PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Jesse M
04-11-2005, 11:15 PM
I hear this show is good. Can anybody here comfirm that?

Greg_Molinaro
05-07-2005, 09:58 AM
The first half of the first season was excellent, but after several fake-outs (you'll see what I mean if you manage to see the 1st season), and a lot of the same shit every week I'm starting to get bored. The last few episodes better be phenomenal, or else I won't be tuning in next season. Desperate Housewives is a far superior show IMO :)

James Erickke
05-07-2005, 02:24 PM
They need to stop with the back stories and focus more on the island action. It started out great, but the flashback shows have really dragged the pace of the show down.

Greg_Molinaro
05-07-2005, 03:47 PM
I actually don't mind the flashback ep's as long as they are about characters I actually like. I love the Korean couple, and the two blondes (the pregnant one and the snarky, bitchy one). On the other hand I can't stand the character of John Locke. It's about time for him to get eaten ;)

James Erickke
05-08-2005, 10:22 AM
The only flashback episodes I liked were the ones with the Iraqi guy. And the one where the guy got it on with his stepsister.

Greg_Molinaro
05-10-2005, 05:04 PM
I would have liked that episode more if I was able to stand the character of Boone.

*****SPOILER***********

I was thrilled when he died. Now that he's out of the way, his sister can get busy with the above mentioned Iraqi guy. They are the most interesting couple on the show as far as I'm concerned.

James Erickke
05-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Boone was annoying as hell. I like the banter between Sawyer and Kate(I think that's her name), Sawyer is one of my faves, he's a sleazy-looking bastard.

Jesse M
05-11-2005, 08:59 PM
They need to stop with the back stories and focus more on the island action. It started out great, but the flashback shows have really dragged the pace of the show down.

So is it still worth watching? How would you rate the season so far on a scale from 1-10?

Greg_Molinaro
05-11-2005, 09:32 PM
I thought the series was fantastic up until Episode 11. Something that happened near the end of that episode kinda pissed me off, and I felt like the writers were copping out. Up until the end of that episode the show got an 8 1/2 from me. Since then it's ranged from a 4-6. I'm still interested as to where the creators want to take this story and these characters. I'm just kind of bored while waiting to get there. I hear that the finale will be a real cliff hanger. :(

Bob Lindstrom
05-12-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm still feeling bad because they seem to have cut the polar bear out of the series. Somewhere in L.A. there's a talented polar bear who thought he had work for an entire TV season who's now probably applying for unemployment.

I watch it every week and, every week, I ask myself why I'm watching. As mentioned above, I also think they're playing out their hand a little too slowly and treading dangerously close to the line between suspense and tedium.

James Erickke
05-12-2005, 01:15 PM
So is it still worth watching? How would you rate the season so far on a scale from 1-10?
Don't get me wrong I like the show, I just have a small quibble with the pacing recently. I think the pacing has to do with the fact that ABC ordered an extra 2 episodes kinda late in the season, so maybe thats why a couple of them felt like filler. I'd give it a 8 or a 9.

Nigel K
05-13-2005, 06:09 AM
From everyones comments and from what I have read in magazines and on websites, I am actually really curious to see this show.

As well as 24, which I've barely seen.

I know I'm out of it.

Greg_Molinaro
05-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Don't bother starting now since there's only two episodes left. Wait till Sept. to rent the 1st season on DVD. Then I'd say go for it. It's not a bad show by any means.

Jesse M
05-13-2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah, i'm just gonna dl all the episodes this summer. Sounds kind of like what has happened to 24. The first half of the season was great, but it kind of went downhill from there. Still an entertaining show, but it had the potential to be so much more.

Mark R. Hill
05-20-2005, 02:47 AM
Don't miss LOST. I haven't watched an hour drama on TV for over a decade. Since last fall, I feel like I've been watching a chapter of a 20+ hour **** feature film each week. Ups and downs. None. Great cast and plot twists and turns. Many times I'm watching from the edge of my seat with jaw open. There's been nothing like on TV this for years. I can't wait to see the final episode and where it goes next season.

Mark Hill

Greg_Molinaro
05-25-2005, 03:56 PM
You have to admit it's become a bit predictable though. I absolutely fucking hate it when any show (not just this one) announces that "this week, not everyone will make it". It's just awful when they do that and I wish some show, any show, would be bold enough to kill off one of it's lead characters without any warning. I don't watch much TV, but as far as I know there aren't many shows willing to take that risk.

Jesse M
05-25-2005, 10:21 PM
I watched the season finale and I thought it was pretty cool, but I was also pretty pissed because they didn't reveal any of the big mysteries like they said would happen in the Lost issue of Entertainment Weekly. But it was still pretty interesting. Hopefully the other 23 or so episodes will be just as good.

Philo MacDuff
05-26-2005, 11:09 PM
I recorded and watched the finale late last night(can't stand commercials) and thought it was awesome. I haven't read any of the coverage in the media so I didn't expect any answers going into it. I just found it really intriguing straight through to the end. It's nice seeing a show that isn't following the formulaic law/cop/medical/reality routine.

I was a little frustrated midway through the season with very few revelations and the slow pace of things such as the hatch but I think for anyone new to the show who watches it on DVD, they'll probably have an even better time with the series. I liked how Fox ran 24 straight through without repeats. It adds to the enjoyment when the story isn't broken up by long stretches between new episodes. Bad side of that is waiting til next year to see the new season.

Greg_Molinaro
05-30-2005, 12:23 PM
I did enjoy the season finale.

*Spoilers*

I loved the ending with the little boy getting kidnapped, and all the other crazy stuff going on. It's too bad Locke didn't die though. So close and yet it didn't happen. The one thing that is really bothering me is, "the island brought us here", "the island is alive". Hey where did they come up with that original idea? Certainly not from novels or films such as 'The Haunting'. Of course that was a house not an island. :rolleyes:

James Erickke
05-31-2005, 08:31 PM
I sometimes feel like this show was created by the writers as a direct response to the success of Survivor. They were thinking, "you want a show about people stranded on a island? Well, we'll give you one."

I was hoping to get more secrets revealed during the finale, but I guess I'll be waiting for the season premiere in the fall. They better not be done with Sawyer, he's one of my faves.

Aaron C
02-19-2006, 08:03 PM
I devoted a thread to the mysteries surrounding the show, but am quite surprised at myself for never really coming out and saying what I think about it.

I think it is a fantastic program that has it's drawbacks, but none I don't think the writer's and producer's are necessarily at fault for. The commercials really throw off the pacing, and the re-runs and episodes mistaken as "filler" don't help either. Another thing is that a lot of expectations, rumors, and theories are established around each episode, and many people go into the show every week expecting a theory to be confirmed only to see the writer's take it in a different direction, which upsets people for the wrong reasons.

I'm getting worried that the hype and expectation surrounding this show is reaching levels that no program can satisfy in it's storyline. Many theories are just out there, and week after week, more and more fans seem let down, because their ideas weren't fulfilled.

With that, I will say I believe it is the best (and most unpredictable) thing to happen to television since "The X Files," and I can only admire the writer's for keeping their writing process clean and free and taking it boldly into new, weird, and different, unexpected directions, rather than them picking a theory and realizing it right here and now.