PAUL MOONEY part of Season 2?

William R.
05-26-2005, 02:32 AM
You have to ask? It wouldn't be Chappelle without appearances from Mooney. Season 2 introduces us to the great NEGRODAMUS!

http://img264.echo.cx/img264/4576/negrodamus0tu.jpg

Damian P
05-26-2005, 02:38 AM
Hahahaha. Awesome. :D

Elske McCain
05-26-2005, 03:11 AM

That's exactly what I said last night. I was telling my friend that if Dave Chappelle never ever came back to finish the show, they should just let Charlie Murphy take over!

Elske McCain
05-26-2005, 03:12 AM
And I also noticed something so funny, in almost every episode there is the one guy who does the robot. He has a total straight face, but is robotting all the time! It cracks me up so bad.

Todd J
05-26-2005, 12:06 PM
I keep saying "there's the robot guy" tp my wife. She nevers sees him so I have to rewind. I dont know what she is looking at or if she is off on another plane. She always misses him.

Kristian R
05-26-2005, 12:20 PM
The robot guy has me rolling every time I see him. Its a great running gag. GOLDEN.

William R.
05-26-2005, 12:26 PM
My favorite robot appearance is during the "Price Is Right" opening where he's dancing in the aisle. That or when he shows up in the "Everything is Better in Slo-mo" sketch.

James C
05-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Season one and Two fo $35 smackers at best buy.

Brian Lindsey
05-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Watched my very first episode of the show yesterday... the one with the "Everything's Cooler in Slow Motion" skit.

LAUGHED MY ASS COMPLETELY OFF!

It's true. I now have NO ass.

Elske McCain
05-28-2005, 12:03 PM
The episode "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong" had me rolling the other day. I actually incorporated it into my real life. When somebody hung up on me at work yesterday I was like "Uh Uh, I don't like people playin on my phone!" Everybody looked at me like I was crazy, I guess they don't watch The Chappelle Show.

John G.
05-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Season 2 is where this show really hits its stride... I found the first season to be very inconsistent, and I've been following the show since Episode I. There's some really funny stuff in the first year, but there are some sketches which are just complete feces (white girl singing Chappelle's thoughts anyone?).

Season 2 has a much better consistency, though, and there really aren't any poor sketches that I remember. Even the ones that don't work completely have something good about them. The only thing I don't like about the show are the music parts... I would have preferred if Dave just wrote another sketch, or even if he did stand-up, rather than having to sit through awful music. That said, a great show...

The robot guy rocks my socks off.

Torstein Karlsen
05-28-2005, 04:38 PM
well, most music parts arent on the dvds though...

... which sucks for me who is a big hiphop fan and enjoy most performances :P

Brian Lindsey
05-29-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm glad I never saw the show on Comedy Central... Too many bleeps!

Troy Howarth
05-29-2005, 02:47 PM
The first season has a couple of brilliant bits - the Yoda bit with the Jedi sex scandal, parodying the Catholic Church, comes to mind ("Hmmm... Good blow, this is. Horny, it makes me.") - but the second is more or less pure gold. The slow motion sequence, Rick James, Prince playing basketball then making everybody pancakes... great stuff. I hope Chappelle can get his problems sorted out and return to the show for a third season.

Damian P
05-29-2005, 07:17 PM
I got to see a few episodes this weekend. I was rolling from beginning to end. The bit with Wayne Brady as a thug/pimp was brilliant.

Ian Miller
05-29-2005, 07:35 PM
"Is Wayne Brady gonna hafta choke a bitch??"

Chad Haden
06-04-2005, 03:17 PM
"It's the VD Gang, it's the VD Gang"

Nigel K
06-05-2005, 03:44 AM
Two words to describe season 2: Comedy gold.

Clint C
08-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Charlie Murphy says Chappelle's Show is done. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1005179

Elske McCain
08-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Man that is depressing shit right there. I just watched all of disc 2 yesterday, and all the bonus features on Wednesday, and I haven't laughed so hard in so long. I was thinking while watching the Wayne Brady skit how much it mirrored reality. I wish they would just get Charlie Murphy. He is so funny. The part where he says that everybody should be laughing at his brother. 10,000 Motherfuckers were laughing! And how he would beat up the guys who wouldn't laugh. Ha ha ha ha ha.

William R.
08-05-2005, 02:15 PM
The whole scenario involving the football player in the wheelchair was comedy gold.

Clint C
08-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Yeah, the extra Charlie Murphy stories on disc 3 of season 2 are awesome.

"Fuck you, pal. You fucking moron."

William R.
08-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I went over someone's house for the first time the other day and I couldn't contain my laughter when the doorbell rang. I'm scarred for life.

mark t
08-08-2005, 11:17 AM
I guess I'm in the minority here, because I liked Season 1 way better than Season 2. I actually couldn't stand Paul Mooney as Negrodamus (although I did like his film critic session), and the Charlie Murphy stories didn't really float my boat. The Niggar family had me rolling on the floor, and the Wayne Brady sketch has me laughing STILL, but on the whole, i found Season 1 more consistent. I couldn't believe how much he milked that Li'l John or whatever his name is bit. It was funny for about 12 seconds, but to bring it back over and over was ridiculous. Sounds like I should maybe check out the extra features though.

