PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC Family Jewels dvd

Jennifer S.
03-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Did anyone pick this up? How is it?

I want to,but have been sick the past few days. So I have'nt been able to get out too the store to pick it up.

Ian Jane
03-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Best Buy has it on sale for $9.99 this week. If you're remotely interested in AC/DC and you don't pick it up, you're a fool.... fool..... fool.

Jennifer S.
03-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Well maybe on Friday then since I am trying to go the whole month of March without a dvd purchase. Just too see if that is possible:D

So far I have succeeded,but I am a huge AC/DC fan and forgot this was coming out this month.

David Huber
03-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Well maybe on Friday then since I am trying to go the whole month of March without a dvd purchase. Just too see if that is possible:D

So far I have succeeded,but I am a huge AC/DC fan and forgot this was coming out this month.

If you were really a huge AC/DC fan you would buy the DVD today, laugh at those who would postpone a DVD purchase due to an arbitrarily imposed deadline, drink 4 beers, and then belch. Go to Best Buy and slap down $10! Now! :D

Jennifer S.
03-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Well I have no class or work tomorrow,so I 'could' buy it then if I want..or directly after class on Friday. Hmmmm.

Decisions,decisions.

:)

Ian Jane
03-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Just go do it. It contains so much rock that your gothic vixen ass will shake for a month. Do it now.

Zane C.
03-30-2005, 08:01 PM
I bought the set yesterday, and have been respecting the rock ever since! This set absolutely kicks ass!! Anyone that's an AC/DC fan MUST buy this. Lots of Bon-era videos, and pretty much everything from the current Brian Johnson era. I'm a fan of Bon-era AC/DC, and this set is worth it for Disc 1 alone. AC/DC are truly ROCK GODS!!! Looking back as pretty much a greatest hits video package, AC/DC haven't had many missteps, and this is a solid package. You owe it to yourself to buy this if you are a fan. This is by far the best music DVD set I own, currently.

BUY IT NOW, AND RESPECT THE ROCK!!!!! :D

Darryl M
03-30-2005, 09:12 PM
Phenomenal!

James C
03-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Classic stuff. Love it.

Bill Pissott
03-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Had this in my hands this evening but didn't see some of my favorite cuts on the DVD so I put it back for now. Maybe down the road.

Shawn S
03-30-2005, 10:45 PM
i bought this today at best buy for 9.99. i cant wait to get this in, the bon scott stuff should be awesome. AC/DC will always rule no matter how much my taste changes.

Zane C.
03-31-2005, 12:32 AM
Had this in my hands this evening but didn't see some of my favorite cuts on the DVD so I put it back for now. Maybe down the road.

Oh, it's an awesome set, Bill! I think you'll enjoy it if you like AC/DC. :D

Bill Pissott
03-31-2005, 12:42 AM
Oh, it's an awesome set, Bill! I think you'll enjoy it if you like AC/DC. :D

I definitely have every intention of picking it up Zane, I'm actually going to be heading back to Best Buy on Saturday so maybe I can score it then. I looked it over real quick tonight but I was in a hurry to get home from work and walked out with Skynyrd's "Freebird The Movie" instead.

Zane C.
03-31-2005, 12:49 AM
I definitely have every intention of picking it up Zane, I'm actually going to be heading back to Best Buy on Saturday so maybe I can score it then. I looked it over real quick tonight but I was in a hurry to get home from work and walked out with Skynyrd's "Freebird The Movie" instead.

An excellent choice, Bill! I've yet to see it, but I really enjoy Skynyrd's music, and I understand it's pretty good!

I've actually got the AC/DC disc going right now in the background, "Rock N' Roll Damnation" is on. A classic, along with all the other Bon era tracks!

Bill Pissott
03-31-2005, 12:56 AM
An excellent choice, Bill! I've yet to see it, but I really enjoy Skynyrd's music, and I understand it's pretty good!

I've actually got the AC/DC disc going right now in the background, "Rock N' Roll Damnation" is on. A classic, along with all the other Bon era tracks!

It's definitely a good concert film Zane, with some rare black and white footage of them doing some "Street Survivors" cuts before the album was released. What's eerie about it is you see them taking off on the flight that eventually crashed. Pretty spooky.

As for AC/DC, I love the Bon era stuff and apparently I was in too much of a hurry tonight because as I re-read the track listing tonight, some of the songs I thought weren't included are there. I feel like a cluck now!

Jennifer S.
04-01-2005, 05:55 PM
OK I picked it up today and made it through my one month no dvd purchase attempt. :)

It helps that I am feeling alot better today anyway,compared too the last week. If that is not good enough. I even made it too work,picked up my check,then across the street to Best Buy(was in and out in under 5 minutes),then all the way across town in rush hour traffic too deposit mine and my moms check in the bank before 3 p.m. in one hour! I got too the bank 10 minutes before 3 and was leaving exactly at 3p.m. just barely getting the checks deposited on time. I rock:D!!

One little complaint about the dvd is the way the discs are housed inside. They overlap each other and are a bitch too get out. After a few tries,I figured out how to get the discs out. Just press down on the middle lock,until it 'snaps' lightly,thus letting the disc off it's holder and slide right out. This was my first experiance with the 'death grips from hell' as people call them. Annoying,but easy to use once you get the hand of it. But if you carelessly try to pull the disc out any other way,it will snap in half.

I can't wait to blare this dvd later tonight and blow out my speakers:D

Ian Jane
04-01-2005, 05:57 PM
blow out my speakers:D

Sounds like you need some Manowar to go along with that.

John G.
04-02-2005, 02:22 AM
Does this DVD have "Let Me Put My Love Into You?" That's always been my favorite AC/DC song...

