PDA

View Full Version : Bunshinsaba

Bill Pissott
11-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Anyone seen this Korean horror film? Any thoughts? Thanks.

http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=3401

Bill Pissott
11-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Found a couple of reviews online and they were not too positive regarding this one. Been a while since I watched an Asian horror film, thought this could have been the one. :)

Wostry Ferenc
11-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Another Ring-like, "long-haired skank is trying to scare the beejeezus out of you" asian horror. Schoolgirls might find this kind of thing frightening... It has it's *very* few moments of scares, but as all korean genre films, there is too much boredom in it to be successfull. But what do I know? I already hated the Ring, back in the day...

Bill Pissott
11-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Another Ring-like, "long-haired skank is trying to scare the beejeezus out of you" asian horror. Schoolgirls might find this kind of thing frightening... It has it's *very* few moments of scares, but as all korean genre films, there is too much boredom in it to be successfull. But what do I know? I already hated the Ring, back in the day...

Thanks for the info. I'll probably skip it seeing as I am one of the few who thinks Nakata's "Ring" is very overrated. I'm not sure that ALL Korean genre films are boring throughout. I was completely into nearly every second of "Tell Me Something" and was on the edge of my seat throughout "Say Yes". :)

Jason Lee
11-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah, i thought this one was not really special either....What can you expect from the director of PHONE and NIGHTMARE???

Pretty formulaic and the story is one that has been told THOUSANDS of times...and I thought the ending was too predictable tooacting wasnt too hot either..although the lead actress was good....Visuals are , as to be expectred, pretty slick but alas this cannot save the film....

Ok if you have a few hours to kill...although the scariest bit (along with most of the set pieces) has been stolen from another (better ) film....