Elske McCain
08-08-2005, 11:23 AM
I will agree about the Lil Jon sketch. It wasn't that funny, and would have been better if they would have shown the actual Lil Jon. (which they had footage of in the bonus features, what happened?) I will admit though, alot of people must have been affected by it, because at work now, when I try to leave, my boss says "OKAY!"

Elske McCain
08-08-2005, 11:51 AM
I would also like to add that my favorite part that I have been quoting the last couple days is the intro when Dave is telling how a lot of rap stars want him in their videos, but only if he does stupid shit.

Snoop : "Ok now first you come walking on into the club. Then you step on a banana peel. You slip, and your face falls into some doo doo. Then I come in in my Gators and step over you."

For the record have no idea what Gators are or if I am even spelling it correctly. I assume they are just fancy shoes.

William R.
08-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Alligator skin boots. Or he could be tryin' to start a new trend in Pimpdom and rock the Gore-Tex Gaiters...

http://www.orgear.com/product_images/61100_601_m.jpg

Elske McCain
09-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Ok friends. I have just received news that Dave Chappelle is coming here to Tucson on November 20 to perform!!!!! I am so fucking there it is unbelievable. This is the best news I have heard all day, possibly all week. Who knows, he may come somewhere near you! Charlie Murphy did a comedy tour earlier this year. That would be fucking sweet if he came too. But I am not gonna be greedy, I am so happy that Dave is coming!!!!!

Kristian R
09-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Sweet. I just checked Ticketmonster and Charlie Murphy is performing in Seattle next month. I might have to go and check it out.

Elske McCain
09-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah it looks like Dave will be in Eugene, Oregon September 22.

William R.
09-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah it looks like Dave will be in Eugene, Oregon September 22.

You should go. I've seen him a bunch of times. He's hi-larious.

I haven't heard dick about season 3, since this crap a little over a month ago:

Don't hold your breath waiting for new episodes of Chappelle's Show, which saw it's third season postponed last May amid reports that Dave Chappelle suffered a stress-related meltdown. "Chappelle's Show is done," says costar Charlie Murphy. "It took me a long time to say those words, but it's the truth." Murphy, who wouldn't reveal what ultimately did the show in, believes the footage already shot will likely be released on DVD later this year. "The stuff Dave did was remarkable," he says of the final episodes. "It [would have been] his best season yet." Counters a Comedy Central flack: "We haven't been told that Dave is not returning. He's got issues, he's dealing with them, and the ball is now in his court."

Elske McCain
10-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Hey bitches, I got my Chappelle tickets yesterday. Glad I didn't wait too long because they just went on sale a couple of days ago and the expensive tickets were already all gone. So I am settling with mid grade tickets. Now I just got to find a sexy person to take with me. Lord have mercy!

Elske McCain
07-11-2006, 12:23 PM
I saw the lost episodes last night and this skit had me rollin' niggaz. I haven't laughed so hard since...I can't remember.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSxXRKFY3Gw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSxXRKFY3Gw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Scott Ruhl
07-11-2006, 03:36 PM
I thought the Wu-Tang skit was hilarious, I was barely able to contain myself. But then I'm a Wu-head.

Todd J
07-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Player Haters is still my favorite.

Josh S
07-11-2006, 11:26 PM
This show runs real hot and cold for me. I hate Charlie Murphy's stories, but that may have to do with the fact that I saw them after all the hoopla. Tolch is right about Lil Jon, though. It got old quick. My favorite skit is the Kinkos trainng video spoof.

"The Last Nigga On Earth, starring Tom Hanks"

Paul Mooney is a god.

Alex K.
07-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Just curious, what does everyone think of the Lost Episodes?

I thought the first episode was great. Typical Dave greatness.

The second was pretty good, the Howard Dean sketch was a little meh but overall it was pretty good.

The third episode was the worst. It just seemed thrown together and I only laughed at the 'Hollywood' sketch during the Cribs parody.

Once I see it cheap I'll pick up the DVD.

Elske McCain
10-01-2006, 06:23 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5ZHm-3cxuE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e5ZHm-3cxuE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Damian P
11-08-2006, 10:42 PM

His extra bits were, by far, my favorite. He reminded me of this older cat from my neighborhood who would tell us stories all the time. He'd just interject himself into allt he conversations somehow, but he was great. He had the manerisms and everything. I could always listen to that guy, and Murphy is the same way. Just hilarious. Especially the "That's My Brother" story. :D

I love it.

I just watched the bonus disc tonight. I could listen to Charlie Murphy all day. That shit was gold.

"....Flip your chair and stomp your mouth." :eek: :D

William R.
11-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Charlie and Cronenberg. Two people who could talk my ear off. :D

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/9189/brienniggastolemybikepabv4.gif

Damian P
11-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Amen to that.