PDA

View Full Version : The best books of Euro horror/exploitation/spaghetti/crime

Jari K
01-17-2005, 06:14 AM
I know there have been some talk about this, I´m sure, but what do you recomment, that are "in print" right now? If there is already a thread, I´m sorry, but I just thought that with some older threads, some books might be OOP now.

Euro horror/giallo/exploitation/spaghetti/crime?

I really have to get some proper books, I don´t have them that much. Thanks. :)

Wostry Ferenc
01-17-2005, 10:13 AM
These two are in german, but they are better then anything I saw published in english:

Christian Kessler's WILDE AUGE (italian horror encyclopedia)

+ TERROR FÜHRT REGIE (italian crime films encyclopedia)

Olaf Wrobel
01-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Great books:

Christian Kessler's WILDE AUGE (italian horror encyclopedia) is oop, with luck you find it on ebay.de but at traumathek.de where you have to search under books you will find it for sure.

I also recommend Christian Kessler's
Willkommen in der Hölle (Italo/Spaghetti Western)
420 detailed movie descriptions, 140 more Euro western in the Appendix, 300 rare photos, Interview with Gianni Garko

+ TERROR FÜHRT REGIE (italian crime films encyclopedia) Is out of print and you won't fiind it anywhere, but on the website of the publisher you can order a Hybrid PDF CD-Rom with an exclusive interview with Fernando Di Leo which you won't find in the printed edition

For Giallo's you have to buy the Giallo bible from Adrian Luther Smith, with great great pictures and text.

Aaron G
01-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Fopr giallos the 'Blood and Black Lace' book that Darkside magazine put out is reasonably decent, but you can't go past the fantastic FabPress titles 'Flesh and Blood' and for Euro stuff 'Eyeball'. Shit, anything on FabPress is pretty essential for that matter..

Neal C
01-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Immoral Tales: European Sex & Horror Movies 1956-1984, by Cathal Tohill, Pete Tombs.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/031213519X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Troy Howarth
01-22-2005, 02:42 PM
FAB put out a pretty nice book on Mario Bava - lots of nice pictures, but the writing isn't the best. :D