PDA

View Full Version : Death Game (1976)

Joe L
12-19-2004, 07:30 AM
**1/2

Another film I've been meaning to see, about two free-spirited yet demented young chicks (Sondra Locke and Colleen Camp) who turn a middle-aged man's life upside down when they take over his home and harrass him while his wife and kids are away. Kind of the ultimate fantasy for a male, but it could have used a lot more sex amidst all the wackiness and mayhem. But this is still one bizarre experience and certainly a sight to see. I've never seen Sondra Locke show so much range, at least not in any of the movies I've seen her in.

I kind of liked that goofy theme song about "my good old dad", and it's got a GREAT ending.

John Deakin
12-19-2004, 06:22 PM
yes an overlooked little sleeper pity the dvd is a p&s atrocity sourced from a crappy vhs.

Jason W
12-19-2004, 06:47 PM
I have the vhs of this movie, sounds like there's no need to update to the dvd, but as for the movie I loved it also, and I also loved that theme song too, it was creepy kind of, even though it was a happy type song.

Steve W.
12-20-2004, 12:52 AM
I used to HATE this movie until I realized it was rather effective in its day. Before I knew who Sondra Locke and Colleen Camp were, they really creeped me out in this flick. Colleen Camp has this comic timing in other films that I just get a kick out of. I wonder if I watch this now if it'll have that same effect or will I be watching it for the talent of the two actresses rather than getting absorbed completely in the story.
That last part used to trip me out.

Bob Lindstrom
12-20-2004, 07:02 AM
With all respect, Steve, this movie was NEVER effective in ANY day. Camp's bulging, bouncing bundles were and are the only two reasons to see this movie. We had taste even way back in 1977.

:D

Bryan D
12-24-2004, 12:14 PM
I still need to get the DVD. Pity about the crappy presentation though, shame on VCI.
Love this film but always felt stuff was missing (edited for an R rating?).

John Deakin
12-24-2004, 01:35 PM
I still need to get the DVD. Pity about the crappy presentation though, shame on VCI.
Love this film but always felt stuff was missing (edited for an R rating?).it's pretty hard to follow in some scenes but i reckon that's due to the atrocious cropping.