PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Jesse M
04-12-2005, 12:15 AM
I hear this show is good. Can anybody here comfirm that?

James Erickke
05-07-2005, 03:24 PM
They need to stop with the back stories and focus more on the island action. It started out great, but the flashback shows have really dragged the pace of the show down.

James Erickke
05-08-2005, 11:22 AM
The only flashback episodes I liked were the ones with the Iraqi guy. And the one where the guy got it on with his stepsister.

James Erickke
05-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Boone was annoying as hell. I like the banter between Sawyer and Kate(I think that's her name), Sawyer is one of my faves, he's a sleazy-looking bastard.

Jesse M
05-11-2005, 09:59 PM
They need to stop with the back stories and focus more on the island action. It started out great, but the flashback shows have really dragged the pace of the show down.

So is it still worth watching? How would you rate the season so far on a scale from 1-10?

Bob Lindstrom
05-12-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm still feeling bad because they seem to have cut the polar bear out of the series. Somewhere in L.A. there's a talented polar bear who thought he had work for an entire TV season who's now probably applying for unemployment.

I watch it every week and, every week, I ask myself why I'm watching. As mentioned above, I also think they're playing out their hand a little too slowly and treading dangerously close to the line between suspense and tedium.

James Erickke
05-12-2005, 02:15 PM
So is it still worth watching? How would you rate the season so far on a scale from 1-10?
Don't get me wrong I like the show, I just have a small quibble with the pacing recently. I think the pacing has to do with the fact that ABC ordered an extra 2 episodes kinda late in the season, so maybe thats why a couple of them felt like filler. I'd give it a 8 or a 9.

Nigel K
05-13-2005, 07:09 AM
From everyones comments and from what I have read in magazines and on websites, I am actually really curious to see this show.

As well as 24, which I've barely seen.

I know I'm out of it.

Jesse M
05-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah, i'm just gonna dl all the episodes this summer. Sounds kind of like what has happened to 24. The first half of the season was great, but it kind of went downhill from there. Still an entertaining show, but it had the potential to be so much more.

Mark R. Hill
05-20-2005, 03:47 AM
Don't miss LOST. I haven't watched an hour drama on TV for over a decade. Since last fall, I feel like I've been watching a chapter of a 20+ hour **** feature film each week. Ups and downs. None. Great cast and plot twists and turns. Many times I'm watching from the edge of my seat with jaw open. There's been nothing like on TV this for years. I can't wait to see the final episode and where it goes next season.

Mark Hill

Jesse M
05-25-2005, 11:21 PM
I watched the season finale and I thought it was pretty cool, but I was also pretty pissed because they didn't reveal any of the big mysteries like they said would happen in the Lost issue of Entertainment Weekly. But it was still pretty interesting. Hopefully the other 23 or so episodes will be just as good.

Philo MacDuff
05-27-2005, 12:09 AM
I recorded and watched the finale late last night(can't stand commercials) and thought it was awesome. I haven't read any of the coverage in the media so I didn't expect any answers going into it. I just found it really intriguing straight through to the end. It's nice seeing a show that isn't following the formulaic law/cop/medical/reality routine.

I was a little frustrated midway through the season with very few revelations and the slow pace of things such as the hatch but I think for anyone new to the show who watches it on DVD, they'll probably have an even better time with the series. I liked how Fox ran 24 straight through without repeats. It adds to the enjoyment when the story isn't broken up by long stretches between new episodes. Bad side of that is waiting til next year to see the new season.

James Erickke
05-31-2005, 09:31 PM
I sometimes feel like this show was created by the writers as a direct response to the success of Survivor. They were thinking, "you want a show about people stranded on a island? Well, we'll give you one."

I was hoping to get more secrets revealed during the finale, but I guess I'll be waiting for the season premiere in the fall. They better not be done with Sawyer, he's one of my faves.