Horace Cordier
04-02-2005, 03:28 AM
Does this DVD have "Let Me Put My Love Into You?" That's always been my favorite AC/DC song...

No, that one's not on there. Great song, though...

Bill Pissott
04-17-2005, 12:22 AM
My Wife, a huge AC/DC fan, and me watched this DVD at various time throughout the day today and we enjoyed it completely. A great release from a great, balls out rock and roll band. Lots of fun!

Bill Pissott
04-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Well, now I know I created a music monster! I'm cleaning the front hall this morning and immediately recognize the opening gong from "Hell's Bells" and I just figure it's my wife watching The Family Jewels DVD again but no, it's my 9 year old girl with guitar in hand watching, listening and playing along to AC/DC. It really makes a father proud, you know? :)

John G.
04-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Well, now I know I created a music monster! I'm cleaning the front hall this morning and immediately recognize the opening gong from "Hell's Bells" and I just figure it's my wife watching The Family Jewels DVD again but no, it's my 9 year old girl with guitar in hand watching, listening and playing along to AC/DC. It really makes a father proud, you know? :)
Holy crap Bill... that's just about the coolest thing I've ever heard! :)

Bill Pissott
04-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Holy crap Bill... that's just about the coolest thing I've ever heard! :)

Thanks John. She's already riffing "Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" and was singing it when I took her to lunch. :)

Robert Lawson
04-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Disc one of this set is simply one of the best music DVD releases ever. Nice to see the lads still remembering dear old Bon.

The Glasgow footage was awesome to see.

I kinda wished they had added at least one clip featuring their original vocalist just for completist sake but still, its a GREAT set as is.

Bon Scott
R.I.P.

Denise*G
04-22-2005, 01:37 PM
i need help from anyone who has this new 2-disc set... i have a boot dvd called "AC/DC HIGH VOLTAGE 1974-1980 RARITIES COLLECTION" and i want to know if any of these tracks below are NOT on the legit set (also, is it the same source - live, promo clip, tv, etc.):

1. CAN I SIT NEXT TO YOU GIRL (PROMO 1974 WITH DAVE EVANS)
2. HIGH VOLTAGE (PROMO 1975)
3. BABY PLEASE DON'T GO (COUNTDOWN AUSSIE TV 1975)
4. JAILBREAK (PROMO 1976)
5. IT'S A LONG WAY TO THE TOP (PROMO 1976)
6. JAILBREAK (COUNTDOWN PROMO AUSSIE TV 1976)
7. PROBLEM CHILD (LIVE IN SYDNEY 12/12/76)
8. BABY PLEASE DON'T GO (LIVE IN SYDNEY 12/12/76)
9. DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP (PROMO 1976)
10. JAILBREAK (SO IT GOES UK TV 8/14/76)
11. LET THERE BE ROCK (PROMO 1977)
12. SIN CITY (LIVE MIDNIGHT SPECIAL US TV 9/6/78)
13. HIGHWAY TO HELL (PROMO 1979)
14. SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES (PROMO 1979)
15. TOUCH TOO MUCH (PROMO 1979)
16. IF YOU WANT BLOOD (PROMO 1979)
17. WALK ALL OVER YOU (PROMO 1979)
18. HIGHWAY TO HELL (LIVE ARNHEM , HOLLAND 7/13/79)
19. BAD BOY BOOGIE (LIVE ARNHEM , HOLLAND 7/13/79)
20. THE JACK (LIVE ARNHEM , HOLLAND 7/13/79)
21. ROCKER (LIVE ARNHEM , HOLLAND 7/13/79)
22. WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE (LIVE ARNHEM , HOLLAND 7/13/79)
23. TOUCH TOO MUCH (TOP OF THE POPS UK TV 2/7/80)

thanx!

Horace Cordier
04-22-2005, 10:25 PM
I'd have to really go over it, but I know the Evans track (#1) is DEFINITELY not on FAMILY JEWELS, and it looks like their are a lot of differences in the two tracklists. I would hold onto this if you were thinking of getting rid of it and replacing it with the new "legit" set.

Denise*G
04-23-2005, 08:12 AM
I'd have to really go over it, but I know the Evans track (#1) is DEFINITELY not on FAMILY JEWELS, and it looks like their are a lot of differences in the two tracklists. I would hold onto this if you were thinking of getting rid of it and replacing it with the new "legit" set.

ok, thanks.
the boot is "A" quality, but even so, i'm sure the legit one looks much better.

Bill Pissott
04-23-2005, 09:46 AM
CAN I SIT NEXT TO YOU GIRL (PROMO 1974 WITH DAVE EVANS)
PROBLEM CHILD (LIVE IN SYDNEY 12/12/76)
HIGHWAY TO HELL (LIVE ARNHEM , HOLLAND 7/13/79)
BAD BOY BOOGIE (LIVE ARNHEM , HOLLAND 7/13/79)
THE JACK (LIVE ARNHEM , HOLLAND 7/13/79)
ROCKER (LIVE ARNHEM , HOLLAND 7/13/79)
WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE (LIVE ARNHEM , HOLLAND 7/13/79)
TOUCH TOO MUCH (TOP OF THE POPS UK TV 2/7/80)

thanx!

I hope this is right but to the best of my knowledge, the quoted tracks above are not on the Family Jewels release. "Whole Lotta Rosie" on Jewels is from the BBC's "Rock Goes To College" and was filmed on 10/28/78. "Touch Too Much" is listed but I am assuming it is from the same BBC show. "Highway To Hell" on the Jewels collection is from 2/9/80. Also, "Baby Please Don't Go" is on Jewels but from April, 1975 live on ABC's "Countdown".